10.

•:~:•

"I'm telling you, Jimin!" Taehyung urged, messing with one of his many soft throw pillows scattered about his bed. "I swear he's everywhere!"

"Taehyung, I think you're just overreacting," Jimin's staticky voice rang throughout his bedroom. "We're lucky that he's joining the team, or we would be screwed in May."

"No, you're lucky we found another boy or my mom would've had your head," Taehyung countered. "Don't you find it odd that I'm not only his tutor but now his teammate? All in the span of two days even!"

Taehyung heard a small chuckle over the phone, Jimin clearly making fun of him. "Who knows Tae? Maybe it's just fate?"

"Fuck you," Taehyung scoffed.

"Jungkook might actually be a good guy, Tae. You just haven't seen it yet," Jimin pondered.

Taehyung made a face of disgust, "Sure, a fuckboy that has a new playtoy every week definitely is a good guy, I'm surprised I haven't seen it before!" Taehyung replied, sarcasm laced in his tone.

"You never know, you're gonna spend the next four months with him, might as well get used to it," Jimin mused.

"Anyway, I got to go, got a test tomorrow." Taehyung switched the subject.

"What? It's Friday, you idiot! Don't run away from the truth, Taehyung! Fate is a real-."

Taehyung ended the call, tossing his phone to the end of his bed. A couple of seconds later his phone dinged. Taehyung grabbed it, looking at the new message he received from Jimin.

I know you did not just hang up on me, bitch.

Taehyung just sent an emoji in response, sliding off his bed and drifting to his closet, looking for a hoodie to stay warm.

Taehyung pulled out one of his many oversized hoodies, pulling it over his head and deeming himself somewhat presentable.

Taehyung had promised Somi that he would help sell tickets at tonight's soccer game, while also promoting her as a nominee for court warming.

Taehyung wasn't exactly the happiest camper knowing he had to waste a Friday doing nothing but selling tickets and counting money. Plus, she'll be keeping him company, so he didn't really mind.

Taehyung glided down the stairs and looked for his car keys, only to find his mom's keys left on the counter.

Taehyung grabbed them while chuckling to himself about how his mom took his truck once again. Her excuse was always that she found Taehyung's car 'so much cooler'.

Taehyung sighed as he drove out of the driveway in the Volkswagen, glancing at the clock. He had ten minutes, the drive to school was about a five-minute drive so he's fine.

Taehyung pulled into a parking spot by the front of the school, the lot practically empty. It was quite different not having to walk so far from the back of the lot.

But instead, Taehyung made his way to the back of the building, heading to the field.

"You're the one selling the tickets right?" A voice grabbed Taehyung's attention.

Taehyung turned around, facing a man who was probably one of the organizers. "Uh... yeah," Taehyung mumbled.

The guy led Taehyung to a small booth, Taehyung just now realizing he would have to sit in the freezing cold.

Five minutes later and Taehyung was sitting in the cold night, selling a few tickets to random people.

It quite surprised Taehyung how many people showed up, he never really paid attention to the team's achievements but Taehyung's guessing that they were pretty good.

Where the hell is Somi, Taehyung wondered. She was supposed to be here, and Taehyung didn't see her anywhere in sight.

Taehyung looked through the distance, trying to spot any other people perhaps wanting to go to the game. Taehyung pulled out his phone and instantly texted Somi, her picking up after a few rings.

"Where are you?" Taehyung asked, feeling somewhat frustrated that he was left alone in the freezing cold.

"Taehyung, I'm so sorry! It completely slipped my mind! We're behind on the brownies for the bake sale!"

Taehyung sighed softly, "You're fine, I understand, but I'm sitting by myself in the fucking cold."

"Do you want me to send someone to help? I can do that!" Somi asked.

"No, you don't have-."

"No! Someone's gonna keep you company, I'll give you extra brownies on Monday! Love you."

And the call ended, Taehyung rolled his eyes as he slipped the device into the back pocket of his jeans, waiting for some random ass stranger to show up.

A/N: I'm really loving the book so far, I feel like I write better at night? I don't know for sure.