Chapter 2

*Saturday morning*

     Sparks flew everywhere when swords slid across each other. I pushed hard against Inuyasha's blade. Totosai's sword was holding up well against the brash Inu. We broke apart and collided once more, this time I had more effort into the push against him. He stumbled back and I immediately took this opportunity. I ran quickly, using reiki in my steps to match his demonic speed since I didn't know how to use Yokai yet. I went to punch his side but he quickly dodged my efforts, swinging his sword. I jumped into the air, my reiki allowing me to jump like him. I gracefully landed upon the blade of his sword and ran at him. I finally landed a blow to his face, sending him flying backwards. He twisted his body in the air before he landed on his feet. He slid back a couple of feet and planted his sword into the ground to get him to a stop. I landed perfectly on my feet but it didn't last long before Koga and Kenji came at me. I sheathed my sword as I avoided their punches. Earth pieces scattered everywhere when Koga's punches penetrated the ground. As Koga's punch missed, Kenji came from behind and attacked. I leaned forward as I did a front flip, colliding my foot into his chin. As I landed back on my feet, I immediately had to do a back flip to avoid another one of Koga's punches.
     Kenji's presence came beside me. I brought my arm up in time to block his advance but it was not enough. I was casted aside, rolling across the ground. I panted as I stared up at the blue sky. Shippo leaned over me with a sly smile.
     "Don't you think you had enough?"
     "I don't want to get rusty." I chuckled.
     "Bullshit! You just don't want Sesshomaru to find out that you have been slacking in your training." Shippo teased as he held out his hand. I rolled my eyes as I clasped his hand. He effortlessly lifted me off the ground. I stuck my tongue at him as I looked to the three that were helping me train.
     "Okay guys. Time to return." I yawned as I pulled out my summoning talismans. "I'll see you guys later and I'll let you travel a bit more this time."
     "Keh. Whatever." Inuyasha huffed as he placed his sword back into the sheath. Koga and Kenji both nodded as they prepared to go back. Once I knew all three were ready, I ripped the talismans, making them disappear. Sighing, I stretched as I walked back into the dorm. Heading back to my room, I grabbed a set of clothes and made my way to the bathrooms.
     After taking a quick shower, I ate some food Ukobach put out for me. My mouth began to drool as I sat down before it. I thanked him for the meal and dug in. I felt like I was in heaven with every bite. Before I even knew it, it was all gone. With a slight frown, I got up and walked over to the bar window. Gently placing the tray down with the others, I peeked into the window.
     "Thank you for the meal Ukobach, it was delicious. Did you want me to cook something for you next time?" I asked as the familiar jumped into the ledge to grab the dishes. He thought about it before giving a nod. I held out my hand and he shook it. "It's a deal then." I smiled as I looked at the trays. "Here, I'll help with the dishes. We make dirty dishes, we should help."
     I grabbed the dishes that he couldn't get and walked into the kitchen to place the dishes in the sink. Quietly humming, I started to clean the dishes along side Ukobach, who had a slight blush upon his cheeks.
     "So, what did you have in mind for your treat?"
     'Cookies'
     "Cookies? Anything else?"
     'No.' Ukobach shook his head. 'I haven't had a cookie in a while.'
     "Okay. Is chocolate chip okay?" I asked as I put the last of the dishes on the strainer while Ukobach cleaned the counters and outside tables.
     'That's fine.'
     "Alright then. I'll do that later. I need to gather some herbs okay."
     'Okay Kagome. I'll see you later.'
     "See you later Ukobach." I smiled and waved bye to him. I brought my clothes back to the room, threw them in the hamper before I went to brush my teeth. Once done, I came back to my room. I stared at the key that was upon my desk. Mephisto gave it to me a while ago along with the key to go to the academy. I grabbed the key and looked over to Shippo. "I'm heading to get some herbs. I'll be back later on tonight, okay?"
     "Okay momma."
     "Make sure you finish your homework, then try to train." I asked Shippo as I out the key into the keyhole.
     "Okay momma." He waved goodbye as he leaned over his desk. When I saw the pen moving, I turned the key. I felt the familiar magic surround the door before I opened it. Removing the key as I opened the door, I walked through, closing it gently behind me. Wind blew my hair to the side as I walked across the walkway to the herbal shop. It was actually pretty weird that they had this all the way up here but I guess it needed to, so you didn't have wandering eyes. As I walked up the steps, I pushed open the door finding a woman sitting
behind a desk, smoking a pipe. She had her long brown hair tied behind her in a common bun. Her blue eyes followed me as I walked up to her. I smiled at her and gave a small bow.
