Gilderoy Lockheart

Hari spent the time at the Weasleys playing chess with Ron, hanging out with Ginny, and planning pranks with the twins. Hari's hair was back to her normal colour after about 24 hours. She also played Quidditch with them in a clearing in their orchard. She spent a good amount of time teaching Ginny Quiddich while the boys were busy. Ginny seemed really happy to have a girl in the house for once, having grown up with 6 older brothers.

They heard from Hogwarts one sunny morning about two weeks after Hari had arrived at the Burrow. 

"Letters from school," said Mr. Weasley, passing everyone identical envelopes of yellowish parchment, addressed in green ink. "Dumbledore already knows you're here, Hari"

Hari's letter told her to catch the Hogwarts Express as usual from King's Cross station on September first. There was also a list of the new books she'd need for the coming year.

SECOND-YEAR STUDENTS WILL REQUIRE:

The Standard Book of Spells, Grade 2 by Miranda Goshawk

Standard Herbology Book Grade 2 by  Talenden Frequech

Potions Year 2 by Candreon Faucet

Break with a Banshee by Gilderoy Lockhart 

Gadding with Ghouls by Gilderoy Lockhart 

Holidays with Hags by Gilderoy Lockhart

Travels with Trolls by Gilderoy Lockhart 

Voyages with Vampires by Gilderoy Lockhart 

Wanderings with Werewolves by Gilderoy Lockhart 

Year with the Yeti by Gilderoy Lockhart

Fred, who had finished his own list, peered over at Hari's.

"You've been told to get all Lockhart's books, too!" he said. "The new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher must be a fan - bet it's a witch."

At this point, Fred caught his mother's eye and quickly busied himself with the marmalade.

"That lot won't come cheap," said George, with a quick look at his parents. "Lockhart's books are really expensive ......

"Well, we'll manage," said Mrs. Weasley, but she looked worried. "I expect we'll be able to pick up a lot of Ginny's things secondhand."

Percy walked in, his Hogwarts prefect badge pinned to his sweater vest. He'd been bragging about it constantly
"Morning, all," said Percy briskly. "Lovely day."
He sat down in the only remaining chair but leapt up again almost immediately, pulling from underneath him a moulting, gray feather duster - at least, that was what Hari thought it was, until she saw that it was breathing.

"Errol!" said Ron, taking the limp owl from Percy and extracting a letter from under its wing. "Finally - he's got Hermione's answer. I wrote to her saying you had been rescued from the Dursleys."

He carried Errol to a perch just inside the back door and tried to stand him on it, but Errol flopped straight off again so Ron lay him on the draining board instead. Then he ripped open Hermione's letter, Hari read it over his shoulder:

           Dear Ron, and Hari if you're there,

          I hope everything went all right and that Hari is okay and that you didn't do anything illegal to get her out, Ron, because that would get Hari into trouble, too. I've been really worried and if Hari is all right, will you please let me know at once, but perhaps it would be better if you used a different owl because I think another delivery might finish your one off.