Chapter 5 "Destiny?..."

Destinys POV

    I was getting ready to start my song while Leo and Sierra both watched.  Honestly i'm shaking like a chiuaua.  I have never sung in front of anyone expect Sierra.  I just can't.  I think I'm going to die.  Holy crap.  Just than me wonderful now fully charged cellphone, thanks to Leo's charger, played the amazing rig-tone of "Tornado" by Little Big Town.  I hurried over, and picked up the phone.  "Hello?" I called to the other line of the phone.  I didn't recognize the number.  "Destiny?"  The voice on the the other line sounded like- Oh my god.  "It's your dad."  I couldn't even move.  It's been 2 years since I last spoke or saw my dad.  I didn't even know what to say.  I had so many emotions boiled up inside of me.  "Oh, erm...hi." I awkwardly whispered into the phone. "Destiny, I know this is all a lot right now, um..well I don't know how to say this..."  I could feel my heart racing in my chest.  I hope I don't have a freaking heart attack.  I was shaking even more at this point.  I looked over to Sierra and Leo who just both starred at me from Leo's bed.  They were just as clueless as me. "Your grandpa...he had a heart attack.  Destiny he's gone." I heard my dad sigh.  What no.  This can't be true.  I can't even....My grandpa taught me how to fish, go hunting....my grandpa was always there for me.  He can't be gone.  I remember always driving up to grandpa and grandmas house and seeing him sit in the window waiting for me to arrive, as he drunk his coffee.  I didn't know what to say or do.  My body was froze.  Then I did the one thing I always did when I was scared, sad, panicked.  I ran.  I dropped my phone on the ground, ran downstairs, out the front door and ran.  I didn't care about anything else I just ran.  I didn't even think about Leo and Sierra still sitting in his room. I made my way down to the beach and collapsed. I let the sound of the waves sooth me.  I just needed to be alone.  I needed a escape from reality.  I went to get my guitar- wait crap I left it at home.  Well than I'm screwed, I'm so use to using my guitar to sooth me through this types of things.  I didn't even know what to do at this point.  Not only did I just speak to my dad for the first time in years, but my grandpa died.  I immediately felt a sting of guilt run through my body.  Throughout those years of not talking to my dad, I didn't get to spend type with my grandpa either.  My dad use to always say 'spend time with him while you can, you never know how much time you have left with him.'  I wasted 2 years I could have spent with him.  But I didn't, and now he's gone.  There's nothing I can do now.  I than, fell down on my back, and did something I never do.  Cry.

Sierras Pov

Destiny ran out of Leo bedroom faster than you could say 'fast'.  I jumped off the bed and picked up her phone off the ground.  I quickly looked at the number.  I knew this area code.  Michigan, which is where Destiny's dad lives...Oh my God.  I quickly grabbed Leos arm and dragged him downstairs. "We have to find her."  "What happened?" He question while putting on his shoes.  "I don't exactly know, but I know who called...This isn't good. We both finished getting on some shows at walked around the neighbor hood trying to find her.  I didn't trust Destiny being alone at a moment like this.  Shes a strong girl, but sometimes she can't handle somethings.  I mean shes still just a 13 year old girl.  Me and her both dealt with bullies in school.  I had to go trough more than her with it all, but she had some other issues at home.  I don't think she would ever cut or anything, but there's a lot I still don't know about her.  I mean I know we've been best friends forever, but she dosen't talk about things like that too often...It had been about 5 minutes so far and no sign of the troubled girl.  Finally I remembered something.  I knew Destiny liked going to the because sometimes when she was stressed. "Hey, can we go check by the beach real quick?"  Leo just nodded his head yes, and we both jogged down to the beach.

Destinys POV

  I heard some footsteps behind me.  I was actually oping it was a murder right now.  They could just kill me right here. "If your a murder I can hear you behind me, go ahead and kill me. I have nothing to live for.  Chop me into pieces, and through me into the ocean.  Go ahead.  I won't scream or anything.  Take me away." I yelled still starring in front of me.  I than heard some small giggling. "What kind of murderer giggles?"  I questioned and than quickly turned behind me. Oh..."Oh..Whoops."  I slightly blushed as I watched Leo and Sierra approach me.  I turned back around facing the water. I than looked over to find Sierra sitting on the Left of me, and Leo on my right.  If there expecting me to talk to them about what happened. I refuse. "So.....?" Leo trailed off.  "Destiny, was that your dad?"  Wow I didn't think she would guess that fast.  "How did you..?" I trailed off starring at the smart red head.  "I saw the number." ....."Oh...Ya." I than fell back, so I was now laying on my back looking into the midnight sky.  "Wanna talk about it?"  Sierra said while looking back at me. Leo than turned so he was looking at me as well. "Nope." I said while popping the P.  "Well I'm no Doctor Phil but obviously it helps to talk about things?"  Leo said while still looking down at me.  Just than I could hear my all too familiar ring tone go off.  What the heck. I didn't bring my phone?  "Oh here sorry I brought it along just in case." Sierra handed me my phone.  I didn't bother looking at the caller-id.  "Hello?"I said in a monotone voice."Hey Dezi..It me Alexis.." She trailed off. Alexis was my sister in Michigan who I also haven't talked to or seen in 2 years.  She lives with my dad along with my other brother Alex.  There both twins, and both are 16. "Oh are we having a family Reunion or something?" I said in my normal sarcastic tone. "Destiny, really? No I just had to talk to you.." She said in an annoyed voice, but not really rude.  "What now? Don't you think your a little late with the phone calling thing Alexis?" I was starting to get kinda mad.  See for 2 years I've been waiting for my dad or sister or brother, or anyone to call me.  But no one ever did.  That's why I haven't seen my dad.  He just left me in the dust.  "No...Destiny. It's about grandpas funeral." She replied with a sweeter voice this time. I could hear sniffles, so I assumed she was crying.  "Can we talk about this some other time? I'm busy." I kept my voice in monotone. I didn't want it to seem like I cared. I know that may seem mean, but maybe it would show my dad that he should have called.  "So, your too busy for family now?"  She started to get kinda mad I could tell.  ugh.  "Funny obviously you were too busy to call me for the past 2 years?" I said in more of a sarcastic tone this time.  "Whatever! What are you busy with anyways?" She asked raising her voice more.  "Petting a unicorn."  And with that, I hung up.  I wanna just forget this whole phone call crap ever happened.  I got up and dusted off the sweats I was wearing.  "Come on let's go back." I smirked as I put out both of my hands for Sierra and Leo.   They both smiled back and took my hand.  We were on are way back to Leo house.  It was dead silent, but like a comfortable silence, not awkward at all.  "So you like unicorns?" Leo randomly came out and asked, While rapping his arm around my shoulders, like sierra would do sometimes since i was slightly shorter. I just nodded my head yes, and laughed.  I could tell this was going to be the start of a beatiful friendship!

A/N: I hoped y'all liked it.  It was kind of boring, but I wanted you all to see more about Destiny's dad, and what went down with them. Things will get more exciting don't woryy!