20.

•:~:•

Jungkook's eyes blinked open how many hours later, his head felt muffled, eyes slightly dizzy as he adjusted to the still dark room. Jungkook was confused that there was no sunlight peeking through his curtains as usual. Jungkook blinked his eyes again as they focused onto the alarm clock on his bedside table, the red letters reading '4:00'.

It was only four in the morning, Jungkook sighed to himself before laying back down, hoping to get some more sleep but paused when he heard the sound of shuffling on the other side of the barrier of pillows.

Jungkook lifted an eyebrow in confusion, perhaps Taehyung was also awake? Jungkook was confused when the sound of shuffling seemed to increase, he felt like he heard Taehyung mumble something but he couldn't put any words together.

Jungkook was growing more and more concerned before sitting up and reaching over onto Taehyung's side to turn on the lamp. "Tae?" Jungkook whispered as the lamp illuminated the room, giving it a soft glow.

Jungkook leaned away from Taehyung's figure, the other's eyes squeezed shut as he gripped his pillow tightly, mumbling incoherent words. It was obvious the other was having a nightmare. "Tae," Jungkook said a bit louder, feeling conflicted to wake up the other who was suffering in whatever nightmare he was experiencing.

Jungkook tried shaking the other's shoulders gently as the other thrashed at the slightest touch, saying Taehyung's name even louder. "No, no, no!" Taehyung mumbled under his breath, eyes still shut.

"Tae-,"

Jungkook wasn't sure what was happening as he felt a blunt force against his forehead before he was falling backward in pain, losing his balance and even falling off of the large bed

Jungkook groaned in pain when his body crumpled onto the hardwood floors. Jungkook paused for a moment, letting everything process before slowly lifting himself onto his knees, earning a shriek from above him, and his head connecting with one of the many pillows from the barrier.

"What the fuck!" Jungkook cried, looking above him as he held his forehead only to be met with a glaring Taehyung with a pillow gripped tightly in his clutches, eyes slightly teary as his other hand held his forehead. Beautiful.

"J-Jungkook?" Taehyung stuttered, lowering his weapon of a pillow beside him at the sight of Jungkook on the ground. "I thought you w-were an i-intruder..." Taehyung whispered.

"You were having a nightmare," Jungkook explained slowly, wondering if the other even remembered anything but the way Taehyung shrank in on himself told him everything he needed to know.

"R-right," Taehyung murmured, slowly before looking back at the other who he had bonked heads with. "Jungkook you're bleeding," Taehyung pointed out, watching as Jungkook lifted an eyebrow in confusion before reaching behind his ear and bringing it back down to look at his hand to only see red.

Jungkook didn't say anything before Taehyung was pushing himself off of the bed, taking Jungkook's hand, pulling him to his feet as he dragged him to the bathroom across the hall.

"Taehyung, I'm fine," Jungkook tried to reassure the other male as Taehyung made him sit on the toilet before he raided the bottom cabinet, looking for a first aid kid.

"Jungkook, you're not fine," Taehyung replied as he rolled his eyes, succeeding at finding the first aid kit as he opened it, taking out a small wipe, cream, and a bandaid. "You're bleeding from your ear, you're lucky it isn't any worse."