Kreacher

They whooshed out of the fire place and Sirius, who was sitting at the kitchen table, fell off his chair backwards and turned into a dog in surprise.

Said dog bowled her over as he ran up and jumped on her, his tail wagging in circles of excitement. 

He changed back into himself, swinging her in a circle in his arms before setting her back down on her feet. "Hari! What are you doing here?"

#) Meet Dobby and Winky, they are now both staying with us. Dobby's who I told you about. (#

"Malfoy's one that you freed in second year right?"

"That's me Mr Black Sir."

#) And Winky worked for Mr Crouch. (#

"I remember you, you were sacked after the whole quiditch cup incident."

Winky nodded sadly, "Yes sir, Master Crouch fired Winky sir. Winky is a bad elf!"

#) No you're not a bad elf, it's not your fault. (# 

"Yay!" Sirius cheered, "I can finally sack Kreacher."

Hari crossed her arms, #) You will NOT be sacking Kreacher. (#

"I know you made some progress with him over the summer but he's still nasty to everyone else."

#) You mean literally just you, he's polite enough to Remus. (#

Just then the werewolf in question walked into the hall, "What's going- Oh, hello Hari. Why are you here in the middle of the school year?"

#) I rescued these two from Dumb-old-dore. (#

Remus gave her a look, "You really shouldn't call him that."

#) He can't hear me. (#

 "Still"

She stuck her tongue out at him, jinxed Sirius's cup while he wasn't paying attention, then beckoned the elves to follow her into the pantry. 

#)Can you two wait here please? (#

She ducked through the small door in the back of the pantry that she and Kreacher had discovered last summer and knocked on the first door in the passage. Kreacher opened the door, leaving the room that contained what upon Hari's arrival to the house had been a raged blanket and was now a fluffy nest. It had been in the pantry, but upon finding the house elf quarters last summer, she had helped him patch everything up and brought it into the first room.

#) Hi there Kreacher. (#

He gave a small nod, "Potter miss." He followed her pack out into the Pantry.

#) This is Dobby (# He gave a bow, #) And Winky (# a nervous wave, #) They were working at Hogwarts after I freed Dobby from Lucius Malfoy and Winky was fired after being blamed for the quidditch world cup fiasco. They're going to be staying with us now.(# 

She turned to the two other elves, #) Don't worry about what I said to Dumbledore. You're not slaves or anything - you can work if you want. (# She said quickly to Winky, who had given her a look, #)But just help Kreacher get this nasty house clean and run occasional errands for me if I summon one of you. (#

She paused as the elves nodded, #) How much am I paying- (# She cut off as Winky shook her head. #)I know you don't want to be payed Winky, but how much am I paying you, Dobby? (#

"Hari Potter doesn't need to pay Dobby miss, Dobby is honoured just to be working for miss Hari Potter." The elf said, nodding exuberantly. 

#) I am paying you. How much was Dumbledore paying you? (#

"A Galleon a week miss, but you doesn't need to be paying me."

#) I will be paying you a Galleon a week then, unless you want more. (#

"No, no that is already too much miss Hari Potter miss."

#) I will be, and you don't need to keep calling me miss. Just Hari is fine. The same goes you two as well. (# She told Winky and Kreacher, #) No need to call me miss Hari Potter, just Hari is fine. Make sure you still call Sirius Sir cause he's used to that but I'm sure Remus is fine with Mr Lupin. (#

There was a small tug on her sleeve, she looked down to see Kreacher. "Could miss Potter-" He swallowed, "Could miss Hari pay Kreacher too?"

"I wish I could pay you Kreacher, but I can't. You work for Sirius, not me, but I will talk to him about it. If I can't convince him to pay you, then I can just give you a galleon a week."

"I just wants a sickle miss Hari, not galleons. House elves don't need that much money."

#) Alright, I'll do that,(# she gave him a smile. #)Could you show these two their rooms? (# Hari nodded to the small door that lead to the many quarters.

Kreacher nodded, "Follow me," and the three disappeared down the hallway.

Hari turned, making her way back into the kitchen.

Remus and Sirius were having a conversation which stopped as she entered the kitchen. She ignored that fact and asked cheerfully #)Hey Sirius, could we pay Kreacher? (#

"What! Why?"

#) Cause I'm paying Dobby to work for me and Kreacher asked whether he could be payed as well. (#

"I'm not paying him."

She gave him puppy eyes.

"I'm not paying him."

#) Alright, he's going to be receiving a sickle weekly definitely not from me. (#

"You can't just do that cub." He raised his mug to drink from his coffee and several things happened quickly in the next few seconds.

The cup that Hari had jinxed bit Sirius on the nose. A large black dog pounced towards a girl. A small brown fox skittered under the counter where the large dog couldn't reach her, and the only human left burst into laughter.

•  •  •

Hari made her way back to the common room after leaving McGonagall's fireplace and joined Ron and Hermione on the couch. Ron, ignoring Hermione's jubilation upon being informed that another elf was now being paid, challenged Hari to a game of chess. Now, Ron was amazing at chess, and Hari had no strategy what so ever so their games were never all-together serious.

It wasn't very long into the game when Ron went to get a snack. When he returned, Hari's six captured pieces, whom she had equipped with tiny shovels, finished digging their way through the centre of the board. The hole they had dug magically sealed itself as Ron exasperatedly watched.

"Why are the six pieces I captured back on the board, and right next to my king?"

#) While you were distracted, they escaped their guards, tunnelled to safety and emerged out of a drain in the middle of your royal palace. (#

"No they did not."

#) Yes they did. You just watched them. (#

Ron scowled, "Stop enchanting your board or we're playing with my board next time."

Hari just stuck her tongue out at him. He still beat her in the end anyway.