10. black lungs

Zacznij od początku

"DEREK!" I screeched, jumping off of the edge.

"Blaise!" Scott yelled behind me, but I was already plunging down, trying to fly at a velocity faster than the boys fell.

But I was too late.

I was only halfway to the bottom when Ennis and Derek hit the escalator below. "NO!" I screamed, tears burning at the edge of my vision. The Alpha I was supposed to protect was now dead because of me.

I could have been here earlier and killed Ennis myself. Hell, I could have killed Deucalion when I stood with him earlier. But I've allowed feelings to get in the way; I've allowed myself to care for people who I shouldn't care for anymore.

Now the only Alpha I should care about is dead.

And all I could do was scream.

↣ ↣ ↣

"I might throw up on you just to make a point, Jarrod!"

Coach's booming voice made me open my eyes again. I was extremely tired, but at least when I was awake I was out of my miserable thoughts.

"Now, the rest of you," Coach Finstock continued, turning towards the rest of the group. "Don't think just because of a slight traffic jam or a minor tornado warning or...Jarrod, will make us miss this meet. Nothing is going to stop us!" He frowned in my direction. "Stilinski, put your hand down."

"You know, there's like a food exit about a half a mile up," Stiles said from behind me. "You know, we could stop and maybe we-"

Coach shook his head vigorously. "We aren't going to stop."

"Okay. But if we stop-"

"Stilinski!" Coach yelled, blowing his whistle so hard it made the veins in his neck pop out. "SHUT IT! Seriously, it's a little bus! Stop asking me questions!"

Stiles slumped back in his seat, shaking his head. "I hate him." He turned to Scott. "Did you call Deaton?"

The werewolf leaned his head against the window. "It keeps going to voicemail."

"That's it. I'm calling Lydia and Allison." Stiles dug out his phone from his pocket.

"How are they going to help all the way from Beacon Hills?"

"They've been following us the whole way here, Scott," I said. "I've been watching Allison's blue Mazda since we left on this stupid bus."

Stiles nodded at me and put the phone to his ear. "I know you guys are right behind us, Lydia. Put me on speaker," he demanded.

I stopped listening to the conversation and leaned my head against the window. The pain in my chest was moving to my lungs, and it was getting harder to breathe. I decided to rest while Stiles tried to figure out what was wrong with Scott.

And me.

↣ ↣ ↣

"Blaise. Blaise, you have to come up here. Please."

The voice was Scott's, and it was the only one that could reach me as I levitated over the dead Alphas. My wings were getting tired of working for such a long period, but it was almost if I couldn't move at all.

"Blaise, please," Scott said again.

I closed my eyes and turned away from the scene, making my way back up to the Penthouse floor. The Alpha pack had left already, which was kind of funny because this was their damn house.

When my feet felt the floor, my knees gave out and I slumped against Scott. The teenager wrapped his arms around me and squeezed as my tears fell on his sleeve.