Chapter 1

I panted as I stared at the semi dark sky. The dark clouds were slowly going away as Naraku's miasma disappeared. Tears rolled down the sides of my face as I cried with happiness. We have finally defeated Naraku, our long time nemesis. It only took us three years but we made it. I placed my arm over my eyes as cried harder.

     The smell of copper, iron, and decay filled the air from our gruesome battle. Large hands gently grasped my shoulders before they pulled me into a firm chest. From the faint smell of sandalwood, I knew who held me. I uncovered my eyes and looked up to my holder's eyes. Blue against molten gold.

     "Thank you for coming to get me Sesshomaru." I softly smiled at him. He leaned down, placing his lips against my forehead. I relished the feeling of warmth that coursed through my body.

     A clearing of a throat pulled me away from our moment. Turning in Sesshomaru's arms, I looked to my group. They all looked to me happily, well all except Inuyasha.

     "We did it." I smiled at them.

     "We did." Sango's own tears escaped her eyes. She finally avenged her family that was slaughtered for no reason, she rescued her brother and saved her soon to be husband. She was more than happy to say the least.

     "So what did you wish for Kagome?" Miroku asked. His smile filled with peace. Now that the cursed wind tunnel is finally gone, he can now settle down with his beloved Sango and start a family. So that meant to me, he was finally going to stop womanizing.

     "I wished that the jewel never existed." I explained as Sesshomaru's arms wrapped tightly around me.

     "Keh." Inuyasha huffed, looked away and folded his arms across his chest. I could see the depression swirl in his eyes. He finally gotten revenge for both him and Kikyo but it had cost him too much. It had costed the love of his life twice. When we defeated Naraku, it was only two weeks after Kikyo parished in Inuyasha's arms. I gently removed myself from Sesshomaru's arms and walked over to Inuyasha. His eyes narrowed at my approach. Without warning, I gave him a hug causing him to flinch underneath my touch.

     "She would have been proud Inuyasha. You did it." I whispered into his neck. His arms wrapped around me, holding me tightly like I was going to disappear from his life too. He buried his face into the crook of my neck. A few seconds passed when I felt my shirt starting to get wet. My eyes shifted over to my friend. His body shivered against me as he released his silent cries into my shoulder. Hugging him tighter, I let him cry out his sorrow, hiding him from the eyes of others.

                                  ****

*A week later*

     I have decided to head back to my time to get some more supplies, seeing that I was the one with the least amount of injuries. During that week of relaxation, I have officially became mates with Sesshomaru.

     I leaned against the edge of the well, looking down into the dark abyss. For some reason something in the back of my mind told me that I shouldn't go back home today. My brows furrowed together as I pondered at what it could be.

     "Momma!" Shippo's voice called for me. My head snapped to his direction and found him running towards me while Sesshomaru followed behind him. I opened my arms out wide as he jumped into my chest. Engulfing him into a bone crushing hug and a kiss to the forehead, I looked to him.