Steven Shows Up!

A few weeks into Unova and I am dying to see Hoenn again. Cilan, Iris and I went literally all over the place, helping our Gym Leaders in their problems. Swampert helped Clay and his Palpitoad to dig a new tunnel down the caves so they'd go exploring farther.
Iris and Haxorus helped Brycen prefect his skills best they can. Emolga and I flew with Skyla (don't ask how I got around—it's a long story) to heights even I didn't know I could reach.
Cilan, Chili and Cress opened up a Restaurant-Mini for their friends and family in general. The reason they shut down the idea on their big thing is because I told them to take it Baby Steps.
We visited the Dragon Village and surprisingly, a lot of Dragon Masters we knew were there, clapping Iris on the back and shaking her up in a welcome back sorta way. She was ecstatic when Clair gave her a pat on the head and told her she grew up a lot.
"So...heard you and the others got better at battling."
I barely jumped as the owner of the voice tapped my shoulder. Whirling around, I saw Raihan standing there, a handsome smirk on his face and his Duraludon grunting at me as hello. Why did he come here? I don't know. When did he get here? I don't know. Does he want to have a battle? That I know the answer to.
"Raihan, I—um...hello," I stammered.
Okay, okay, no doubt I had a crush on that guy once and no doubt did he admire me back but Steven is the only one I want and I think Raihan already knows. He waved a hand infront of my face to get my attention.
"Hey? Helloooooo? Earth to World Champion? Do you read?" He laughed as I shook my head and looked at him straight, "How about it huh? One on one battle? Just you and me?"
Emolga sniggered and I resisted the urge to smack her. I put my headphones down and nodded confidently.
"Right," I confirmed, "Emolga."
"Duraludon," Raihan said, elbowing his Partner playfully.
I can tell Duraludon wanted to hit him back but he couldn't do it infront of these people. The only guy missing was Drake. He wasn't here and just realizing he was in Hoenn made my heart ache for Steven and Wally again—mostly Steven.
It made me think of two theories:
1) he was Drunk again
2) he had no idea we were even here
The first one and the second one evenly made sense but whatever. Raihan stood opposing to me. His Duraludon stood towering infront of my little Emolga. Yeah, my 'little' Emolga that can Gigantamax and kick a Legendary's butt. Sure that goes great.
No doubt was Emolga stupidly faster than Duraludon but her attack and Special Attack is not as good as Duraludon's.
"Okay!" Iris announced to the Dragon Village, "The Battle between The Tamer Of All Dragons and the World Champion is about to start! Now let's go! BATTLE BEGIN!"
"Duraludon, DRAGON CLAW!" Raihan began.
Well, on the upside, Emolga can pack up tons of speed and not let Duraludon hit her once. On the down side, I don't think we can even scratch him.
"Emolga use Thunderbolt!" I ordered.
Emolga did a loop and tried to land on Duraludon's head and blow the fuse but it turns out, his reactions were a little bit speedier than I thought.
I'll let you in on a secret, Duraludon is not that careful. The thing is, he doesn't care where he aims his moves. All he cares about is that if he gets a hit, he's golden.
Screeching to a halt, Emolga shook her head and coughed up dust as Duraludon's Dragon claw got her good.
"Let's GO! FLASH CANNON!"
Raihan is yelling and awful lot and I knew he was a nervous wreck. Going against a trainer, he's usually like meh, it's fine. Going against me he's always like OH GOD WHAT AM I GOING TO DO?!
Emolga took flight and Flash Cannon blew up the ground behind her. She kept steady though and I knew if it was a good time to strike, it will be when Duraludon is confused. And he is not the smartest Pokémon Species. Believe me on that one (for all you Duraludon lovers, I'm not insulting it at all, I'm telling you my opinion).
"HERE WE GO!" I warned Emolga.
She nodded and dove down hard at him. Raihan looked panic free but I knew, deep down inside, he was having a heart attack. Emolga zapped just past the side of Duraludon's face at barely the speed of sound and took a sharp turn, charging his back.
"Use IRON TAIL!" I shouted.
Flipping over, Emolga smashed her Tail into Duraludon and sent him staggering forwards. Now that's what I call damage.
"Duraludon Dragon Claw now!" Raihan said desperately.
"Not so fast! Charm!"