      "Greeting shopkeeper. I am Kagome Taisho. It's a pleasure to meet you."
      "Nice to meet you too Kagome. How can I be of assistance?" She asked before taking a hit off her pipe.
      "I was wondering if you had these herbs in stock." I handed her the list I needed. She took it, reading over the list and nodded.
      "I sure do." She got to her feet and shuffled around the shop. She took out each of the herbs from a specific drawer. She did it so quickly, I didn't even realize that she finished and had it packed up for me. She read the amount I owed her. Nodding, I pulled out my wallet and handed the amount she needed. I was thankful. Sesshomaru put some gold into my bag for our travels. It came in handy in this dimension for the money I needed. As I picked up the herbs, I heard the door open to the shop. 
Looking behind me, I saw Yukio standing there. He stared at me wide eyed. I blushed and waved to him. "Oh hello Yukio, long time no see."
      "Yes, long time no see Kagome. I didn't know you had a key for here." Yukio looked at me with a glint in his eye.
     "Yeah Mephisto gave it to me when he found out I can heal."
     "I don't understand. Why do you need herbs when you can heal with your reiki?" Yukio's brows furrowed in confusion.
     "I do get drained every now and then. I like to be prepared for anything that happens just in case." I smiled at him as he walked up.
     "You are full of surprises." Yukio smirked.
     The same goes for you. I thought to myself. He didn't know it but his demonic energy and form laid dormant for now. It was going have to be a big event for it to surface. "Well I'll see you."
      "See ya." Yukio smiled. I gave a smile back as I walked out of the shop with the herbs. I walked down the stairs and hummed a little tune until I heard a familiar voice and then a woman's. My anger immediately flared as I thought about my past situation with Inuyasha before I got with Sesshomaru. My fist clench as I stormed up the second flight of stone steps.
     I won't let it happen a second time. I growled.
    As soon as I got to the gate, I noticed one of the doors off the hinges. My curiosity got the best of me as I immediately inspected the gate. For an untrained eye, you would see it as a gate but for my trained eye, I could see a spell that lingered on the gate. It seemed that there a barrier spell on the gate for protection from demons. Looking inside, I saw Rin talking to a blonde girl and helping her plant the flowers. As I figured, Rin broke the spell. Sighing, I walked in.
      "My, my. It's seems that your brother brought you with him today." I said to Rin, grabbing his attention. He flinched and looked to me. It took all my muster not to clobber the both of them.
      "Hi Kagome. I was just helping Shiemi plant some flowers." He admitted. I was going to snap at him when I also remembered a bit of information from his file that I over looked. He didn't have any friends growing up. When I thought about that, my anger immediately diminished.
     "Well that's nice of you." I smiled at him, then looked at the blonde girl. She was pretty, I have to admit. If we weren't mated, then I could definitely see Rin going out with her. Her blonde hair went to her shoulders and her innocent green eyes held curiosity. I chuckled at the girl. "The name's Kagome Taisho. Pleased to meet you. I hope we can become friends."
      "I'm Shiemi. Nice to meet you too Kagome. I hope we can become friends too." Shiemi blushed as she looked away. I smiled. Then my eyes noticed something. I immediately bent down to Shiemi and looked at her legs. From where I could see, they looked like deep roots. If I remembered correctly from the book of demons, I know exactly which this one was. I placed the herbs into my joey pocket of my shirt. "Shiemi is there something wrong with your legs." I asked looking her sternly in the eye.
      "Mmhm." She nodded. "Many doctors have came to see them and they said nothing is wrong."
     "Is it possible if I can take a closer look?"
     "I don't mind." She held out a leg to me. With care, I moved her kimono up some to reveal some of her leg. My guess was right on the mark. They were roots. I placed her leg back down and she automatically sat upon it again.
      "This is a temptate. You've been in contact with a dekalp." I explained to Shiemi. Before Shiemi or Rin could say anything, I heard another voice call. I looked to the direction. I saw Yukio and the shopkeeper standing on the steps that led from the shop to the garden.
      "Kagome?" Yukio stared at me wide eyed then focused onto Rin. "Rin?"
      They looked at Yukio, one out of love and one out of guilt. I take it Rin didn't listen to Yukio again.
      "I can't let you out of my sight for a second." Yukio scolded. Called it.  "What are you doing here?" He and the shopkeeper descended the stairs. Shiemi gasped.
      "What's up Yukio!" Rin smiled at his brother and raised his hand up in a greeting.
