Severus

I guess we finally get to know what happened, don't we >:)

[Snape's POV]

It was early morning and Severus Snape was working on grading several long boring potions essays. These were fourth years, they should know how to spell by now. 

He briefly considered lighting them on all fire and giving them all a barely passing mark. No, that was unprofessional and unethical.

He sighed, dipping his quill into his bright red ink again, at least he'd get to see the looks on their papers when they saw them covered in tidy red squiggles.

[Author note: or maybe we don't get to know what happened...

Just kidding, I'm not that evil, on with the story]

There was a bang, he looked up but couldn't identify the source.

The bang came again, it was at his office door.

The banging continued as he walked towards it, what could anyone want this early in the morning. If it was one of the Ravenclaws with another unending barrage of questions on things they could find in the text book he'd drop their mark by 20%

He grabbed the iron handle and pulled the heavy door open.

Outside stood Remus Lupin, leaning against the doorframe and holding something in his arms.

Severus looked again, the thing in Remus' arms was Hari, her body was limp, head on his shoulder and hair across her expressionless face. Her eyes were closed and he couldn't tell if she was breathing.

Severus shut the door behind him as Remus carried her. "Shit! What happened!?"

"Voldemort. Ministry of magic. Prophecy"

"What happened to Hari!?"

"Voldemort hit her with Avada Kedavra-"

Severus felt the floor tilt under him like a wave, staggering sideways into the wall, almost missing the rest of the sentence.

"and somehow survived." Remus quickly added.

"What!?" Severus gasped out, clutching his chest as he forced himself to breath."How?"

"I don't know," Remus said, "I saw it hit her in the chest, but when I ran up to her, she was breathing, barely, but she was."

"She did it again? But Lily-" he paused, that was not information he could reveal. "I didn't understand. What else happened?" he asked quickly, working rapidly as he talked, leading Remus to the spare room of in his quarters and pushing the books off the bed there, not caring as a few of them were ripped they were scattered on the floor.

"From what I saw, least 3 crutiatus curses, ligilimency, possessed."

"I-"

Lupin placed her gently on the bed."I figured you'd be the best equipped to help her."

"You were correct in that assumption."

Severus immediately began a series of diagnostic scans, his heart dropping lower with every result he got. He turned back to Lupin. "He severely damaged her magical core, used the crutiatus at least 8 times. Used multiple other dark curses. It should be a while before we see any changes, you can stay if you wish."

"I will stay, the full moon isn't till tonight."

He quickly went to work, gathering potions in his office.