Into Hoenn Again

Kukui drew a breath. He stood there with Lillie and Hau waiting for us to come at the airport. Whoops, I forgot to mention how the morning went! Well, the usual. Cilan coming up the stairs to wake us up, Swampert jetting him down the stairs. The casual everyday stuff.
"OKAY EVERYONE WAKE UP! WAKE UP! TODAY IS THE DAY WE FINALLY GO HOME AND SEE OUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY! LET'S GO! BUTTS OFF THE BED AND—WAAAAH!" Cilan yelped and slid down the stairs as Swampert lazily yawned out a waterfall and sent him away.
"Hate to admit it, he's right. We can't miss the flight today," Steven whispered, slowly getting up.
Emolga poked me and I slipped my hand into Steven's. I was going to let go of him today but not all that easy.
"Don't worry. I'll always think of you," he smiled and kissed me, making me smile and kiss back.
"HEY YOU TWO UP THERE! LET'S GO WE HAVE A LONG DAY AHEAD OF US!" Kukui yelled.
I put my arms around Steven and he hugged me back, parting away. We went down the stairs and I let Emolga wake all my Pokémon up with a zap or two and I gulped down my cereal. Cilan had a bruise but he was used to getting hit so I don't think he minded.
I said goodbye to my Alolan Pokémon and Kukui put them back in their Pokéballs. Professor Burnet returned from Johto that afternoon and Kukui was extremely happy. Steven introduced himself and so did Cilan and we had a lot of talking before going back to work.
Iris and me were an awful lot smiley today.
The moment we step foot in Unova, we'll go see everyone we missed out on. First was Brycen the Ice Mask who we promised to see earlier on the Rotom Phone. Then it was Clay who was out to take us on a Cowboy like adventure. Finally it was Cilan's crazy siblings who wanted me and Iris to help them open up a restaurant.
And mom. I missed my mom so much.
Elesa and I were going to fix her router which literally broke and sparked, cutting her WiFi off. And Zebstrika goes crazy without that router buzzing. Skyla was going to go flying high with Swanna and somehow, we were going with her. Gee so many people I haven't seen yet.
Kukui shoved the Unovian Trio into the bathroom so we'd fix our crazy hair and get dressed for the airport. I was taking a stop at Hoenn so Steven and Wally would take their stop there. Steven put on his old style again and to be honest, I'm glad to see him in his suit once more.
Kukui and Burnet helped Cilan say goodbye to his Brionne and Steven put Rowlet in Professor Kukui's care.
"Make sure Rowlet gets tons of sleep before making it go in a battle or on an adventure," Steven said.
"Don't worry, Rowlet is going to be a great partner to Amy's Pokémon," he nodded at Rowlet who was pecking at Lycanroc's fur with affection, "And Kartana? I'll make sure it doesn't put up a fight with anyone."
I walked with my friends to the airport and oh boy, the big three were waiting for us at the plane. The Professor gave me a big hug and I hugged him back. Hau and Lillie smiled.
"Hey Amy, I'll miss you guys a lot," Hau admitted, hugging me.
"I'll miss you too Hau," I laughed and hugged him back.
"Oh Amy, Nebby is so happy right now but he doesn't have time to say goodbye," Lillie whimpered and hugged me.
"Take care of your mom and make sure she doesn't go on a side quest to the Ultra Space anytime soon okay?" I asked.
"Okay!" She agreed, "And Steven...I—"
Lillie didn't know what to say to Steven. I just remembered that he doesn't know up to this day that Lillie had an enormous crush on him ever since day one.
"Don't worry Lillie, if I'm free, maybe I'll come back and see you again," Steven smiled.
"No it's just that...I've had a few feelings for you ever since Nebby," she murmured almost silently.
Steven blushed a little and shoved his hands in his pockets, speechless. I laughed and put my arms around them both.
"I'm sure he understands," I shrugged and gave him a mischievous look, "Right?"
He nodded and gave Lillie a grateful look like thanks for telling me.
I grabbed my friends and dragged them to the plane. And that is were we take a stop at Petalburg. Steven and Wally burst out the door of the airport and sucked in a breath, proud to be home again. Wally's Uncle was waiting and so was Norman.
When he saw his Nephew, Wally's Uncle sighed and laughed with relief, spreading his arms so he'd come to him.
"I DID IT UNCLE! WE DID IT! TEAM AQUA IS FINALLY GONE!" Wally cried happily, his Gallade smiling.
"I know you did. And Amy," Norman said, "Thanks for believing in him."
"He believed in himself," I shrugged.
