Chapter 6

I awoke to the chirping of birds. Looking to the window, I could see the gray sky as the sun was slowly rising for a new day. I sat up in bed stiffly. A little weight was put upon my waist. I already knew it was Sesshomaru's arm. Yawning, I carefully took off his arm and stretched as I got to my feet. It wasn't going to be six for another half an hour, so I decided to let him sleep. Groggily, I walked down the hallway towards the sinks. To my surprise, Rin was already there brushing his teeth.
     "Morning Rin." I whispered in his ear and wrapped my arms around his waist. He slightly flinched from this sudden approach. I chuckled and buried my face into the crook of his neck, inhaling his ginger and cinnamon scent. He smelled exactly like a freshly baked gingerbread. He stopped brushing his teeth for a moment to look at me. He smiled a bit and mumbled a good morning. I chuckled, kissed his cheek before starting to brush my own teeth. Faintly I could hear footsteps come from the stairs behind us, it distinctly sounded like Polkabrow's.
     "Morning." Polkabrow called from the steps. Rin and I slightly turning.
     "Hey, good morning." We both said with our mouth's full of toothpaste. Rin was about to finish brushing when Polkabrow came over to his side.
     "Listen," she warned "don't you dare tell anyone I was crying. Not a soul, understand."
    "Who me? Why would I do that?" Rin questioned while I slowly continued to brush.
     "Just promise to keep your mouth shut okay!" She shouted, probably waking up my boys. I cringed when I thought about their faces. Since they have gotten used to the late sleeping hours, they were not exactly morning people.
     "I'm not gonna tell anyone so chill out." Rin stated before continuing to gargle. I finished up brushing a bit ago and I was waiting on them.
     "Here." She looked away blushing, holding out his shirt. Startled by the action, Rin accidentally swallowed the water he was gargling with. "Thanks a lot." Rin quietly took the shirt from her hands and she faced away from him. "If you hadn't shown up, who knows what would happen to Paku and me. So anyways thank you for doing that."
      I had to admit that she was getting brownie points for actually swallowing her pride to thank someone. But sadly her thanks went to deaf ears, Rin was currently checking out his shirt.
     "Ah sweet, you washed it for me." Rin said with glee. Polkabrow's eyes widened with confusion before she looked over to Rin. "Oh man, I was so wrong about you. You rock, you know that."
     "Wrong," she exclaimed "I only washed it cuz it was stinky." She turned her head in a different direction. I could see Rin's ego take a huge hit, making me chuckle. She was trying her best not to be embarrassed.
     "Seriously, was it really stinky?" He pouted.
     "Good morning." Yukio called out, making us look in his direction.
     "Mr. Okumura." Polkabrow greeted.
     "Morning Yukio. What's up?" I yawned.
     "I'm going to do a check up on Paku. Kagome, is it possible to heal her?" Yukio asked. I nodded, pushing away from the wall I was currently leaning on. I silently followed Yukio with Rin and Polkabrow behind me. Yukio lightly wrapped on the door for permission to enter. I heard a come in but probably to everyone else it was a mumble. We all entered and Paku gave us a big smile.
      Yukio quickly did a check up, her vital signs and everything within normal. It was just a fever she had. When Yukio was finished, he looked to me. I nodded and walked up to her.
     "I'm going to heal you now. If you feel any discomfort, please let me know." I told Paku, who simply nodded.
     I sat down next to her, placed my hands over her and pushed my reiki up into my hands. When enough covered my hands, I hovered my hands over her and slowly guided them over her body. From what I could see she was healing nicely from the acid. She still had a slight bump on her head and a lot of demonic miasma was circulating through her system. I first focused on the miasma, purifying it and then worked on the rest of her. With the miasma cleared from her body, her fever went away. Within minutes, she was fully recovered. Taking a deep breath, I lowered my hands and released my reiki. I looked to Yukio. Rin and him were amazed while Polkabrow looked down in the dumps. She was probably blaming herself for not helping her friend when she really needed it.
     "She's fully recovered but I would suggest some rest. Her body just went through hell. Though I can heal, I haven't fully been able to heal her fatigue." I explained.
     "Perfect." Yukio smiled. "You rest up." Yuiko ordered while he packed up his bag.
     "Thanks for everything Mr. Okumura, Kagome."
     "Take it easy now." Rin and I smiled.
     "Yeah I will. Thanks a lot Rin." Paku smiled once more before we all left the room. The sun was shining brightly through the windows now. Knowing Sesshomaru and Shippo, they were probably still asleep.
     "So did you find anything about that thing that attacked us?" Rin asked his brother.
     "I know it was a mid level class of Naberius demon. I'm still figuring out how it got in though."
     "Wait, you said that the academy had all these spells and charms that kept demons out."
     "Wow, you remembered." Yukio smirked, glanced over to his brother teasing. "That's impressive."
     "Come on, stop messing around." Rin growled.
     "You're right about the spells. But sometimes that kind of demon slips through. It's important to keep our guard up from now on." Yukio warned.
     "I don't know if you guys noticed but that was a summoned demon. A familiar." I informed.
     "How did you figure that out?" The twins asked.
     "The magic and aura around him was similar to that of a familiar. The demonic aura around the familiar was suppressed, in other words, tamed."
     "Then there is someone amongst us that is a tratior." Yukio growled.
     "It would seem so." I yawned. "Well, I'll see you two later. I have to go get two lazy canines out of bed."
     I stretched once more before going towards my room again. I heard a hiss of pain when I was leaving.
     "Rin behave. She is a lady." Yukio whispered yelled at his brother.
     "Yes a lady with a fine ass." His voice had a wolfish grin to it. "And she's all mine."
     Blushing like crazy, I walked into the room to wake up Sesshomaru. After waking the two sleepy heads, I changed into some comfortable clothes before I went to the kitchen. Since there was a lot of people here in the dorm, I might as well help Ukobach with the meals. Ukobach welcomed me with a smile which I smiled in return. I quickly pulled back my hair, washed my hands and then tied on an apron. I started chopping up the vegetables, humming a favorite tune from my dimension. But as I continued to hum, it reminded me of my little girl back at home. I worried on how she was doing.
     Was she alright? Was she getting enough rest? Enough food? Was Jaken actually watching out for her? So many questions went through my mind and I didn't have any answers for them. I might have to summon up Jaken again to see if he could take her to Kaede. At least she would be safe there than, traveling in the woods.
     After a good half an hour, all the meals were done and waiting for everyone to dig in. Thanking Ukobach, I went to gather everyone for breakfast.