Chapter 17

"Shippo, why are you so rowdy this morning?" Rin asked as he slowly sat up. He yawned and stretched his arms. I quickly stuffed my mirror into my backpack and turned to Rin. I gave him a hug, which startled him. "My, my Kagome, aren't we in a frisky mood." I heard a smile form on his face.

     "It's not that." I felt my lip quiver as I tried to stop myself from crying. "No matter how mad you get, DO NOT RELEASE YOUR FLAMES!"

     "Kagome, what's wrong mate?" Rin asked before he flinched. He must of saw the marking.

      "I don't know what happened but I woke up with his mark." My body started to shake. "I didn't cheat on you or Maru, I promise."

      "I know you didn't sweetheart. But I want to kill him." Rin growled.

    "Don't release your flames! Please!" I weakly begged. "I don't want to lose you too." I felt my tears streaming down my face.

     "Lose me?" Rin looked down to me, his anger disappearing.

     "Maru... is currently at war. He won't be coming back for a while. While he might be negotiating, I do not know what the other party has in mind. He might be gone for a few days or months, maybe years or... or maybe not at all." I shook as I held onto Rin. "War is nothing to joke about. I nearly died several times because of it. Maru almost did too. I have confidence in both of your strengths but I don't want to lose my bit of happiness. They will take you away too if you act recklessly. You are now fighting a war too. Please don't leave me in the dark abyss... alone."

      "Kagome." I could hear Rin frown before he sighed in defeat and held onto me. "I won't leave you."

      He gently nuzzled my shoulder before kissing it. I sighed in relief as I recieved the warmth and love from him. Not too much later, I felt his teeth bite down into my shoudler. I glanced to him, finding his blue eyes slightly shifted and his pupils were red. It seems that they were making their claim once again. I softly caressed his black tresses as he continued to bite me. But I knew if he didn't knock it off soon, he would start something we shouldn't.

       "Rin, love, you have made your claim. If you continue, it will be hard to stop. We are not home nor do we not have the time either." I whispered into his ear.

                                ****

      Rin, Shippo, Naraku and I all quickly ate our breakfast. Well the three of us did while Rin was dozing off eating. I kept having to poke him in the cheek to make sure he stayed awake. He was absolutely adorable. As I finished eating, I leaned on my hands and watched him. In the corner of my eye, I could see the others sit far away from us, eating. I rolled my eyes as I side glared the pussy willows. Suddenly I felt a flick to the forehead, making me flinch and hold my head. I turned my attention onto Naraku, who sat beside me. He just smirked at me as he casually ate.

     "The whole night's a blank after I left you guys." Suguro mused. "It's like I got drunk and passed out or something, but how?"

     Probably because of the alcohol. I snickered as I sipped at my tea. Rin kept dozing in front of me so I flicked him in the head. He sleepily glared at me but that's it.

      "Oh, son of a... She gave us her drinks by mistake." Suguro grumbled. "Some teacher she is."

     "How are you feeling now?" Miwa asked.

     "Eh, okay?" Suguro said, sounding like a question. "You get a chance to pay your respects to your folks yet?"

      "Yeah, last night." Miwa softly smiled.