Chapter 64: Game of Masks

Start from the beginning

"I didn't need you to find the mask. It would've already been mine had your idiot friends not stolen Wu from us" Harumi grins evilly

Lloyd stares disbelievingly at her "The baby is Master Wu?"

"I could've told you that" Aria said

Harumi walks up to Lloyd as he tries to move away "I knew to keep you close. Not everything goes to plan. Give me the mask" She grabs the mask and moved away as Aria blasted fire at her.

"I can't let you bring my father back. Not like that" Lloyd said

"Well, then if you won't give it to me..." Harumi spins on her right leg, back kicks him with the left. Knocking Lloyd to the ground and the mask out of his hands "Then I will take it!"

Aria shot a dark energy ball that hit Harumi in the gut sending her back "My idiotic team might not have suspected you, but I'm not as stupid"

"Obviously, at first I tried to get rid of you, but you're just terrifying" Harumi said "so how about you join us"

"What?!" Lloyd shouted

"what?" Aria questioned

"Overlord Aria, your family was stripped of their royal tittle, your grandparents kills, your parents killed by Wu and Garmadon with the elemental masters, your father was just recently killed again by Lloyd and the rest of the ninja" Harumi walked to her "isn't it time they all payed the price, after all you are your father's daughter... aren't you?"

Lloyd lunges at Harumi and pins her to the ground "Aria's a ninja, she's done more good in her entire life then you ever have! She's nothing like her father! She's a real princess!"

"I never asked to be a princess" Harumi presses Lloyd onto his back "Just as I never asked to be an orphan, but you gifted me that!"

Lloyd throws her onto her back "How did I do that?"

"The Great Devourer. It was too strong" Harumi pushes Lloyd slowly onto his back "Too big for you and your friends" she laughs softly "Oh, Lloyd. You aren't so naive to think no one got hurt that day, did you?" Lloyd gets up, throwing her onto the ground. She gets up, slowly with her fist raised "It wasn't until the almighty Lord Garmadon saved the day! But he couldn't save my family" She looks sadly at the ground "It was too late. I died that day, too!"

Lloyd shook his head angrily "Feeding the poor, acting scared? It was all an act?"

"Ah, yes. The damsel in distress. You Ninja really are from another time" Harumi said

"The Emperor and Empress?" Lloyd questioned

"They were never my parents! To protect Ninjago, I had to repress those feelings. I had to wear a mask until the time came for me to take control. I had to be smarter, stronger" Harumi responded

"You were never protecting Ninjago. You were only after revenge" Lloyd said

"Tell me, Lloyd, how many times has Ninjago almost fallen on your watch? How many times have you Ninja failed and let others pay the price? You're not our protectors. You're just a bunch of little kids playing dress up. Ninjago is my home too. And with your father by my side, we can return it to glory. Give it the leader it truly des—" Harumi goes after the mask but Lloyd grabs it.

"Then... I guess this is goodbye" Lloyd throws the mask off the cliff 

Harumi jumps off the ledge, she grabs it before grabbing the ledge and pulling herself up.

"Good job Lloyd" Aria stood next to him "throw it right to her instead of giving it to me to destroy"

Harumi ran out of the cave destroying it in the process

"If we don't get out now we're going to be buried alive" Aria looks around "but their's no exit"

"I got it" Lloyd picks her up and airjitzu's out the top

-

Harumi arrives where the Ninja and Sons of Garmadon are.

"The Quiet One has the mask. We have all three!" Killow shouted and The Sons of Garmadon cheer.

Harumi smirked "Now I believe we have a ceremony to attend to. Take the ship."

"Not so fast" Kai said and the Ninja surround them.

Jay laughed "Haha. Looks like we have the upper—"

More Sons of Garmadon show up and surround them.

Oh, now isn't this a lovely pickle?" Ultra Violet smiled evilly

Kai stepped forward "This can end one of two ways: either you hand the masks over peacefully—"

"I don't even have to know the rest of the choices. I like that one." Jay interrupted

"Or what?" Harumi asks

"Or we'll have to get all Ninja up on ya" Kai replied

Harumi looked confused "What does that even mean?"

Kai got frustrated "I don't know ok! I was improvising. Usually Aria or Lloyd does the talking. But you switched sides and he isn't here. B—Where's Lloyd and Aria!?"

Lloyd and Aria were thrown from the waterfall.

Cole pointed up "There they are"

The Ninja catch them.

"never let Lloyd use airjitzu after years of no practice" Aria dusted off her skirt

Lloyd stood up "You guys, Rumi is the Quiet One

"We kind of got that much" Kai said

The monster Crabby from the lake attacked.

"We have to get you out of here, Quiet One" Ultra Violet said 

They leave on the Bounty, then Zane freezes Crabby.

"Get me close" Lloyd commanded

"I'm on it. Zane, I need an assist" Nya and Zane use their powers to make a path of ice to the Bounty.

Lloyd then Spinjitzus up the path to land on the anchor of the ship. He climbed up and was immediately grabbed by Killow and they put vengestone cuffs on him so he couldn't use his powers.

"Lloyd!" Aria shouts and turns into a dragon

"Aria don't!" Kai shouts

Harumi holds a knife to Lloyd's throat "Stand down or you can say goodbye to your sweetheart"

Aria landed on the bounty and turned back to her human form. Ultra Violet walked over and put vengestone cuffs on her as well. They sat the two down next to each other and went to celebrate.

"So what do you think they want?" Lloyd asks

"I don't know" Aria sighs "but whatever happens at least we're together and I can still save your ass"

"Not the time for jokes sweetie" Lloyd shook his head

Aria chuckles "It's always time for jokes"