Backwards... again

Once again, Hari was flying backwards, spinning in circles, landing in the empty entrance hall. She had given herself three hours, she had to fully transform, which she had never done before. She had done all of her limbs at once, but never her torso and head. However now that she knew what she looked like, it might be easier. She tapped her bracelet, turning herself into Cassandra, before making her way towards the whomping willow. 

She met Draco on the way. He seemed confused to see her, but let her mend the bruise on his cheek.

She made her way into a deserted green house and and began to try to transform.

It was hard work, and time flew by. She got her limbs quickly, and then began on her torso, but the final and hardest step was her head. It just wouldn't change.... and she wouldn't shrink into her proper size until it did. 

Finally, barely 10 minutes before Lupin was to turn, she mannaged to transform herself completely. 

She felt so light, and ran in circles for a minute before catching her reflection in the glass.

She was small and brown, with bright orange ears and a white tail tip. But the most striking feature was the bright green eyes that she had kept.

 But the most striking feature was the bright green eyes that she had kept

She began to chase her tail, lost in the spirt of the fox pup, before remembering that this was not a time to play.

She dashed as fast as she could towards the whomping willow. She watched as Lupin transformed, and as Petigrew cursed Ron before changing as well. She bounded out of the bush, grabbing the rat in her mouth. Loosing focus of Sirius, Lupin chased her. She ran as fast as she could.

At the edge of the woods, he caught her with his paw, bowling her over, and that's when she realized that he saw her as a cub. So she played with the fearsome werewolf, running in circles and swiping at his tail, all the while with the rat in her mouth. 

It was only when the werewolf, uncomfortable in his form, hit a little two hard, clawing four marks in her leg. She yelped almost dropping the rat and left. Her playmate looking sadly after her, before turning back into the woods.

She made her way to where she had left Hermione, arriving just as Sirius and her past self landed.

"What now?" Hermione asked.

Fox Hari made her limping way out of the bush, placing the limp Scabbers into Hermione's open hand as she knelt down to pat the fox.

Hermione! doppleganger Hari said

"Yeah?" Hermione answered from where she was patting the fox. 

I need to use the time turner again.

And with a flash, past Hari disappeared.

"Where's Hari?" Hermione asked Sirius, shortly after her past self had left.

Sirius knelt down and picked up the tiny shivering fox. It was obvious he knew who she was. "She'll join us later." he said."Her invisibility cloak should be in her bag that you're holding. There's a hidden pocket."

Hermione nodded, handing the cloak to Sirius, who put it on.

They made their way into the castle, where everyone was panicking. Hermione went up to Professor Dumbledore and asked if she could speak to him, saying they found their proof.

Professor Dumbledore walked Hermione, The Minister of Magic, and two aurors into his office, Sirius trailing along behind with Hari. 

Hari transformed back into her human form in the anti chamber. The second she did, the pain doubled.

She waited half a minute before entering as well, leaving Sirius in the anti-chamber with the cloak.

"Minister," Hermione said, "As Professor Dumbledore most likely told you, Hari and I believe Sirius Black is innocent."

"My dear girl." The minister of magic Cornelius Fudge said, "Sirius Black is a murder who killed Peter Petigrew and 13 muggles and then escaped Askaban and tried to kill young Hari here."

Hari made her way, limping, over to where Hermione, before leaning on her.

What if we have proof? Sirius Black killed Peter Petigrew and when Petigrew went to avenge my parents, right?

"Yes, that is correct."

"We have proof that it's not." Hermione said, holding out Scabbers. "This is Peter Petigrew, he's an unregistered animagus. If someone could preform the animagus retransformation spell."

One of the aurors obliged, and Hermione dropped the rat as it transformed back into the man. 

Fudge jumped back in shock, and the aurors trained their wands on the rat.

If you gave him some vertiaserum you would find that on the day that my parents were murdered, Sirius gave the role of secret keeper to Peter. It was Sirius who went to get revenge on Peter, not the other way around. Peter faked his own death, framing Sirius.

 By then Severus had arrived at Dumbledore's summons and had viritaserum. 

By now Hari was barely standing and her leg was still bleeding. After delivering the viritaserum, Severus took one look at her. 

"Potter you're coming with me."

'What?'

He grabbed her robes and dragged her from the office. 

As soon as they were on the stairs Severus got her to turn herself into Cassandra, and then picked gently picked her up. He carried to just outside the hospital wing, then after getting her to change back, escorted her barely conscious self into the ward.

Madam Pomphrey ran over as they entered. "What has the poor girl done now?"

'Lupin' She barely managed to sign before she collapsed.

• • •

She woke up, she was in a hospital bed, the morning sun in her eyes. She looked away from the window. In the chair next to her bed was Sirius. He was here!? What!? He looked up when she moved.

"We did it! I'm a free man!"

She went to grab her wand to answer, but--

"No magic, not till tomorrow." 

At this, as he couldn't understand sign well, she just pulled him into a hug.

When she let go, Sirius looked at her, and asked her a question, a question that made her so happy she nodded, and pulled him into another hug as an answer.

Have fun with the cliff hanger! :)     Also what do you guys think of Hari's animagus form?    See you next chapter! ~ApolloLaurea