Chapter 59: The Jade Princess

En başından başla

"Nothing happened" Lloyd held her hand "I promise, I-"

Aria pulled her hand away "You made a mistake once, don't make another"

Lloyd sighed and followed behind her silently

-

The next day the Ninja train.

Cole chuckled "Moonlit walks on the canal, sharing food. Sounds a lot like a date. Ah!"

Cole was interrupted by Aria throwing a fire ball at him.

"It was not a date" Lloyd said

"A date: a social or romantic engagement. Often involving a meal or an intimate setting" Zane explained

Jay laughed "Haha! You can't argue with a Nindroid Ah!"

Jay was interrupted by Aria kicking him in the gut.

"Aria's jealousy is turning to our pain- not the face!" Kai got kicked in the chest sending him into the wall

"Aria is my girlfriend!" Lloyd shouts "I have been in love with her since we were little and nothing is going to change that"

"Thank you Lloyd" Aria dusted off her skirt

"Last night I was just being nice" Lloyd sighed "I have no romantic interest in Harumi"

-

Cole sees Hutchins enter a passageway. He follows and sees Blast Sap, he quickly grabs him communicator "Blast Sap. Guys, we've got a big problem. Blast Sap—There's Blast Sap—I saw a—"

Lloyd picked up his communicator "Cole, you're not coming in. You have a bad signal"

The Blast Sap starts to trigger, Cole panicked and started running out "We gotta get everyone out of here. The whole palace is rigged to explode. It was Hutchins!"

"We have to get the Royal Family out of here!" Kai shouted

The palace explodes and they were approached by Sons of Garmadon. The Sons of Garmadon enter the palace.

Lloyd grabbed Hutchins "You did this! You helped them!"

"I had nothing to do with this" Hutchins said

"Cole said he saw you in the tunnels. With the explosives!" Lloyd shouted

"Whatever your friend saw, it wasn't me. I have served this house for the better part of my life, and have sworn to protect the Royal Family. Watch out!" Hutchins saves Lloyd from Ultra Violet's sai.

"You saved me" Lloyd said surprised

"Does anyone have eyes on the Princess?" Hutchins asked

Zane saw her and protected her "Come with me, Princess. We need to get you out of here"

Zane freezes Ultra Violet and the ninja group together

Lloyd sighed "good you're okay"

Harumi looked around "But what about the mask?

They see Mr. E. grab the mask of vengeance and he puts it on. He gained 4 arms.

Jay shrugged "Really? Four arms? Pfft. Like that's new"

The four fight against Mr. E, but with the Mask of Vengeance, he overpowers them and breaks the case holding the Mask of Deception. Before he can take it, Kai sends a fireball at the mask, which destroys it.

Nya ran in at that moment"Uh, I think my brother just destroyed the Mask of Deception"

Lloyd turned around "What?"

"That one was a fake. I procured the real one from the vaults below" Hutchins pulls out the real mask "Forgive me, your Highness, it is the Mask if Deception. I wasn't sure if I could trust the Ninja. But I do now" He reveals a passage under the throne "Take it. And get the Princess out of here!"

"But what about my parents?" Harumi asked

"I'll find them. I was wrong about you. Go!" Hutchins said before leaving

Lloyd eyes widened "Aria, Nya where's Aria"

"Don't worry about her just get the princess out of here" Nya demanded

Lloyd and Harumi leave the Palace grounds on a motorcycle with the Mask of Deception, and Ultra Violet and several Sons of Garmadon goons chase after them. After a long chase, Ultra Violet takes the Mask of Deception from Lloyd and Harumi, then she and her goons chase them down to the docks. Lloyd takes Harumi onto a boat, then fires it up, revealing it to be the Destiny's Bounty, and they escape from Ultra Violet's grasp.

"Whoa. I've never seen the city from this high before" Harumi said

"Your highness, welcome aboard the Destiny's Bounty" Lloyd said

-

The roof of the palace collapsed in front of the door and was on fire.

"We can't get out!" Kai shouted

"All exits are blocked off" Nya said

"Stand back!"

The ninja's stepped back as a powerful blast of dark energy ripped through the piles of ruble. The ninjas turned around and smiled.

"Aria!" The ninjas shouted happily

"let's get out of here!" she shouts running past them

"right" they all followed her

As the sun rises, the other Ninja are climbing the highway, having escaped the destruction of the Royal Palace. Lloyd picks them up in the Destiny's Bounty. Lloyd immediately hugged Aria.

"You're safe" Lloyd sighed in relief "I was worried you'd disappear again"

"Sorry I worried you" Aria said wrapping her arms around his neck "we're all ok"

"From now on you're not allowed to leave my sight" Lloyd poked her nose and she laughed

"I make no promises" Aria smiled

Harumi stepped up "The Emperor and Empress? Where is Hutchins? Did they—"

"I'm sorry, Princess. They didn't make it" Nya replied sadly

Kai looked at Lloyd "What about the mask?" Lloyd shakes his head, Kai then turned to Ha I promise you, we'll find the people responsible for this.

Harumi frowned "Once again, I am alone"

"You're with us now. And we'll make sure to find out who is behind all this. They are not going to get away" Lloyd said

As the ninja's comforted Harumi, Aria glared at them with glowing dark purple eyes.

"Aria" Lloyd covered her eyes "calm down"

Aria's eyes turned back to green and she moved Lloyd's hand "I don't understand what's wrong with me"

"It's ok, we're going to figure it out" Lloyd kissed her forehead

Aria ran her hand though Lloyd's hair and looked worried "half of your hair is silver"

"Don't worry about it" Lloyd held her hands "I have everything under control"

He kissed her forehead and walked to the ninja

Aria stares at him "...he knows"