      "Yuki!" Shiemi exclaimed.
      "Uh, Yuki?" Rin looked from Shiemi and Yukio. "You know her?" Rin asked his brother as Yukio walked up.
     "Yes." He stopped before us. "Shiemi's mother runs the shop. I see her every time I come here." He looked to Shiemi. "How are you doing Shiemi?"
     She blushed. "Hello Yuki."
     "We're twins. He's the older one." Yukio told Shiemi, making Shiemi gasp in surprise.
     "But you seem more like his big brother." Shiemi stated innocently. Rin glared at her for a moment.
     "To tell you the truth, I am more mature than he is. Technically though, he is the older one." Yukio smiled.
     "Technically?" Rin shouted. "Whatever."
     "Shiemi." The shopkeeper spoke. "Come on. Let him have a look at your legs."
      "But mom! I told you that I haven't been infected." Shiemi protested.
      "It's just a precaution." Yukio bent down to her height. "If I don't find anything, you none the word off, right? Will you let me take a look?" Yukio asked Shiemi.
      She pondered for a moment before she nodded her head and moved her legs out from underneath her.
      "It's ok." He told her as he slowly moved her kimono up a bit, checking her lower leg like I just did. Yukio's brows furrowed with knowing and worry. "A root."
      "Huh?" Rin glanced at Yukio.
      "It's a temptate. A demon caused this." Yukio informed.
      "She's not possessed is she?" Her mother asked, worried.
      "No, she's definitely not possessed. The demon that did this isn't strong enough to possess a human." Yukio informed as he looked around the garden, eyeing everything suspiciously. "This looks like the work of a dekelp. A green man. Or an ent. They are low level demons that possess grass and trees. One of them reached through the soil and into Shiemi's legs, feeding off her soul. The demon is somewhere in this garden." Yukio looked sternly at Shiemi. "Shiemi usually a demon can find a way into persons soul through conversation. You've must of spoken with one." Shiemi looked taken back. "Do you remember doing that?"
      "No, I didn't. I never spoke with any demon." Shiemi said as she glanced away. Immediately I knew the truth, she had but knowing her innocence, the demon must of tricked her.
     "Shiemi!" Her mother roared as she came closer. "We have to get you out of this garden now. I know your grandmother loved it but this has gone far enough young lady. I won't let you risk your health over this cursed place."
      "This garden isn't cursed." Shiemi spat with anger, earning her a scowl from her mother. "This place was grandma's greatest treasure. I won't leave it momma. I hate you." Shiemi shouted before she passed out.
      "Shiemi!" Yukio and her mother went to her side while Rin and I could only watch with worry.
      "You were right Kagome!" Rin stared at Shiemi.
     "What are you talking about?" Yukio questioned.
     "Before you came, she already deducted what demon this was and this was a temptate." Rin explained. Yukio looked at me impressed.
      "I can purify it but it might hurt Shiemi. I need it to expose itself so I can kill it." I stated.
      Without thinking, I walked over to Shiemi amd picked her up bridal style. I looked down at her for a moment, then looked up at Shiemi's mother. Her mother nodded and led us to her sleeping quarters. Instead of going towards the shop, she went over to the store house. I furrowed my brows but I didn't say anything. I will know soon enough. When she opened the door to the store house, I noticed that this store house was somewhat turned into a home. Nodding my thanks, I walked in and gently laid her into her bed. Once covering her with a blanket, I walked over to the others that hovered not too far.
     "Even though she looks fine on the outside, the demon is draining her energy through her legs. If it isn't exercised soon, she will die." Yukio said as we all walked out so she could get proper rest. When we exited, I noticed that it was almost sunset.
     "Why is she sleeping out here in the store house?" Rin asked while Shiemi's mother closed the door.
     "Oh well, this is where her grandmother lived. After her grandmother died, she decided she wasn't going to leave the garden again and then she moved in." Shiemi's mother spoke as she walked away. We all followed her. "That's about the time she started having trouble with her legs. Just like her grandmother, her legs bothered her too."
      "The memories of her grandmother must weigh heavily on her mind." Yukio stated, making Shiemi's mother stop and look over her shoulder. "Forgive me for prying, but is that the reason why you and Shiemi haven't been getting along."
      She looked ahead and stayed quiet for a moment. "Yes, I suppose you can say that."