When Emolga was messing around with wild Pokémon, she'd act all cute and use Charm on them so she'd have a little fun. It was so crazy and I have to admit, probably the only way she can get what she wants from me.

Duraludon's humungo fist went halt just millimeters from Emolga's face. Raihan tried to look at his face by leaning a little to the side but apparently the only Fairy Move Emolga knows drives Male Pokémon crazy.
"D-D-Duraludon?!" Raihan almost fell over when he saw pink hearts sparking inside his Pokémon's eyes. I almost snickered but I slapped myself to stop.
"NOW FINISH HIM OFF! USE THUNDERBOLT!" I yelled last second.
Emolga walked over to Duraludon and gave him a big hug. He seemed really happy about that. Well, that was before...
"EMOLGAAAAAAAA!"
Yeah Emolga totally blew the fuse and not only did she Electrocute Duraludon but somehow, me and Raihan also got involved. My brain started to waver and malfunction again but I stood up straight long enough to see Duraludon go down.
"I lost again..."
"Aw don't feel too bad, we all lost," Iris shrugged, "Isn't that right guys?"
The few Dragon Masters that were here nodded and smiled at me. Even though the two of us looked like we were dunked with Black Paint, he grinned at me and held out a hand.
"Next time I'll be stronger," he said, "That's a promise."
"I know you will be," I told him.
Then, before we can go wash off somewhere, I stopped and looked up into the sky. Something didn't seem all that...right.
A Salamence roared and landed with a thud, making me jump into Cilan and Raihan backed up two steps. He wasn't afraid since he was used to these guys.
I don't remember all that clearly, but he told me in Galar he used to have one as a teenager. Drake hopped off and he gave us the smile of a pirate.
Have to admit, I missed that guy—when he wasn't all high. And after him was...
"STEVEN?!" Me, Iris and Cilan shouted.
"Oh hey," Lance waved.
Steven gave me a smile and I leapt up at him, giving him a big hug. I heard Clair do an "ooooooh" but I ignored it. Steven put a hand on my face and held his palm infront if his face.
"Whoa, what happened to you?" He chuckled, looking at the soot all over his hand.
"Very long story," I shrugged, turning my voice quiet, "So what are you doing here?"
"I wanna talk to you...like," Steven said, "Uh...alone."
This time, Raihan and Clair did the "ooooooh" and I rolled my eyes. What pushed me to even know these people? I know: Iris.
When me and Raihan finally got clean, I went my own way with Steven while the other guys walked off to do some stuff.
"Hey, come sit down," he told me, patting the grass next to him.
I sat and watched Skarmory and Emolga argue over...I have no idea, but it looked like a minor detail right now. Steven put his hand on mine and I stared off for a while.
"I wanted to talk to you about something..." he began after a pause, "I think it will surprise you a bit..."
"You know, I've been through a lot. Nothing surprises me anymore," I laughed.
"Yeah right, yell out my name when I show up. No surprise at all," he kissed my cheek and I let him wrap an arm around me.
"I didn't know you were coming," I reasoned.
"Yeah because that's how surprises are supposed to GO!"
We burst out laughing and I put my head on his shoulder. The sun sank a little lower and I felt really relieved that he was here by my side and that he was here with me.
"So, what's that thing you wanted to tell me?" I asked.
"It's just that...we've been through tons together, am I correct? We fought side by side and both of us can Mega Evolve our Pokémon. The two of us have a lot in common and I was wondering—" Steven said slowly.
"Where are you going with this, Professor Smarts?" I asked, punching him.
He put a hand on the fist that punched him and he looked at me seriously, getting me to stop. Okay, by that look, I can tell he's talking big stuff.
"Okay, okay. I'm sorry," I told him, raising my hands up in surrender, "You were saying-?"
"I was saying that maybe we should take it a bit further. You know? See where the road takes us."
I paused, looking down. When the realization hit me, my jaw dropped open but I closed it again before he noticed. Steven just asked. He asked something I am never going to forget. But I didn't need to forget it. Because a smile formed on my face and I nodded.
"Okay," I said happily, "Let's go see what we might do next together."
I smashed my lips on his and he kissed me back.
******
Everyone brace yourselves! What do you think Steven asked Amy? Guess you have to figure it out in the next chapter! For now, try and guess. Write comments, don't be a stranger!
For now, we're going to thank everyone who was with us this far. Thanks guys!