33.

•:~:•

The music stopped abruptly, some athletes yelped mid-air as they finished their tumbling pass or others looked towards the coach as they already saw her finger inching towards the pause button.

The gym was hot and humid, sweaty bodies and gasps of air only added to it as Mercedes refused to turn off the heating system, claiming it was not going to be cold in the states let alone in their uniforms.

Everyone was pissed, and Mercedes was especially pissed, practically fuming as this was the fifth time going through the routine of the night. "Yall look like shit," Mercedes spoke, her voice heard from every inner corner of the gym, echoing slightly.

There was no response, except for those trying to catch their breath, but it wasn't much of an answer. "Are you guys going to say anything?" Mercedes continued, her tone slightly raising. "Four people touched down and none of the elite stunts hit!" Keep in mind, they were only halfway through the routine.

"Could anyone give me an explanation? Because I'm this close to pulling you guys out of the competition!" This comment made the team explode in quiet murmurs, being pulled out was not what the team needed right now, especially when Summit was so close.

Finally, a brave soul decided to step up and answer Mercedes's question: "Nobody's working together," Chaeyeon called out, "some people are bickering and it's creating tension with the whole team."

Everyone knew who Chaeyeon was talking about, Taehyung and Jungkook, except one was quietly brooding and seemed to have a dark aura surrounding him and the other was sparring quick timid glances at the other.

"You two," Mercedes spoke, pointing her fingers at the aforementioned. "Go fix your shit outside and if you don't get it worked out don't think about coming back in." Jungkook glanced once more to the other but Taehyung was already storming out of the gym, arms crossed.

The gym door slammed shut, seeming to almost make the metal walls ricochet. "Good luck, soldier," Yena whispered as she gave Jungkook a soft push towards the exit, only to earn a very nervous chuckle in response.

There were still a couple of whispers lingering in the air as Jungkook followed over the aforementioned, trying to take his time but was soon yelled at by Mercedes to 'hurry the fuck up.

The door closed behind Jungkook with a quiet click finding Taehyung crouched a couple of feet away, back leaning against the outer wall. There was a moment of silence between the two, Jungkook's mind was running so quickly to find something to say.

The right thing to say was definitely needed, he could see the dark storm brewing in Taehyung's head where saying the wrong thing could set him off. But Taehyung was the one to speak first.

"Fuck you."

Another awkward moment of silence, the tension so thick you would need a chainsaw to cut through it, at least that's how Jungkook felt.

"Taehyu-." He began but was immediately interrupted.

"When I say fuck you, it doesn't mean I want to talk to you Jungkook," Taehyung said coldly before glancing to the side, the cold wind ruffling his hair. Alright, so this is how it's going to go.

"Well-,"

"Let's just pretend everything's fine alright? Let's go," Taehyung huffed as he got to his feet, knees cracking. He pushed past Jungkook, making his way to go back inside.