Chapter 5

Two days later, I left early for cram school to meet Shiemi. I couldn't be around the boys any longer than I had to. They were completely smothering me. I waited on the bridge waiting for Shiemi to come. The breeze was a nice way to start of a school day. I felt Shiemi's presence, making me look to my right. I saw her sigh before losing herself into her thoughts. My brows furrowed as I stared at the poor girl. Suddenly I saw her lip quiver and she stopped walking. I pushed off the bridge railing and ran over to her as I saw her do a little cheer to herself.
     "You okay Shiemi? You seemed awfully pumped up." I teased, hoping to cheer her up.
     "Oh hi Kagome." She smiled at me. "I'm gonna go out an make some new friends." She said as she pulled out the key from her pocket.
     "New friends?" I tilted my head to the side.
     "Yeah, I can't keep only pestering you and Shippo, maybe Sesshomaru. He doesn't really say much."
     "Yeah sorry about that. He will slowly warm up to ya. So by new friends...you're thinking about what Rin said, aren't you?"
     "Um hm." Shiemi nodded as she opened the door. Suddenly she looked up and saw Polkabrow and Paku walking down the corridor. She gave a face of determination before she ran off. I sighed as I slowly followed behind her. I knew this wasn't going to end well. Knowing Polkabrow, she was going to try to make Shiemi a errand runner or something. Suddenly the poor girl tripped in front of them. I picked up my pace and knelt down next to her.
     "Miss Moriyama?" Paku sounded concerned.
     "You klutz." Polkabrow said, turned and walked away.
     "Oh." Shiemi whined.
     "Are you okay?" Paku asked her. Shiemi nodded her head. "Try to be more careful." She smiled before turning to follow Polkabrow. "Wait up Izumo." Paku called as she chased after her friend. I was going to help up Shiemi until I heard a familiar voice.
     "Shiemi? Everything okay? Whatcha doing down there?" Rin asked with Sesshomaru and Shippo behind him.
     "Ah, nothing. I'm fine." Shiemi grabbed her shoes and quickly put them on. She stood and walked away, making me completely confused.

                             ****

     I yawned as I sat down in my seat for class. With the passed couple events, I have been running on fumes lately. Rin was currently reading a book, actually studying while using the clip Sugruo gave him not to long ago to help him with his bangs. I had to admit that he kind of looked adorable with it.
     "Listen up, summer vacation is less than a month and a half away. But before the break, you are going to be taking this years Exwire authorization exam." Yukio suddenly announced. I yawned again and flopped myself onto the desk.
     "Exquire exam?" Rin arched his brow in confusion. "What the heck is that?" He asked Shiemi.
     "No Exwire. A candidate for becoming an exorcist." Shiemi explained.
     "Oh."
     "I want everyone to keep in mind that once your promoted to Exwire, you'll be subjected to more combat training. The exam won't be easy to pass, therefore, starting Monday we are offering a week long boot camp to prepare you for the exam."
     "A boot camp?" Rin was beyond confused.
     "Since attending is the camp isn't mandatory, indicate whether or not you'll be participating on the form." Yukio explained as he handed out the forms. I stared at the paper. I already knew I would be participating. "If you are, please indicate the Meister or title you would like to acquire and turn the form in by Monday."
     "A Meister?" Rin stared at the paper blankly. "Or a title?"
     I walked up to Yukio while everyone else was looking at the forms. I tapped his shoulder, grasping his attention.
     "Yukio, how should I fill this out? I have four of the five titles." I asked.
     "Ah, since you are a special case, just put all four down." Yukio suggested. I nodded and went back to my seat. I immediately put down that I was participating and the titles I would like to acquire were Tamer, Dragoon, Knight and Doctor. When I looked at the paper, seeing if everything was filled out correctly, I nodded and brought the paper up to Yukio, who wasn't surprised at the sudden hand in. Sitting back down, I saw Sesshomaru write down that he was participating and the title he would like to get would be a Knight. He was the next one to hand in the paper. I noticed Rin got up and went to Suguro, holding the paper out to him.
     "Hey, could you tell me what a Meister is?" Rin asked Suguro.
     "Huh?" Suguro looked at Rin like he had ten heads.
     "Ugh, come on. Help me out here." Rin said defeated as he placed the paper down by his side. "Please."
     "Give me a break. You want to be an exorcist but you don't know what that is. Seriously what's with you?" Suguro argued. Shima chuckled.
     "You really are totally clueless aren't you Okumura?" Shima smirked.
     Rin sighed. "Fine, I don't have a clue. So are you going to tell me or what?"
     "I'll tell you." Miwa smiled. "It's a technical qualification that is required to become an exorcist. It's a title given to those who proved they have great skills. There are five Meister in all. Knight, Dragoon, Tamer, Aria and Doctor. As long as you've required one of those, you can become an exorcist." Miwa explained.
     "Oh okay." Rin sat next to him and looked at his paper. I didn't even notice him plop himself there. "I think I get it now."
     "No one said you could sit with us." Suguro hissed.
     "The other thing is your style of combat will differ depending on which Meister you are." Miwa added.
     "Sweet," Rin smiled "thanks for explaining Konekomaru. Which one are you going for?"
     "Well Shima and I are going to try for Aria."
     "Hm. Aria?" Rin looked to his paper.
     "Aria is a Meister who battles demons by reciting passages from the bible and other sacred scriptures." Miwa said.
     "Bon here is gonna go for both Aria and Dragoon, cuz he's all hard core and everything." Shima smirked at Suguro.
     "Wow, that's our Bon." Rin simply stated.
     "Do not call me Bon." Suguro yelled and slammed his fists down onto the desk.
     "Actually our instructor Mr. Okumura has two Meisters, Doctor and Dragoon." Miwa pointed out.
     "Wow, Yukio kicks butt." Rin was impressed. "I wonder which one of those I should go for. This Dragoon, what is it?" Rin asked as he rubbed the back of his neck. Suguro slammed his fists against the desk again.
     "My god, you are such a pain. A dragoon is a Meister who fights with firearms and a knight is a meister who can fight with a fricking sword." Suguro explained. Shima chuckled again.
    "See, even with all the grumbling, Bon can still be helpful." Shima teased.
     "Shut up." Suguro growled at Shima.
     "Back up, did you say sword?" Rin asked.
     "Um hm. Meisters who specialize in sword fighting are called Knights." Miwa smiled.
     "Then I'm going to be a Knight." Rin announced.
     "Yeah, I always see you carry that sword around." Miwa pointed out.
     "Yeah, it's kind of like a keepsake from my dad." Rin smiled as he looked down at the paper. "But I know someone in this class has what it takes for four Meisters." Rin stated proudly, making my cheeks grow warm.
     "Oh yeah, who?" Suguro asked, leaning forward a bit, trying to intimidate Rin.
     "Kagome. She has taken care of plenty of people, sick and wounded, so there's doctor. She can summon familiars, so that makes her a tamer. She can shoot long distance with her bow and arrow that is infused with holy power, there's Dragoon. And she can fight with a sword, so there is knight." Rin smiled and glanced over to me. My blush deepened as I tried to focus on the desk in front of me. I didn't know what to do with all the attention. Suguro and the others stared at me with their mouths agape. Shippo snickered at me, earning a glare from me.