And now, step two: Wallace's Situation. We arrived at Sootopolis with Brendan and Professor Birch.
"Remind me again, why do I have to deal with that guy?" Steven whispered.
"Chill dude, I'll be there," I smiled, punching him.
Steven smiled back and before he even entered the Gym, out came Wallace with his arms spread and his Milotic behind him.
"STEVIE BOY!" He grinned.
"Ah shoot, here we go," Steven rolled his eyes, "Hey Wallace..."
Wallace hugged Steven so hard, he literally lifted him off his feet. I know Drake hugs people hard but I never knew Wallace is going to be a match to him. Steven's face turned blue as his oxygen went down a bit.
"I'M CHOKING! WALLACE...I'M...CHO...KING!" Steven breathed.
"Whoops," Wallace dropped him after five whole minutes and Steven let out convulsive breaths, "I'M SO GLAD YOU'RE HERE! AW I MISSED THAT SILVER HAIR!"
Wallace ruffled Steven's hair and I almost heard him groan. I've dealt with Wallace before so I knew how he acts around people but this is just priceless.
"My hair is Steel Blue not silver," Steven punched Wallace and smiled, "Gotta admit, I missed you too."
"So, Champion Title back to you?" He asked, a little bit of sadness in his eyes.
"Yeah, sort of but hey, if I ever go out on a trip, maybe you can have it back for a while—"
Okay, that set something off. Wallace threw a party and Brendan rolled his eyes. Yeah, he's the man.
"Now, the real reason we're here," Steven said, clearing his throat so that Wallace would stop, "Amy, the next plane to Unova is leaving in a few minutes."
Me and Cilan looked at each other and Iris patted my shoulder. I smiled at Wally and gave him a big hug.
"Oh Wally...I'm so proud of you!" I said in his hug, "Continue growing stronger and someday, you'll be the greatest trainer."
"Thanks Amy. Maybe someday we can battle and I can win!" Wally told me happily.
"Yeah!" I high fived him and turned to Brendan, "You'll be in my heart somewhere too ya know."
I hugged Brendan and he smiled, hugging me back. I breathed slowly and turned to Wallace. Oh God, he'll make this rough. He spread his arms and before I can change my mind and do him last, he trapped me in a big, big hug that barely choked me to death.
"Aw I'll miss you and your Emolga, World Champ!" He told me in a whiney voice.
"Me...too!" I choked.
I finally broke out of the hug and went to Professor Birch. He put his hand on my head and I gave him a grin.
"Try not to get killed out there," he said.
"Not an option in my world," I smirked and gave him a hug.
Then, Steven. This was going to be a tough goodbye. Cilan and Iris looked at me sadly and I gave them a sad nod. Here it goes. Steven didn't meet my eyes but he did bring me close to him so I'd hug.
"Oh Steven..." I said softly.
"I know how you feel, believe me," he said just as quiet so nobody would hear us, "I remember the first time I met you in that cave. You were about my age by then. You gave me a letter from my dad and I knew anyone who would even dare to come down here just to hand me a piece of paper has guts.
"A few years after you beat me, I hear the World Champion is back in Hoenn and I had a hunch it might be you. And it really was. I've always admired you and Emolga. Your inseparable bond with your Pokémon helped you beat every battle. And in return, you helped people as well. You helped Wally. You helped Brendan. You helped...me."
I was near tears now. After all those years of training and hiding away in stealth mode from Evil Teams, our voices were just loud enough to be pitched between us and not anyone else.
"So I want you to go out there and continue winning for me. Keep in mind I won't be gone forever, I can still see you again," he told me gently.
"I'm going to miss you the most. Out of everyone, you're the one that matters," I whimpered.
"Shhh, it's fine, I've got you," he said, "Now go catch that flight Champion and don't come back until you did something that will make me proud of you more than I already am."
"Will do," I laughed and let go of him after forever.
Cilan and Iris wrapped their arms around my shoulders, Emolga flew on my shoulder which pushed me to react by wrapping my arms around them too. I grinned at them and they smiled back.
"Anything you wanna do before we go? See someplace?" Iris asked me.
"Come to think of it, yeah," I nodded and split from them, "STEVEN! I FORGOT SOMETHING TO TELL YOU!"
He looked back and I ran as fast as possible to him. Before anyone can ask me what was wrong, I threw my arms around Steven's back and gave him a kiss on the lips long enough to leave him stunned. Wallace's mouth dangled open, Wally smirked and Professor Birch supported Brendan from falling off balance.
I bet Wallace would have also fainted. I parted away from him and waved a last goodbye before following Cilan and Iris. I had a feeling and I hope I was right.