Chapter 8~ Kim

"Wade, did you try to contact me today? My phone died." Kim asked.

"Nope. There's nothing going wrong anywhere."

"You're kidding me. There's always evil when you turn your back." Kim's buddy, Ron said.

A smile slowly spread on Kim's face.

"So I don't have to work?"

"Uh...it's not really a job but-"

"That's great! I can use the school spa, actually help out during film fest..."

"Couldn't you do all those things before?" Ron asked, smuggling Rufus a fry.

"Well I could but now I can do it with no interruptions." Kim smiled.

"If you say so...but you never really stop being busy Kim." Wade shrugged and logged off.

"Free day...interesting."

◈▣◈

"Jim, hey Jim! Can you come here for a second?" Kim waved him over.

Jim Hawkins walked over and Kim took a minute to take his scent in.

"Uh...you needed me?" He asked.

"Yeah...my locker won't open." Kim pouted.

Ron rolled his eyes.

"Do you...want me to open it for you?" Jim asked, his brows raised.

"If you could just pry it open that'd be great." Kim sighed.

While Jim was prying open the locker, Ron whispered to Kim, "do you just make any excuse to see his muscles?"

"Yep." Kim swooned.

Ron gagged inwardly.

"Thanks Jim."

"No problem, see ya later." He said and walked off.

"Bye..." Kim waved.

Ron didn't like how different Kim got around him. She was like a lovesick puppy.

"Kim and Jim. It's like we're made for each other." She sighed.

◈▣◈

"C'mon Ariel! I know you can go just a little bit faster! You too Moana!" Eric urged.

"How much faster do you want us to go!" Moana snapped.

"Our last time was three minutes. That's good, isn't it? Besides, I really do have to meet up with a few friends later..."

"No time for that Ariel. Swim another lap. The rest of you as well. I heard DreamWorks has some great swimmers this year!"

Ariel doubted that anyone could beat her and Moana. Not only was she a secret mermaid, but Moana controlled the ocean.

Nobody knew about this except each other. The pair were close and kept each others secrets.

"We have a new swimmer." The swim Coach announced.

"A new swimmer? Just when we're about to enter competition?" A teammate questioned.

"My name is Oona."

Ariel looked at the girl. She must be a youth. She looked so young. She had chocolate brown eyes and blonde hair. She was wearing the basic navy one piece needed for the team.

Eric handed her a cap. She tucked her blonde tresses into the cap and jumped into the water.

"Okay Oona, do a lap. We're going to see how fast you can go." Eric said.

Oona swam really fast! Maybe even faster than Ariel! But how could anyone outswim a mermaid? Only another mermaid could...right?

"Two minutes and forty nine seconds! That's amazing Oona!" Eric exclaimed.

"That was...weird." Ariel murmured.

◈▣◈

"And he just opened the locker for ya?" Rosetta asked, talking to Kim over rehearsal lunch.

"Yeah. He's so dreamy."

"I don't get the big deal about this Jim guy." Merida scoffed.

"Tell me about it." Ron muttered.

"He's just so kind...and mysterious...and did you see yesterday when he helped that squirrel?" Kim gushed.

"Yeah, that was the sweetest!" Silvermist sighed.

"Enough, enough! Time to get to business. Elsa, what's on the agenda?" Fawn asked.

"So we start casting roles I guess. Um, so I'll divide the place into two. The ones that want to audition, and the ones who want to do backstage."

"Backstage definitely." Isabel said to Alice and Eilonwy.

Eilonwy watched people move different directions. A familiar moss of straight black hair moved pass her.

"Violet!" Eilonwy called.

Violet turned around. She didn't say anything.

"I'm still really sorry about the whole diary reading thing." Eilonwy said.

"It's fine." Violet said and rushed off.

"Don't sweat it, she's probably just looking for her friend Penny Forrester. Do you know her? Short brown hair, brown eyes." Taran rambled.

"Oh."

"It's not your fault. Violet doesn't associate with anyone other than Penny really."

"Well I would like to try to be her friend." Eilonwy crossed her arms.

"So...are you doing auditions, or backstage?" Taran asked.

"What are you doing?" Eilonwy countered.

"Well...Alice and Isabel are doing backstage. But I think I'd like to be a minor part."

"I think I would like to be part of the show as well. Maybe audition for the main role." Eilonwy shrugged.

"I think the older girls are going for that." Taran said.

Eilonwy glanced at them. "Well they have competition."

Taran laughed. "You're weird."