Zara hadn't cleared up the number of dates or how frequent they were. I had decided to milk every chance. We had a date every single day this week. Between that and the number of classes she will spend with me, I am sure to make some headway.

I hope Jem has had similar luck like her mate. She won't be able to blackmail Jason like I did with Zara, but she can be efficient when she wants to. I am not proud of blackmailing Zara but I would do it again if I had to.

Zara won't be happy when she finds out I have made so many dinner reservations this week. Or that I changed class schedules. But she is just going to have to bear with it. Besides I can't have her traipsing all around campus flaunting herself as an available potential partner to those hungry males.

It will give people the wrong impression. I needed them to know I had a claim on her. And that no one was allowed to approach her.

The door opened and Drake popped in, bringing me out of my thoughts.

"I have all the information here." He said handing me a folder.

"Are you sure you want to look through this? There is some pretty intense stuff there. And it can ruin your mood well... for a while." He said, rubbing the back of his neck.

I raised an eyebrow.

I skimmed through the background checks of Anastasia and her children. As Alpha's Dex's sister, this apple had fallen quite far from the tree.

I skipped to the part of her stay with Zara, and like I had requested the there was a special section of what Zara had endured under her care.

I had to clench my hand so that the pain would stop me from shifting. My breathing grew heavy.

What is this?

Whipping, flogging, burning, cutting?

As lists and lists of detailed descriptions of what they had done to my mate fell on my lap, I felt my control slipping more.

Xavier who was in an unusually good mood until now was growling maliciously, demanding I take action against them.

I flipped through the pages as my beta grew more and more nervous from my silence.

The dreadful silence as I learned almost all of the horrible experience my mate had to go through. In detail. Up until the point of her aunt and cousins creating a fuss over the new room I had assigned her and the beach trip drama with Sierra.

I was glad she had learned to handle herself a bit with her aunt after she came back though. All three years still remained a mystery. And if Drake can't find out,  no one can.

What was she doing? Forming an alliance with vampires?

There were great cheats here, however. Likes, dislikes, pet peeves. At least ones before she left. I could use all of them.

I read through all the pain she was forced through. I didn't allow myself a reprieve out of it. If she went through it, I can read it.

I silently plotted Anastasia's end all the while. I will rip her skin ten times more for very scar she had left on Zara, visible or invisible.

Death would be too kind for someone like her.

As alpha, there is a certain modicum of behavior expected from me. I couldn't just go about punishing people as I wanted. I needed to find an excuse to bring them to justice. I would personally see to it.

And oh, once I have them on the palm of my hand...

I wouldn't even spare David, who seems to have been a wordless onlooker on most of Anastasia's schemes.