Welcome Back To Unova (Finally)

And so, Unova. It seemed like forever since the last time I've been there. I recognized routes and forests me, Iris and Cilan took when we were first out on adventure, growing up side by side almost like siblings.
Emolga and Haxorus were somewhere back there with Pansage, having a talk. Cilan focused on getting stronger but for some reason Pansage didn't evolve yet.
I think he put an ever stone on him.
Anyways. I didn't see anyone at all. Not a single person or a Gym Leader. That was a bit weird and I almost felt broken hearted. Emolga gave me sincere shoulder patting and I smiled at her.
We walked through the road and I spotted the top of the abandoned mansion we got stuck at. That happened when we were eleven maybe. It was pretty thrashy outside so we thought we could sit at the doorstep and wait for someone to get us. Or in that case notice us. Iris couldn't wait any longer and kicked the doors open only to find out this place was abandoned.
We weren't the only ones in there though. A Lampent and couple of Litwick lived in that place and at first, I thought they were cute but then, Rotom told me that they were life sucking freaks. Even after that, I had a rule to catch all Pokémon in Unova and when a Lampent attacked us, I caught it.
Even though it tried to kill us, it's still a faithful partner. I keep it at Professor Juniper so she'd keep an eye on him. I bet he evolved by now. Him and Samurott grew to be great friends and I wanted to see them again. Staraptor was also a great feathery friend.
"Man, I remember the time when we got trapped in that Mansion," Iris shuddered.
"Remember when Litwick tried to kill us?" Cilan asked.
"Remember when I caught Lampent like a doofus?" I smirked.
We all laughed and headed to Professor Juniper's lab. The first time I ever came here was when I was a little kid with dad. Like, a super, super little kid. I was five probably. That was when me and Emolga first met. She didn't like me and she could have hurt me but thinking I'm five and I'm an innocent girl, she didn't.
Emolga and I never got to be friends before the day I finally became a trainer. The day Professor Juniper gave me Emolga and Oshawott as a Birthday present. Up till now, I still remember all the goofy stuff we did before I met Cilan and Iris.
I reached out and knocked on the door. No answer. Weird too because usually, I hear Professor Juniper coming to the door and occasionally tripping over books.
I heard nothing though. The door levitated open and Chandelure stood there, glaring at us. Since he had no mouth, no expression or proper eyes in that case, it looked like he was just staring at us. Truth is, he was smiling and I had a feeling he was happy to see me again.
"Hi Chandelure..." I put a hand on his glassy head and he closed his eyes, making me remove my hand, "Okay, none of that."
He would try to burn me as a practical joke. A very painful joke. I looked over him and the lab was dark and nobody was in there. Maybe the Professor went to find some new Starter Pokémon...
All my Pokémon were asleep in the backyard and I knew Chandelure was the only one awake since he thought of it as: night time, dark places? The house is mine to take over.
I memorized the way he thinks.
I sighed heavily and Cilan put his hand on my shoulder.
"Hey, maybe we should see your mom first," he suggested gently.
"Yeah today isn't our lucky day with people is it?" Iris giggled, a little sad in the eyes but she grabbed my arm and dragged me halfway across the road to my house.
If mom wasn't home, something was wrong. I knocked and Emolga looked at me like if they aren't home, I'll make sure I zap them later on. I patted her head and slid my headphones down. No answer.
Cilan and Iris looked at each other quizzically and I opened the door myself. It swung open and I looked around. Why? Why isn't anyone home? Everything was dark and all the lights are off.
What the heck? This place was dark enough for a hundred Ghost Types to come sneaking in. I peered through the living room. Nobody here.
"Urgh! WHY ISN'T ANYONE WHERE THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO BE?!" Iris groaned.
"I'm starting to really get wired up," Cilan said, fiddling with his Bow Tie like he does when he's nervous.
"Hello?" I called in the kitchen.
Suddenly, the lights flipped open and all my friends hopped out from behind the furniture. It was so sudden, I almost got a heart attack. A heart attack of joy.
"SURPRISE!" Everyone shouted, "WELCOME HOME IN UNOVA GUYS!"
The Professor hugged me and I squeezed her back. Ya know? I never felt home sick. Because I missed these people so much, Iris and Cilan would always remind me that wherever I go, Unova goes with me. It always cured my homesickness somehow.
Mom and surprisingly dad too walked up to me and threw their arms around me. I remember last seeing dad when I took a trip to Sinnoh. He was really glad I made it out all the way there to him.
Clay and Skyla literally pushed Iris back to the wall with hugs, Cilan's brothers put his arms around them and they laughed at his face of surprise.
Elesa and Brycen aren't the types that give big hugs but they did pat me on the shoulder. That was the farthest they could go, and I was happy about that.
"How're the other regions? What did you do?" Mom asked.
"It is a very, very, very and I mean VERY long story," I shrugged, "But we'll tell you all about it...once I did the things I promised you guys."
Skyla punched a fist in the air and Elesa sighed with relief (bet Zebstrika is losing his mind) and the three bros yelled out in victory.
It's good to be back home.