      She told everyone to come inside so she could explain. I got what I needed and graciously declined. I told them I would look for the demon. As they went inside, I stood on the steps, eyeing the garden. I could feel the demonic aura encasing the garden but with Rin's aura I couldn't pin point this demon. As it turned into night, I bit my nail with aggravation as I tried to figure out how to get the location of the demon. Now that Shiemi was my friend, she was someone I had to protect. With a flick of my hand, I sent my reiki out, getting a feel of the area. So far no such luck. It wasn't in the garden. Suddenly I heard the door to the store house open, revealing an exhausted Shiemi. She crawled across the ground to grab the watering can and started to water the flowers. I was about to intervene but Rin already appeared before her.
      "Hey! Doing some late night gardening?" Rin looked down at Shiemi. I could feel his anger and worry. "You know your mother is really worried about you."
      She looked shocked for a moment before it turned into a scowl. "I don't care. What does she know about anything? This is what I want. I don't care what anyone says. I will protect grandma's garden." With that, Rin picked up a flower pot and dropped it. "Hey! What are you doing?" She asked as he dropped another pot. "Stop it," she crawled over to him while he picked up another one "no stop. Please just stop." She cried as she grabbed ahold of his uniform.
      "Snap out of it already." Rin growled at Shiemi. She stopped and looked at him. "Why are you doing this to yourself?"
      "If I...if only came home earlier that day, then..." She paused, looking like she remembered something. "If I'd stayed and helped her with the arbor, then grandma wouldn't have died." She cried, tears pooled at the sides of her eyes. "It's my fault. She died because of me. That's why...that's why no matter what I have to protect her garden."
      Rin looked at her with wide eyes. If I remembered the details correctly on the report I got from Mephisto, Rin blames himself for Shiro's death. Now I understood what he's feeling right now. Shiemi sniffed as she cried a bit more, making Rin's face give off a determined look. He knelt down to her height and grabbed the front of her kimono. Yukio came out of the shop and listened on. He gestured for us to go up towards them. I nodded and followed along. We stopped a bit away from them.
       "Then stop making your mom worry about you, it's not right. What your doing isn't worth it!" Rin got into her face. "Come on, what happened to getting out in the world and finding the garden of Amahara. Did you forget about that?" Rin hissed, making Shiemi come to her senses. "What would your grandma say? Would she tell you not to go? Is that what she would say?"
      "Na-ah. She wouldn't." Shiemi said with tears coming forward. "She wouldn't say that." She sobbed into my mate's chest. "I'm such an idiot. I can't move my legs any more."
      "I got this. I'm gonna jump the hell out of that damn root." Rin promised.
      "Sorry to interrupt you," Yukio said as he pushed up his glasses. "It was just getting good."
      "Huh?" Rin said as him and Shiemi looked into our direction. Rin immediately let go of her and put his hands up in a surrendering position. "Uahh. When did you get here?" He yelled at Yukio. "It's not what it looks like." Rin turned to me.
      "Relax you supporting a friend." I smiled at him. He blushed and nodded.
      "This demon is a light weight. I can exercise it in no time. Don't worry Shiemi, your legs are going to work again." Yukio promised. "It's up to you though. You have to want this."
      "I do." Shiemi admitted. Suddenly, I felt demonic energy pool at Shiemi's feet. I snapped my fingers and immediately my bow and arrows appeared into my hands.
     "I won't allow it." A feminine voice echoed through the garden. "You're breaking your promise."
     "It's revealed itself." Yukio narrowed his eyes.
     "I won't let you." The feminine voice called. Shiemi immediately looked to her legs and then suddenly sprouted roots as she screamed. The sudden appearance of the roots reminded me of Naraku. My hands shook a bit as I briefly relived the moments I have gotten hurt by that bastard. A demonic laughter brought me out of my thoughts. I looked back at Shiemi and saw vines wrapped around her with a few flowers on her. Leaves behind her like a cloak. This demon was holding her like she was a shield. Rin was forced to come back near us.
      How low! No matter what dimension I'm in, bad demons are all the same. I hissed.
      "We are going to be together forever." The demon said, suddenly sprouting petals around Shiemi's head. Then it turned towards us. "You'll live in this garden till the day you die." It said as the two larger black dots on the petals opened and revealed eyeballs. I mentally cringed.
      "Damnit, you're not supposed to be blooming this last at night." Rin spat at the demon holding Shiemi.
      "Oh no! It's using her as a shield." Yukio cursed. "Hey Rin, I think I'm going to need your help with this thing."
     "Huh?" That statement caught Rin's attention.
     "You up for it?" Yukio asked.
     "I'm sorry could you say that again." Rin asked with a cocky smile on his face. I took it he didn't get to help his brother much.
     "I said I need your help." Yukio yelled at Rin.
