Chapter 74

It was Thursday morning. Elena felt like she hadn't spent much time with Naomi or Mateo lately. Don't get her wrong, spending time with Gabe was lovely, and she enjoyed his company, but she couldn't help what Mateo and Naomi did while the couple were away together.

Elena had Physics with Naomi, so maybe she could talk to her then.

"Naomi! Hi!"

Naomi raised her eyebrows. "Ah, so you remember me?"

Elena rolled her eyes. "I ate breakfast with you yesterday, it'd be hard to forget."

"Right. Mateo and I were alone in the cafeteria this morning, I wonder why."

Elena shrugged, even though she fully well knew the answer. "Gabe wanted to take me out for breakfast."

"You're having way too much fun with that guy. We should do something, the four of us. Or me and Mateo will start our own little club to go against gabelena."

Elena tried to control her laughter when she heard Naomi mash her and Gabe's names together.

"I won't hesitate," Naomi said, even though she was smiling too.

"We will do something. A picnic. You love food, right?"

Naomi grinned. "You know I do."

◈▣◈

Isabel woke up to a distinct humming. She opened one eye, and saw Alice's pillow on top of her head, while Wendy was humming and folding her nightdress.

"Did you wake up early Wendy?" Isabel asked, considering Wendy was already dressed.

Wendy nodded. "Early bird gets the worm."

Isabel thought she heard Alice mumble "disgusting" under her pillow.

"Uh...is there anywhere to shower?"

Wendy laughed. "I took a quick dip in the lake, even though it's not the cleanest, but Mr. Timon claimed he'll set up an outhouse-like shower."

"It's Timon," Alice said.

Wendy glared at her, even though Alice couldn't see. Isabel sighed.

Wendy left the tent to do who knows what, and Isabel crawled over to where Alice was sleeping.

"Hey. Can you at least try to get along with her?"

"It's Wendy Darling. She irks me."

Isabel removed the pillow from Alice's head and whacked her with it.

"Try," she repeated.

Alice rolled over, her blonde hair covering half her face.

"Fine."

◈▣◈

"Listen, I'm not even exactly sure where this map goes," Jim said.

Merida rolled her eyes. "Well you seemed like you knew when ya told me about it!"

Mowgli decided to be the voice of wisdom. "Well I feel like taking off in the middle of the week wouldn't be the best thing to do, so I say we go Friday evening, and leave Jim to figure out his map."

Jim rubbed his face. "Sure. But it's not as easy as you're making it sound."

"Oh how complicated can it be? Gimme that!" Merida snatched the map from Jim's hands. "I can figure this out."

Jim smirked. "You can?"

Merida knocked him on the head with the map. "Why'd ya sound so surprised? Leave it to me, I can do it."