Chapter 23 - Sakura vs. Her Parents

Start from the beginning

"So what if Naruto's the one who told you? It may still be a lie."

"Because he is married to a Hyuga, a woman coming from another powerful clan as powerful as Sasuke's. The company of the Hyugas made a partnership with the Uchihas and that's why Naruto knew. And because Naruto is also the hokage that he obviously doesn't have the time to listen to some unnecessary lies!"

Both her parents became quiet.
Then finally Sakura took a deep breath, she seemed like she has already calmed herself.
"I'm sorry for not letting you stay here last night. I know it's been awhile that you've seen Sarada and I. But what you did was just too much. I can't even handle what you did myself, what more Sarada."

"We know that sweetheart, but please understand that we still don't trust Sasuke," Kizashi explained.

"I know dad. But if he cares about my daughter, then that's what matters to me."

"No. I'm sorry Sakura, whether you like it or not, Sasori will be a part of your family," Mebuki insisted.
"You don't get to decide for me, mom!" Sakura shouted.
"Sweetheart, your mom and I are just looking out for you," Kizashi explained. 

"I know that dad, but please I'm already on my 30s, I can handle anything!"

"I'm sorry, Sakura. Although I will not force you to marry Sasori right away, but I really like you to get to know him first. You'll see someday what your dad and I saw in him. This is for your own good. We will be leaving by the end of this week, but Sasori will be staying to look after you girls," Mebuki said.

"No mom. You guys, please just leave," Sakura was restraining herself.

"This is for you own good."

"I really missed you mom, dad. But you gotta leave now, please."

"Sakura—"

"Just please, mom!" Sakura's tears started flowing on her cheeks.

Without another word, her parents turned their backs on her. They called Sasori from her living room, and left.

Sakura couldn't believe her parents. She wasn't very close to them even as a child, but still, of all people, they shouldn't be the one forcing her into marrying someone she doesn't know.

And her dad should be the most understanding in this kind of "situation" since Kizashi's parents also didn't approve of Mebuki before, but her dad still married her mom. Why was her dad agreeing with her mom anyway? He should know exactly what she was feeling towards Sasuke.
But then again the difference was her mom didn't leave her dad hanging for three years. But still. As parents, she believed that they should understand her.

Sarada finally appeared in Sakura's thoughts, so she immediately ran up the stairs, wiping her cheeks.

When she got to Sarada's room, she saw her just lying down, hugging one of her huge stuffed animals. She went inside the little girl's room, then Sarada just looked up at her when Sakura reached her daughter's bed.

She sat down beside her and hugged her.
"Sweetie, you sure you wanna see your dad already?" Sakura asked.
"I think so," Sarada mumbled.

"Just let mommy know if you want to see him already. But if you're not yet ready, I understand. We'll just do it slowly."

"I wanna see Uncle Itachi first."