Kartana Goes Slice, Slice, Slice!

After Steven's brawl with the Kangaskhan and Ultra Power-boosted Eevee, it was all over with a mad win. Metagross used Psychic a hundred times which I have to admit was both weird but helpful.
I mean, redirecting the moves back is genius isn't it? Steven's pulse was beating in his wrist hard against my hand and I can tell he was tense after this battle.
Ilima didn't mind losing and kept going on about how fast Metagross was when he used Agility (again with the gender thing, just pretend Metagross has one). We came back to Kukui's house and said goodbye to Hau, Ilima and Lillie. After all that, I wanted to sit down and calm down my adrenaline a little.
"Hey guys! You were awesome on the TV, especially you Cilan! The way you pulled off that Z Move was crazy strong," Kukui laughed when we entered.
"So what's for lunch?" Iris asked, sitting down on a chair.
Before Kukui can answer the chair fell apart like it was made of rubber and Iris blinked and looked at us then at the broken chair.
"Um...okay that is weird," Cilan said, "Yesterday that thing was fine."
"I'll go get my tool box and we'll fix it," Kukui sighed and he was about to go up the stairs if Steven didn't stop him.
"Hold on," Steven said.
His Rowlet gently pecked the first step with its beak and as easy as that, the whole staircase broke apart. Kukui backpedalled into me and we looked at each other.
We need to check out other places in case this is something serious.
"Grab your Beast Balls," Kukui told us seriously, "This might be the work of a familiar Ultra Beast."
Steven nodded and each of us took one Beast Ball. I knew that Ultra Beast really well and it was not pretty. We had a situation with it and Iris ended up going back with a missing sleeve.
Don't worry, her arm was fine.
"Okay," Kukui began, "Me and Amy will search around the area of the house, Steven will go to Mahalo Trail, Cilan will go to Iki Town and Iris will watch over the outskirts of the forest. Everyone clear on what to do?"
"Right," we agreed, splitting up.
Kukui was inside and I was outside. So this was going to be either easy search or very hard. Throwing all my Pokéballs in the air, I released Sceptile, Swampert, Houndoom and Zeraora.
"Okay Zeraora, we're looking for a maybe-an-Ultra Beast around here," I started, "I want you to stick with me and tell if there are any wormholes nearby. Swampert will go look in the Water and Sceptile is going to watch over these parts of the forests over there."
They all grunted and hissed like a roger that, captain sort of way and headed out. Emolga sniffed and Sylveon looked around, waiting to see if there are any Ultra Wormholes around.
"YOW!"
I whirled around and slammed my foot against the front door, racing down towards Kukui's basement.
"Professor?! What's wrong—oh..."
The shelves fell on him and I muffled a giggle then went over to help him out of the pile.
"Everything here is just falling apart! What's going on?!" Kukui groaned.
"I dunno but we need to find out what it is so we'd be a little more cautious," I looked around nervously, "Who knows if it cut down the entire house or not..."
"ZERA ORA! ZERA!"
Me and Kukui shared a glance and headed out. There was an Ultra Wormhole opened wide just beyond the boulders near the shore. And it was so small, you can barely fit a basket ball in there.
And an Ultra Wormhole this small calls for a Pokémon that small. An Ultra Beast that small.
I freaking knew it!
"Kartana," me and Kukui said at the same time.
Kartana is a Grass/Steel type and it's hobby is cutting things apart no matter what they are or how thick they are. It's so powerful, it can slice right through one of Clemont's inventions without breaking a sweat.
Of course this calls for a major taking care of the situation. I called up Lillie and told her to tell her mother what we found and what came out of it.
"Oh my God! Are you okay? Did it get to you?!" Lillie yelped on the phone, "Did someone lose a limb yet?!"
"Shhh, Lillie it's fine! We're not hurt but if we let Kartana stay in this world for more than an hour, Melemele Island will be sliced apart!" I said urgently.
"Right! I'll tell mother and you guys meet me at Aether Paradise," she confirmed.