     "Well since your my little brother and all," he said as he took of his sword bag from his shoulder. "You don't need to twist my arm." The bag fell from his sword, revealing it.
     Without saying anything, I readied my bow and aimed my arrow. Taking a deep breath, I focused in on the demon. Since this demon was using Shiemi as a shield, I was going to have to use the move I used to destroy Naraku. I summoned my reiki into the arrow, grabbing Rin's attention.
     "Kagome what are you...?"
     I released my arrow before Rin could say anything else. My arrow shot fast through the air.
     "You're going to hit Shiemi!" Yukio shouted.
     "Just watch." I hissed.
     "You would sacrifice a girl, how Cru..." The demon was cut off when it saw the arrow disappear before it. "Where's the arrow?" I soon heard an impact. "Aahhhhh." The demon screamed as it was casted through the air and released Shiemi. The demon soared back a bit before turning into sparkling ash.
     With the twins staring at me, I flicked my wrist and my reiki engulfed the area to rid of any of the demon's demonic presence. But I made sure to not hit Rin. Attaching the bow back onto my quiver, I walked up to Shiemi and inspected her legs. The root was gone. With a smile, I looked back at the boys.
     "She's going to be fine." I told them as they came running up.
     "Kagome?" Shiemi's voice called me. I looked down and smiled at her.
     "It's me. You're going to be fine now." I held my hand out to her. "Try to stand."
     She hesitated but she then grabbed ahold of my hand. I gently hoisted her up as she tried to balance herself on her legs. She clasped her hands together as she let out a breath of relief.
     "Shiemi." Shiemi's mother's voice called. We all looked in the direction of the voice. Shiemi's mother looked worried. Shiemi lowered her head with guilt.
     "Hi Mom." She mumbled.
     "Get over there." Rin growled as he hit the back of her head. She whimpered out in pain while Yukio scolded him. "Man, just tell her you're sorry. If you don't tell her now, you're definitely going to regret it." Rin stated with a smile on his face. But inside I could see the pain in his eyes. He regrets about fighting with his father. Shiemi nodded before slowly approaching her mother. We all watched the scene play out. As Shiemi tried to form words to her mother, her mother beat her to it.
     "You know. There once was a time when even I tried to find that place. The garden of Amahara." Her words shocked Shiemi. Then she engulfed her daughter into her arms. "You silly girl making me worry so much." She sobbed.
     "Oh mom." Shiemi cried. "I'm sorry." They cried into each other's arms while we stared with smiles.
     "You know, it's cool when it ends like this." Rin smiled before turning to me. "Kagome, how'd you do that?"
     "It's one of my powers as a true Miko. I learned it when I defeated Naraku." I looked at him.
     "This Naraku, what level would you gage him at?" Yukio asked.
     "Hm." I thought about it for a moment. "I would say one of Satans's generals. My mate Sesshomaru happens to be stronger than Naraku, I would peg him on par as Satan." I explained.
     "That strong." Rin and Yukio cringed.
     "Yes. He's the son of the Great Dog General, Toga Inu no Taisho and Lord of the West. He comes from great power. But Naraku happens to be a half demon. He caused so much pain." I could feel my body fill with depression.
     "A half demon. He was born with that much power?" Yukio questioned.
     "He wasn't born per se. He was originally a human bandit who gave his body to demons to help him get the love a certain priestess. On that day, the bandit died and then was born the demon Naraku." I explained. I could see Yukio and Rin shudder.
     After we said our goodbyes to the two, we were walking across the bridge when I felt something weird. All of a sudden I felt a strong demonic presence and it was familiar. Soon Yukio's cell phone rang and he answered it. He moved a bit away, leaving me by Rin.
     A sharp pain went through me as if I was shot in the sides and arms. I suddenly felt wet. Looking down, I was indeed wet. I was bleeding. My eyes widened. I know exactly what caused this.
     "Hey Yukio, what was that?" Rin asked as he looked to his brother. Thankfully he wasn't aware of my condition yet.
     "It was a call. There seems to be a giant white dog demon at the West gate. They are calling all exorcists to defeat it." Yukio said as he put his closed cell phone in his pocket and turned around. "Kagome are you okay?" Yukio's eyes widened. I walked towards him in a daze, though I was bleeding badly.
      "Did this dog demon have a crescent moon on his forehead and stripes on each cheek?" I asked while grabbing his uniform. My breathing became hard and labored.
     "Kagome, you're bleeding." Yukio and Rin shouted.
     "Tell me!" I roared.
     "Yes." That's all it took for my mind to focus.
