Chapter 8

"Man, it's hot." Rin complained as he trekked towards the dorms. He pulled out the ice pop from its packaging. "Um, wow. I better eat this thing fast before it melts." He bit down on the ice pop, relishing it. "Ice pops in summer rock." He happily said.

     I chuckled next to him. He was too adorable. Rin and I decided to take an excursion to the mini mart today. Summer vacation came so quickly that I didn't realize the time flew by. Jaken is bringing Rin to Kaede and he brought the affairs to Sesshomaru when I summoned him. It seems that everything was going well on the other side but I can't help but miss everyone.

     "Wanna bite?" Rin offered his ice pop out to me. I smirked.

     "Sure." I leaned over, licked the ice pop seductively before taking a little bite out of it. Rin's cheeks grew red as he watched me. I could already tell that inappropriate thoughts were going through his mind. I sighed and leaned my head onto his shoulder as we walked. He placed his ice pop in his other hand while he wrapped his arm around my shoulder. I excitedly screamed in my thoughts at this approach.

     Sesshomaru started to allow Rin to show some affection towards me when he's around. It wasn't much but it was a big step for the stubborn Taiyokai. As we walked back to the dorms, he offer the ice pop again. I smirked as I did the same thing again.

     "Kagome, you're being a tease." He stuttered. I chuckled and licked the side of his neck, then my lips.

     "You taste better."

     "You're going to be the death of me." He whispered huskily. I giggled.

     When we arrived back, I enter the twins room, finding Yukio poured over his books. He turned as the door opened.

     "Ah, you're back." Yukio said relieved.

     "Everything was sold out on campus. We had to go to the other one." Rin stated as he walked over to his seat. He set his bag down and sat down. "Geez can this room get any hotter?" He complained. I leaned in and whispered.

     "I have one plan to make it hotter." I teased. He playfully swatted me away. I laughed at him.

     "I mean it's a rich kids school, get some ac up in here, you know?" Rin huffed.

     "This building is really old, so it can't be helped. You can deal with this. It's not like we grew up with air conditioning anyway. We just have to make do with the fan." Yukio explained as Rin finished his ice pop.

     "I was just saying." Rin sighed as he looked to Yukio, who stated back.

     "Nevermind Rin. Where's the mineral water I asked for?" Yukio asked. Rin stared at him wide eyed, completely forgetting about it.

     "Huh?" He guiltily smiled. "Oh crap, I forgot."

     Yukio stared at him with cold eyes. I bonked Rin on the head before walking over to Yukio. Rin glared at me. I reached in my bag and pulled out the mineral water he asked for.

     "I had a feeling knuckle head would have forgotten so I grabbed it for you." I smiled as I held it out to him. Rin shouted hey while Yukio smiled.

     "Thank you Kagome. At least one of you has their head one straight." He teased. Rin grumbled as he reached inside his bag and pulled out another ice pop. I walked over and sat down on Rin's bed, reading some of my notebooks. I pulled out a bag a chips and started to munch on them. Sesshomaru and Shippo said they had to go somewhere today so I was left alone with the twins.

     Rin started grumbling an hour into his studies and he didn't even start yet. I smirked as I got to my feet.

     "Ah man, spending a sunday afternoon stuck indoors doing homework totally sucks." He complained as he fanned himself with a piece of paper. "After all I did to make it to Exwire. This ain't no different from being a Page."