09.

•:~:•

It was Tuesday now and Jungkook fully believed that it was the worst day of the week.

Monday sucks, and they always suck, but when it's Tuesday you have to live with the fact that you still have four days until the school week is over.

Jungkook actually felt well rested for once, and that was a rare occurrence. Taehyung had dropped Jungkook off at his house, and after Jungkook had yelled at his sister for leaving him in the middle of nowhere.

Jungkook had gone to bed peacefully and slept like a baby, and he was actually in a good mood this morning. "Look who woke up on the right side today," Yugyeom mused as he sat down at the lunch table, joining Jungkook and other players on the football team.

Jungkook just hummed in response, sneaking glances towards Taehyung from across the cafeteria. "Is that him?" Yugyeom asked, gaining Jungkook's attention.

"What?" Jungkook snapped out of it, confused.

"Yoongi told me you got a tutor," Yugyeom mentioned, Jungkook nodded in response.

"Okay," Jungkook breathed.

"He's quite nerdy, you're not gonna mess with the likes of him right?" Yugyeom spoke.

"Of course not," Jungkook murmured, hiding his disagreement. Taehyung was anything but that, sure he was smart but he didn't dedicate his entire life to studying.

The bell rang, signaling the end of lunch, Jungkook watched as Taehyung collected his things, leaving the cafeteria with his friend Hoseok.

"Sure," Yugyeom rolled his eyes, noticing how Jungkook seemed to not be able to take his eyes off the other. "You shouldn't stoop that low, Jeon. Girls don't want to hang out with someone that fucks with nerds."

"He's not a nerd, plus he's quite interesting," Jungkook replies simply.

"So you want a challenge? You know I've never understood that about you Jungkook, there's plenty of girls that would love to date you,"

"Well, where's the fun in that?" Jungkook scoffed.

Jackson paused for a second. "What about Eunbi? I heard you were talking with her, got friendly with her at my party?" Yugyeom questioned, quirking an eyebrow.

"Umm, yeah I guess," Jungkook replied, he definitely wasn't interested in her anymore, she got boring pretty quick.

"Jungkook!" Eunbi squealed, Jungkook flinching at the sound of his name as the girl practically threw herself onto the other. "You didn't text me last night!"

Jungkook hid his distaste for the other, he did say he was gonna text her but he was busy with other things...

"Oh, sorry, I was hanging out with friends," Jungkook played it off cooly, his response only making Eunbi pout. Gross.

Jungkook didn't know why he suddenly felt uncomfortable, just yesterday he was making out with this girl, now he just found Eunbi annoying.

"Well I forgive you, do you want to hang out this Friday?" Eunbi purred.

"Sure," Jungkook smirked, instantly putting on his playboy image, knowing that all the girls swooned for his killer looks and charm. Eunbi smiled brightly at his response.

"Great! It's a date then," Eunbi exclaimed, skipping off.

"That's my boy," Yugyeom cheered, slapping Jungkook's back. "I'll see you later."

"Yeah, later," Jungkook murmured. The hallway was practically empty if you look past the kids sneaking out of class to vape in the bathroom and the few couples making out against the locker.

Jungkook didn't feel like going to class, he didn't know why he felt so suddenly drained.

"Jungkook?" A voice called for him, Jungkook almost groaned in annoyance before noticing the familiarity in the voice.

Jungkook glanced behind him, noticing Taehyung standing there, bangs still slightly covering his eyes, hands holding a stack of textbooks.

"Yeah?"

"Why aren't you in class?" Taehyung asked, sternly. Jungkook's eyes widened, realizing Taehyung probably didn't want to deal with Jungkook's crap today.

"I got lost?" Jungkook replied.

"Bullshit," Taehyung chuckled, grabbing Jungkook's wrist, carefully balancing the textbooks in his other hand. "Come on."

Jungkook cheered in victory, quite proud himself that he was able to make Taehyung laugh.

Taehyung's smile was unique, it was rectangular in shape, showing off his gums as he let out a hearty laugh.

It was adorable.

Jungkook allowed Taehyung to drag him to class, silently enjoying Taehyung's touch on his wrist. Feeling disappointed when he was soon standing in front of his third block's door.

"We're meeting after school right?" Jungkook asked, drinking in Taehyung's presence. If you look past the bangs and small pimples the other had, Taehyung was quite attractive.

Which only made Jungkook wonder what the other would like having his hair styled and showing off his thick eyebrows.

Jungkook, control yourself, Jungkook told himself

"Yeah, I'm free," Taehyung replied. Jungkook followed Taehyung into the classroom, nodding to Taehyung's response.

"Mrs. Dunkley, I found one of your students," Taehyung motioned to Jungkook.

Jungkook's teacher looked up from her computer, everyone else was indulging in silent reading before they entered.

The class rippled with small snickers before earning a glare from Mrs. Dunkley, quieting the class.

"Perfect," Mrs. Dunkley smiled, "haven't seen you in awhile Jeon."

A/N: School got pushed back until April 27th... 🤭