     "Maru!" I looked towards the west as I summoned my reiki onto my back. I bit down on my finger and swiped my bloody thumb on three summoning talismans. Immediately Inuyasha, Kenji and Koga appeared before me. They rushed to me with their eyes wide.
     "Kagome what happened?" They asked.
     "Maru's in danger. Go with the twins and get Shippo. Follow them, I'm going on ahead." I ordered as I ran and jumped off the bridge. Rin shouting my name as he rushed to the side of the bridge. I smiled as I saw how much he cared for me. I turned my body and my reiki wings caught on the air. Immediately I flew to the West gate. I flew as fast as I could through the sky. Suddenly I felt a pain in my chest. I looked down and saw a hole in my right side of my chest. I think my lung was punctured. But I didn't care, I pushed myself even harder. I saw exorcists block the path way to the West gate. I flew over the gate and found a lot of exorcists of all kinds attacking him.
     He snapped his jaws at the exorcists, warning them to not approach unless they didn't value their lives. I could see red blood soaking his beautiful white fur. The pain made me falter for a moment and I went crashing to the ground behind the exorcists. The exorcists turned towards me with wide eyes.
     "What are you doing?" One exorcist said.
     "It's not safe here." Another one yelled.
     "She's bleeding. Get a doctor." Another shouted.
     *Bang*
     The gunfire rang in my ears, temporarily making me deaf. I could see the bullet graze his right cheek, the same damage came onto me. I heard gasps from the exorcists. I looked to them.
     "Get Mephisto. Tell him Kagome needs him." I panted as I pushed my body to it's limits and got to my feet. With some of my remaining strength, I ran passed the exorcists with ease.
Sesshomaru stopped growling, stuck his nose into the air. He followed my scent until his red eyes landed upon me. I could see his pupils go smaller as anger coursed through him. I grabbed ahold of his leg and gently stroked it.
     "Maru, I'm alright. Please control yourself for me. Show them your not a threat." I pleaded. I looked up to him, his head was pointed down at me. He was narrowing his eyes at me. "They didn't hurt me. We didn't shut the link." I coughed up blood, I could feel the blood coming into my lung. My eyes rolled as my body fell back. I waited for impact but it never came.
     Two muscular arms wrapped around my frame, holding me tightly against my saviour's chest. I opened my eyes to see Sesshomaru in his human skin. His cold stoic face was replaced with one of worry. His golden eyes glossed with unshed tears. He buried his face into the crook of my neck, inhaling my scent to calm himself and his beast. Now that we are close and touching, I could feel the bond grow stronger. I could feel my body slowly stitch itself up. One of the benefits of mating a demon, quick healing. When I had enough strength again, I quickly pushed my healing reiki through my body closing all the holes that riddled my body.
     When the blood drained from my lung and it resealed itself, I immediately took a deep breath. I didn't feel like I was drowning anymore. Taking a quick couple deep breaths, I put my hands upon him. Summoning my healing reiki, I quietly healed his wounds. Once the wounds were sealed shut, Sesshomaru engulfed me into a hug.
     "You stupid girl." He scolded me as his arms wrapped around me tighter. I wrapped my arms around him and buried my face into his chest. Tears flowed from my eyes as my body finally recognized him. He was here. Flesh and blood. I felt at peace for a moment before I heard a growl from Sesshomaru. I let go and looked behind me, there were exorcists coming at us with their weapons. Turning in Sesshomaru's embrace, I held out my hands and put a barrier in between the exorcists and I.
     Suddenly Sesshomaru released me and moved his hand, sending out his poison whip. Then he motioned his hand downward, yanking something out of the sky. Dirt and dust flew everywhere from the thing that fell, clouding my vision. I saw Sesshomaru brandishing his Bakusaiga and leapt at the thing. When a familiar demonic energy came to my senses, I acted.
     "Sesshomaru no! He's on our side." I yelled, immediately stopping his pursuit. Bakusaiga's tip a mere inch away from Mephisto's neck. Mephisto had his hands up in a surrender with wide eyes. I could see him gulp as he stared at the sword near his throat. I sighed with relief as he took the sword away and sheathed it once again. If that blade touched Mephisto, that would have been the end of him. "Are you alright Mephisto?" I asked as I pulled him up.
     "Right as rain." Mephisto smiled and looked upon Sesshomaru, who was currently carrying himself as an arrogant Noble. "So this is the dog demon mate you mentioned!"
     "Yes, though I don't know how he made it here." I glanced to Sesshomaru.
     "Hn."
