Chapter 81: Endings

Start from the beginning

"What's the opposite of destruction? Creation!" Lloyd points to the Pilot Episodes painting "Don't you get it? Creation—the Tornado of Creation! It's the one thing that can overcome darkness and defeat the Oni—the power of Creation! But all of us this time, or it won't work"

"How do you know?" Jay questions

"Yeah. It was a miracle it worked the first time!" Kai shouts

"All of us together, it's gotta work" Lloyd says "we got nothing to lose"

Jay holds out his hand to Nya "We're one now, Nya. Care to join?" She takes his hand

Aria stands besides Garmadon

"Wait, It has to be all of us" Lloyd looks at Garmadon and Aria

Garmadon crossed his arms "I am not one of you"

"I'm the ninja of darkness, not creation" Aria argues

"Vut you are as much a part of the history of Ninjago as the rest of us" Lloyd says

Garmadon walks away, leaving Lloyd in surprise. The Oni break down the doors. They step into the monastery.

"Here goes nothing!" Cole shouts

"Ninja, GOO!!" They all spin except for Garmadon and Aria

Garmadon watches the Ninjas' Spinjitzu as the Oni march in. He sees the darkness cover up Lloyd in the Sons of Garmadon painting, and he looks back at the Oni.

"Let's do it" Garmadon says to Aria "After all we are the strongest, right, my pupil?"

Aria looks at him and smiles "Right Sensei"

Garmadon and Aria do Spinjitzu. Everyone's Spinjitzu tornadoes merge into one, forming the largest Tornado of Creation. It creates a light and explodes.

-

Lloyd wakes up and gasps, he finds himself in spacious grasslands.

"Lloyd"

He looks over to see Aria, he helps her up "Are you ok?"

"yeah" she replies "where are we? Are we dead?!"

They hear a roar, they look over to see the First Spinjitzu Master's dragon.

"Hello, Lloyd and Aria" they turn to see who is calling them, it was an old man that resembled the first spinjitzu master "Do you like my dragon?"

"You" Lloyd kneels "You're the First Spinjitzu Master" Aria kneels as well

"No, no, please—no kneeling" the First Spinjitzu Master holds his hands out and pulls the two up "You both have done so much for Ninjago. If anyone should kneel, it should be I"

"What is this place? What happened?" Lloyd asks

"You two have faced destruction with dignity and courage, and you responded with creation and love" the First Spinjitzu Master pets his dragon "There is no greater response"

"But... why are we here?" Aria questions

"I brought you here to say thank you for all you have done" the First Spinjitzu Master replies "Life is balance, you two are balace. Endings are never really endings, only new beginnings. And you have given us all a new beginning. The future is what we make of it, and you refused to let our future end in darkness" Petals surround them "Well done, Lloyd Montgomery Garmadon and Aria Celestial Lord. Well done"

The First Spinjitzu Master takes of his hat, kneels, and bows to Lloyd and Aria.

"Thanks, but—well, I don't really understand any of this" Lloyd says