"Kay, be right there," I said, "She told me to meet her at Aether Paradise and bring the rest."
"Let's go," Kukui said.
I grabbed a vest and put it on just in case. Kartana was going to tear through the Alola unless we do something about it. If we catch it and bring it back to its dimension safe, everything will be fine. If we aren't fast enough to catch it, you can say goodbye to Melemele forever.
*****
Meanwhile, Kartana zipped around the forest, looking for more things to cut down. Lately, it found out that Amy, the Alola League's Champion, came back. Kartana dealt with her before and honestly, it wanted to deal with her again.
Battling her Emolga was crazy fun. Especially the part when Emolga safely gets out of the battle without a scratch—well, not exactly but you know, a major kind of scratch.
Kartana's blades whirled around, keeping it in the air and it floated down on something. Something moving. Something alive.
A Stufful shook its head and looked at its back where Kartana was sitting. It didn't know what it was but that thing sure had a parent and it was not happy seeing Kartana on its child's back.
"Be?" A Bewear stomped out of the trees and took a good look at Kartana before raising a fist, ready to whack it off.
Bewear is smart. Probably the smartest parent like Pokémon next to a Kangaskhan. Kartana was smarter though.
It got into the Bewear's face and it's blades whirled around so intensely it made a swish, swish, swish, swish kind of noise through the air. Of course, knowing what the blade is, the Bewear freaked out and snatched up Stufful, hobbling away.
Idiots. "Karta-Kartana."
Kartana rolled its eyes (or whatever eyes it does have).
"I don't think we'll find it here Togedemaru..." a voice said near the path.
That voice...
Kartana steadily floated into a tree branch and squinted. A silver haired man walked alongside his Togedemaru with a semi open backpack with a Rowlet sleeping inside.
"Whoa..." Kartana thought you itself silently, "That voice..."
Kartana saw Steven before. It knew who he was and saw how he battled. The only reason it sliced down the professor's house was to make him notice.
It wanted him. It needed him. His love for steel types amazed it somehow.
If he had friends, Kartana won't attack them, just to show Steven that it's loyal to him. Kartana immediately decided: it wanted to be on Steven's team. Right here, right now.
And the only way to do that is...
"Karta-Kartana!" It's robotic voice rasped as it landed infront of the Togedemaru.
"TOGE MARU!" Togedemaru squeaked and leapt into Steven's arm, stumbling back.
Rowlet gave a horrified "ROOOOO!" and zipped out of the backpack before Steven fell. It glided onto his head and slammed its beak on his forehead like don't you know what 'do not disturb' means?!
"Ow!" He complained, "What is that thing?!"
Hey! I know you! You're silver man! You're that guy with the Metagross! "Kar-Kartana-ta! Kartana!"
Kartana knew he couldn't understand it. It knew he was freaking out. It knew he feared the blades on its body.
"Who's that Pokémon?" Steven said, taking out his Rotom Phone.
"Kartana, a Grass and Steel Type Pokémon living in Alola. It is known as the Drawn Sword Pokémon. Kartana is an Ultra Beast also known by the Code Name UB-04 Blade," Rotom said.
"Wait a second...you're that Pokémon that kept slicing through the Island! You're an Ultra Beast!" He gasped.
Rowlet kept hooting and jumping and Togedemaru shuddered at the sight of its Blades.
I wanna come with you! I bet I'm even better than that Metagross! Please! "Kar-tana! Karta Kartana!"
"I'm sorry but I don't know what you mean or what you want," Steven said, "I definitely don't want you to stay here either. Let's get you back to the Ultra Space."
He raised a Beast Ball and Kartana felt disappointed. It wanted to be on his team but knowing Steven was only going to bring it back to its nasty home, it whirled it's blades and the Beast Ball rebounded right into Steven's face.
"Oof!" He groaned, rubbing his nose, "What? Don't you wanna go home?"
First you gotta give me a good chase! "Karta! Na Karta! Kartana!"