     "A man of many words." I sighed. "He'll warm up once he gets to know you."
     "I see." Mephisto smiled. "Though," he glanced at me "are you alright Kagome?"
     "Yes, I'm fully healed."
     "How do you sustain this much damage?"
     "It's because we didn't fully shut off the mate link."
     "Mate link?" Mephisto tilted his head in curiosity.
     "It's like a bond. If we either get hurt and we didn't block the bond, the other would receive. It works with emotions and his powers as well. I will heal as fast as this one here as well as live long as him." I explained.
     "Fascinating!" Mephisto clapped his hands together. "It's so much different than our kinds mating bond."
     "Really?"
     "Yup." Mephisto nodded.
     "So what do we do now?" I asked Mephisto.
     "Do you think he will enroll in exorcism?" Mephisto glanced at Sesshomaru, who gave him an arched brow.
     "I don't see why not. In our world he hunted demons as well." I told Mephisto.
     "Perfect. But you know what has to be done."
     "Yes sir."
     "Kagome!" Multiple voices called for me, making me look behind Mephisto. The twins, Shippo and the other three stood there panting as they looked to us. Shippo pushed passed everyone and ran towards us. I lowered my barrier as he approached. Suddenly he collided into Sesshomaru and I, hugging us tightly.
      "Momma...Papa." He whimpered as his grip tightened even more.
      "We're okay." Sesshomaru patted his head lovingly. "I must say, you have grown into a good demon."
      "Thank you Papa." Shippo smiled as he nuzzled into both of us. I laughed, hugging him back then peeled him off.
      "Not I don't love this Shippo but I need to breathe." I took a deep breath of air that my lungs desperately needed.
     "I'm sorry momma." Shippo blushed in embarrassment.
     "It's alright my boy." I smiled at him while placing a hand to his cheek.   "Oh, Shippo did you bring my bag?"
     "Yes I did." Shippo lifted my bag in front of me. "What's going on?"
     "Your father," I looked through the bag looking for the rosary beads "is going to join us in the exorcism classes. I just need to put the thing on him so they won't touch him."
     "He won't like that." Shippo mumbled.
     "I know he won't but he's going to have to deal with it. I want him to be near me and this is the only way." I explained as I pulled out the beads.
     "Don't talk to each other about me like I'm air." Sesshomaru crossed his arms and arched his eyebrow.
     "Sorry, my brain is still trying to register that you're here." I smiled sheepishly at Sesshomaru, who rolled his eyes. "Maru, I'm sorry but I have to do this for you to be allowed in and beside me."
     "I understand." Sesshomaru bowed his head in understanding. I placed the rosary beads upon my hands again like Kaede and fused my power in it. The beads flew off my hand and placed around his neck. Now was the command to be placed upon it. I bit my lip and sighed in defeat.
      "Heel." I commanded making Sesshomaru face plant into the ground. Behind us, I could hear Inuyasha laughing his ass off. Koga and Kenji were shaking their heads at the stupid inu. Sesshomaru peeled himself off the ground and went after Inuyasha who was still laughing. I looked to Mephisto while they ran around, trying to attack each other. "Brotherly love. What can I do?" I smirked. "But it is done Mephisto. Please register him into the program. I'll fill him in on all that he has missed."
      "That won't be a problem. But what about room arrangements?" Mephisto wiggled his eyebrows at me.
     "I guess Shippo gets his own room. Knowing that stubborn dog, he won't leave me alone now."
     "I see." Mephisto nodded. "So how is he going to handle the other mate?"
     "You make it sound like Rin is my mistress." I growled. "I'll break it to him gently. Rin and I can't help that we were mated and he's gonna have to accept that. I now love Rin." I explained, rubbing the back of my neck with blush apparent on my cheeks.
    "Kagome!" The twins tackled me, well Rin did and Yukio looked over my body, trying to find any wounds to treat.
     "I'm fine guys. I promise." I assured Yukio but hugged Rin. I could feel his body trembling. I knew that he was afraid that he might lose me too, though it was impossible. I chuckled and patted Rin's back. Suddenly a loud growl erupted from behind us, startling the poor twins. I sighed, peeled Rin away from me and faced my now angry mate.
      "Maru, it's fine." I tried to calm him.
      "I don't see how it's fine when another unmated male is holding onto mine." Sesshomaru snapped.
      I guess it's no letting him know slowly. Not with this stubborn Daiyokai. "Maru, I want you to meet Yukio and Rin Okumura. Yukio is my friend/teacher here in True Cross Academy. Rin is my friend and mate." I stood and introduced them but placed Rin behind me. I knew it might hurt his pride but I definitely didn't want him dead.
