Chapter 93 ~ It's All Unraveling

For a moment, all Lucinda could see was black. Then she realized her eyes were closed, and she opened them slowly. A scream had left her mouth before she could stop it as she looked underneath her, miles of space and floating colours surrounding her like she was floating through the galaxy.

She didn't understand. How wasn't she falling right now?

She shakily pushed herself up on her feet, and though she couldn't see anything beneath her, she felt like there was glass under her feet. Nobody was around her, and foam green clouds were shrouding up the place, making her not see very far.

A small white circle appeared below her feet, giving her an actual surface to look at instead of the vast space.

"What happened?" Lucinda whispered. "What did Lily do?"

◈▣◈

"He did it," Anastasia breathed, her voice wavering. "He actually did it."

She cursed herself. She should've known Rasputin would stop at nothing to get his precious wand back, so keeping it in her closet was probably not the best thing to do in hindsight. She had no idea where she was, standing on a tall flat rock in the middle of what seemed like the center of the galaxy, stars twinkling above and hefty pink clouds swirling around her.

She didn't know where the other girls had gone. Lily had willingly thrown herself into the vortex, but her, Lucinda, and Indigo were trying hard to keep their ground in the dorm room. It didn't help. The vortex only grew stronger, eating away at the walls of Anastasia's dorm and eventually consuming the three of them.

Last time she checked, Rasputin's wand didn't have the power to send people into orbit, so Anastasia could only assume that this was a space created by Rasputin's wand itself, and everyone was sent here. Would that mean that they were inside Rasputin's wand?

Anastasia shivered, though it was quite warm with only a slight breeze. She wished Dimitri was with her, or her grandma. They were always a good support system when it came to situations like this. Her head rested in her knees, and she squeezed her eyes shut in an attempt to focus more. She needed to find a way to the others. From there, they could figure out how to get out of here.

Then she'd face Rasputin once again.

◈▣◈

Kim woke up slightly dazed. It didn't help when the first thing she saw when she opened her eyes was endless space before her, and she let out a scream as she scrambled backwards towards nowhere.

She couldn't see too far ahead of her, but she also wasn't falling to her doom, so things didn't seem that bad so far.

Kim had been in the cafeteria with Ron when the vortex appeared. She'd been watching Jim, who was with Merida and Periwinkle, and they all seemed to be wearing a look of concern on their faces. She didn't understand what was going on, but it looked serious. Things got even more serious when the large green portal appeared in the sky and Maleficent's talons burst through the cafeteria walls. Chaos ensued from there, but Kim couldn't remember the rest as she was struck by Maleficent's tail and sent flying towards the portal.

"Ron?" Kim called out, though she knew it was useless. Nobody seemed to be near her.

Kim was taken by surprise when a light blue path began to take shape, leading her through the large clouds that covered the area. Did the path somehow hear her? Was it taking her to Ron?

"Fine," she muttered, stepping onto the path, rubbing at her sore side. "I have nothing to lose by following it anyway."

Kim walked down the path which was now leading her through a cloud, limiting her vision. She heard a sound, a cross between the sloshing of soaking wet shoes and the crunch of a leaf. As Kim continued to walk down the path, the cloud faded away and a weird, mutant-looking monster came into Kim's sight.