Chapter 82

"I asked Eric out to the movies yesterday."

Giselle had been talking to Ariel for the past twenty minutes, but Ariel couldn't truthfully say she'd really picked up a word until now.

"Really?" she choked out.

Moana raised her brow at Ariel, noticing how she'd suddenly tuned in to the conversation. She shook her head, realizing that Ariel hadn't told Giselle about her crush on Eric.

"What did he say?" Moana asked.

"He said yes." Giselle frowned. "But he said he was going to come with Shang, and that I should bring someone too. Is that a double date? Or is he just trying to make it less of a date?"

"I mean...maybe?" Ariel said.

Moana smirked, watching Ariel squirm. "Yes to which one?"

"Maybe he wants it to be a double date!"

Giselle smiled at Ariel's response and Moana sighed, watching Ariel with familiar pitying eyes. Giselle soon left them, walking off to her last class of the Friday evening, and Moana turned to Ariel.

"You can't keep doing this, Ariel."

"Moana what would you do? She's so happy, and I'm not about to ruin everything by saying I like the same guy as her, especially when it's unlikely that guy likes me back. It's best for me just to get over him."

Moana shook her head. "That's not true Ariel. He was so proud of you when you won your race."

Ariel laughed. It was a bitter sound, which was rare from her. "Yeah. So proud, that he called me and the rest of the team to congratulate us."

"What?" Moana's face blanked, then she smirked. "He didn't call me."

"He...he didn't?" Ariel hoped her voice didn't give off too much hope, but discreetness was never her strong suit.

"He definitely just used that as a coverup for talking to you."

"Do you really think so? Cause I cut him off, and I think he thought I was ignoring him."

"Well...were you?"

Ariel tucked a red coil behind her ear. "Just a little bit."

Moana sighed at her friend and they continued to walk down the halls. She spotted a red-eyed Aurora entering the washroom, her body shaking with sobs.

"Poor Aurora. Are they even doing anything about Philip?"

Ariel shrugged. "Principal Mickey has almost gone crazy looking for him. He believes Lily's disappearance has something to do with it, and Tinkerbell's absence. I even heard they got Kim Possible on the case."

Moana shivered. "Do you think we're safe?"

"Of course we are," Ariel said, even though there was doubt laced between her words. "Walt Disney College is the safest place to be."

"Ariel!" A dark-haired boy turned in their direction, eyes sparkling. "Moana! Hey!"

"Eric!" Ariel's smile grew unnaturally wide, and she could feel Moana hold in her giggles next to her.

"Hey Eric, what's up?"

"I'm pretty good. I actually have a favour to ask of both of you." He directed his question at the two of them, but his eyes stayed on Ariel as he said, "Do you want to go to the movies with Giselle and Shang? Giselle asked me but...I didn't want it to seem like a date, and you guys are her friends right?"

"Y-yeah. We are. Her friends, that is. I guess we could go. I don't think I'm busy." Ariel didn't stop there. "When is this, by the way? And also, why don't you want to go with Giselle she's great and—"