      "Excuse me?" Sesshomaru's red eyes narrowed dangerously at us.
      "When I entered this dimension, I didn't know I would accounter another mate. I just found out from Mephisto that they have a mate system here as well." I lowered my voice to barely a whisper, but I knew he would hear. "A mate system for demons. Whatever you do, do not mention that he's a demon. He will automatically be killed."
      They would kill him because he's a demon. Sesshomaru projected his thoughts to me.
     Well not totally sure but I know they would with him. He's the son of the enemy of everyone here. The highest of demons, Satan. In our world, he would be considered a son of Naraku. Though he has never been raised by his real father, he was raised of a human exorcist. His adopted father was killed by his real father. From that day on, he swore to practice the ways of an exorcist so he will kill his father. I explained.
     "That makes no sense." He mumbled but his eyes stopped turning red.
     "Parents aren't determined only just with blood but with love and loyalty. I explain it in more detail later."
     "Hn." He went back to his usual catchphrase and stood up to his arrogant noble stance. I shook my head and looked to the twins who were currently holding onto their weapons.
     "Yukio, Rin." I called their names, grabbing their attention. "I would like you to meet Sesshomaru, Lord of the West and my mate."
     "Wait the mate that is on par as Satan?" Yukio pushed the glasses up to the bridge of his nose.
     "The one in the same."

                           ******

     I entered the classroom the next day, completely exhausted. I had spent most of the night trying to get Sesshomaru caught up to speed with the classes as well as give him much information he needed. While doing that, I had to help Shippo move to his own room so he wouldn't feel suffocated with both of his parents in the room. Sesshomaru had an intense reunion planned for us. Let's just say I had to soundproof the room with my barrier. In the morning, I ended up being woken up for a training session. It lasted all the way until lunch. I was able to take a shower, eat and rest a bit before classes had to start.
     I placed my bookbag on the desk and plopped my head on top of it, hoping to use it as a pillow. Rin sat in front while I sat behind him and strangely Shippo sat behind me. Today I wanted to be alone, and thankfully they understood that.
      The loud opening of the door grated on my nerves but the three pairs of footsteps were heard. I glanced up seeing Yukio up at the desk, that was a given. What wasn't a given was Shiemi standing next to him along with my handsome mate in the school uniform. I heard the girls start squealing amongst themselves quietly as they looked upon my mate. My brow twitched in aggravation but I couldn't cause a scene. Rin however looked surprised.
     "So these are your new classmates, Shiemi Moriyama and Sesshomaru Taisho."
     "Eh? It's a pleasure to meet you." Shiemi bowed, clearly frazzled.
     Be nice when you introduce yourself. I scolded Sesshomaru through our link. Sesshomaru cleared his throat and slightly bowed.
     "It's a pleasure to meet you all." He said so smoothly, though I could hear the slight irritation in his voice. Being with him for many years you start to pick up on his attitude.
     "Um, what the?" Rin was still confused, which I could help but chuckle at.
     "I decided to go back to school because I don't know anything about the world and I want to be stronger." Shiemi said as she was sitting, shivering next to my mate. Rin still looking confused as ever. "So I asked Yuki...I mean, Mr. Okumura to get me in."
      I glanced from my behind my bag and found Sesshomaru walking this way. He stared down at me before sitting next to me.
     "You're super tense. Are you okay? I'm surprised you made it here." Rin asked Shiemi, who still continued to shiver. Shiemi looked to Rin.
     "You're the reason for that. Thank you so much Rin." Shiemi gave him a genuine smile. Though I knew she was innocent, I still couldn't help it but it pissed off.
     "Nah, it's cool." He looked away blushing. It suddenly irked me.
     "Also I wanted to see what Yuki was like as a teacher." Shiemi said adoringly. From my position, I could practically see the hearts in her eyes, almost drooling.
      "Yeah, should have known." Rin said deflated. I couldn't help but stifle a laugh at his face. He glared over his shoulder at me, his face telling me he was slightly offended.
     He's not used to the whole mate thing is he? Sesshomaru scoffed his thoughts inside my head.
     No, if you haven't noticed that he's still a baby. Not everyone was raised to know what to do, you know. I teased Sesshomaru, giving him a glance. He was glaring right down at me, telling me that I was in for it later.
WHY ME?!!!

**Well here's chapter 2. It's so nice seeing Sesshomaru back with his family. So what you thing? Too much? Don't forget to:

Comment

Share

Vote

CA**