Next Day

You're all in for a heck of a ride.... enjoy

It was eight thirty-five pm the next day, a Friday, and Hari was waiting at the edge of the bridge leading to the forbidden forest, under her invisibility cloak. She checked her watch, Draco was very late and the moon would be rising soon. She paced back and forth, worried.

The door opened and Draco walked out, immediately leaning tiredly on the side of the bridge, eyes gleaming unnaturally brightly in the dusk as Hari waited for Severus, on the other side, to close the door, before pulling the cloak off herself.

#) Hey, (# she said, leaning under him to pull his arm over her shoulder and support his weight. #) I've got you, I know you're late but don't worry I'll get you to the forest. (# 

"I'm fine." Draco frowned, "Just tired." Hari frowned, worried, noticing just how much of his weight was on her. She was barely holding him up at this point, their size difference quite noticeable. She pulled her hair over her far shoulder with her free hand, grabbing the shrunken broom out of her pocket. "Are you feeling nauseous or can we take my broom there?"

He leaned more against her, "I feel like I'm going to throw up but we need to get there fast and you're a smooth flier and I can close my eyes." He slid sideways onto her and he almost hit the ground as she attempted to catch him. "I'm not sure I can walk all the way there anyway, it's taking enough energy to hold back the transformation as it is."

Hari nodded, helping him into the broom and then sitting down as it wobbled wildy until she took control, feeling as he wrapped his arms around her waist and buried his face in her hair. Breath warm and shaky against the cold winter air.

Hari took off and flew low to the ground, speeding across the bridge and down the path past Hagrid's hut. Raising a hand to her eyes to shield them from the snow, glasses tucked safely in the pocket of her bag. 

She could feel her heart beating out of her chest, as she counted down the precious seconds. Not much farther, they would be there soon and they'd be safe. 

They stopped deep into the forest in a clearing. Landing as gently as she could, she helped him off the broom as he leaned against her.

#) Did you take your wolfsbane? (#

"Slight problem with that," he rambled anxiously "Pansy might have put sugar in it but I didn't know till after I'd actually drank it and I can't overdose it and take more and I don't know if she actually put it in and it'll only be half effective and I'm gonna hurt someone and I'm gonna hurt you and-"

#) Woah... Woah, breath.... (# She said, crouching down to where he'd slid to the ground and grabbing his shaking hands. #) I'm here and will make sure nothing happens. Nothing's going to happen ok? I know you've been having a really tough week and you're exhausted but I've got you, ok. Nothing bad is going to happen. (#

He nodded, leaning forwards against her tiredly, "Thank you, I'm sorry for yesterday, I was just-"

#) Affected by the moon, I get it, it's alright. (#

"That's not what I-" He crumpled forwards suddenly into her. Hari glanced up, the moon had finally appeared.

She laid him gently on the ground trying to stop him from hitting his head as he transformed, then backed away slowly.

The light grey-blond wolf raised his head, steel blue eyes flashed, and at that second Hari knew that there had been sugar in his potion.

She decided to take a risk, and stayed in her human form, walking slowly and unthreateningly towards the wolf, her transformation coiled tightly, springloaded in her magic so she could transform in a split second.