30.

•:~:•

Taehyung chuckled softly at the sight of the dozing Jungkook, feeling a sense of relief that the younger was finally destressing.

Taehyung's red cheeks had finally died down, his hands still felt awkward as he poured conditioner into the palm of his hand before running it through Jungkook's hair. Taehyung ignored Jungkook's broad shoulders or his eyelashes that fluttered against his cheeks.

Taehyung picked up the lone plastic cup that was placed on the side of the tub, running it under the water while holding the side of his hand above Jungkook's eyes before gently pouring the cup full of water over his soapy hair.

Jungkook released a sigh as Taehyung ran his fingers through the bundles of hair, trying to get the foamy substance out, careful not to get it into the younger's eyes. Taehyung knew how painful that could be if that were to happen.

Taehyung soon finished scrubbing the shampoo out of Jungkook's hair, grabbing the bottle of conditioner and running it through the tips of Jungkook's hair before declaring himself done. He chuckled softly when he noticed Jungkook playing with the giant mountain of bubbles.

"Do you think you can finish washing yourself while I get your medicine? You still haven't taken it," Taehyung asked as he stood up in response to Jungkook slowly nodding his head in agreement.

"Okay great, I'll be right back," Taehyung murmured, making his way out of the bathroom before calling over his shoulder: "I would get out soon too before you become pruney," then exited the bathroom.

Jungkook sat there watching the closed door for a couple of seconds before grabbing the body wash and washcloth sat on the edge of the tub. Jungkook's vision felt slightly hazy but he managed to gradually wash himself, even making sure to get behind his ears.

Once Jungkook was done, he managed to pull the drain and reach for the soft towel that was sat on the toilet seat. Jungkook dried himself, basking in the warmth of the towel as the humidity of the bathroom began to dissolve.

Small drops of water cascaded down his cheeks every once in a while due to his wet hair, he attempted to wring it out with his towel but failed to successfully do so. Jungkook slipped on the shorts and sweatshirt that Taehyung had left on the bathroom counter for him.

Jungkook exited his bathroom only to find Taehyung on the floor of his bedroom giving Doug belly rubs. Taehyung seemed to notice the younger's presence, "sorry, got distracted," he murmured as he stood to his feet.

"How are you feeling now?" Taehyung asked, giving Doug one last scratch behind his ear.

"Foggy," Jungkook answered, he still felt light-headed and it felt like his legs were gonna give out from underneath him at any moment.

Taehyung nodded in response, before grabbing the abandoned pills of ibuprofen and cup of water.

"Here take this," Taehyung instructed, feeling relieved that the other didn't refuse and accepted the pills. "Are you hungry? You should probably eat. Here, lay down while I make you something."

Jungkook shook his head, "I'm not hungry though," he protested.

"That's because you're sick, Jungkook," Taehyung stated the obvious.

Jungkook honestly wanted to find any excuse to not be alone at the moment, wallowing in bed in his own sickness just made it even more depressing. Jungkook appreciated Taehyung wanting to take care of him, he would even prefer resting with Taehyung by his side.

"How about this? I'll watch one barbie-."

"Barbie?"

"Yes, one barbie movie with you, then I'll make you lunch? Does that sound like a plan?"

Jungkook thought about Taehyung's terms, "I want to watch two movies."

"Sure," Taehyung responded, agreeing to anything to just get Jungkook to rest.

"Deal," Jungkook smiled before grabbing Taehyung by the wrist and dragging the elder to his bed, catching Taehyung by surprise. "Which movie are we going to watch first?"

"Princess and the Pauper, of course," Taehyung stated the obvious, Jungkook should have expected that.

He always found barbie movies distasteful, too girly for a strong boy growing up. He remembers Somi being obsessed with all sorts of Barbie movies, especially the princess ones.

"Jungkook, don't look so down," Taehyung sang as he pressed play, getting under the covers right after.

"I promise you'll like it," Jungkook raised a skeptical eyebrow, as the first scene showed one of the main characters being adorned by various gifts and whatnot.

Jungkook shivered slightly, his room was freezing as he sat on his bed. Taehyung seemed to have noticed, "you can get under the covers y'know?" Taehyung laughed. Yeah, but it wasn't that simple, Taehyung was literally in his bed. His own bed.

"Yeah I know," Jungkook murmured, awkwardly slipping beneath the warm duvet. Jungkook tried paying attention to the movie, he was just the same as last night.

He couldn't do it, as he glanced over to Taehyung practically every five seconds, watching as the other sang along to the movie.

Jungkook sooner forced himself to pay attention to the movie, the cat that barked was his favorite character for sure and the villain was pretty cool, although he didn't remember his name.

Jungkook turned on his side to become more comfortable, he couldn't help but glance at Taehyung again, he wanted to be by the older.

A small pout fell on his lips as he glanced back at the tv, the princess was trapped in this old abandoned house. Jungkook looked back at Taehyung, the other's regard still on the tv.

Taehyung seemed to notice the glaring gaze from the side of him, locking his eyes with Jungkook who was burrowed in the blankets, the other seemed to be glaring at him.

"Do you not like it? I can change it if you want," Taehyung asked, raising his eyebrow when Jungkook's eyes widened and immediately shook his head.

"No, no, no," Jungkook stammered, suddenly finding Taehyung's stare intimidating. "It's just that I'm still cold..." That was an obvious lie but Taehyung didn't have to know that.

Taehyung processed Jungkook's words before chuckling softly. "Come on, get over here," Taehyung instructed, slightly pulling on Jungkook's sweatshirt sleeve.

Jungkook didn't waste a single second, instantly scooting over to Taehyung and burying himself in his side. "Who knew you could be so clingy," Taehyung teased, although the red on his cheeks didn't help.

"Shut up, I'm sick," Jungkook grumbled, paying attention to the movie now.

A/N: Hello I'm alive! Thank you guys so so much for 31k, and for all of the support!

I'm glad I was able to get a chapter out, my cheer team is actually going to Summit in a couple weeks (ironic right?) and we've been practicing a lot plus me coaching!

Also I love interacting with you guys so much! If you have twitter, i'm still milkbreadtae and I promise you i'm funny 😀