💛✨💧 Across the Stars (Part 3)

A/N

This is your dialogue warning. Once again, not my writing, it's George Lucas' and his writers. Also I usually split these down the middle, but this one might be a hair longer than the second/fourth part because I really wanna end on one specific line and start the next chapter accordingly.

***

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away...

***

War! The Republic is crumbling under attacks by the ruthless Sith Lord, Count Beck. There are heroes on both sides. Evil is everywhere.

In a stunning move, the fiendish droid leader, General Octavious, has swept into the Republic capital and kidnapped Chancellor Thanos, leader of the Galactic Senate.

As the Separatist Droid Army attempts to flee the besieged capital with their valuable hostage, two Jedi Knights lead a desperate mission to rescue the captive Chancellor. . . .

***

For the first time in a thousand years, war had come to the space above Coruscant. The Clone Wars had taken its toll on every system in the galaxy for four long years. And now that the Chancellor was held captive, it was all coming to a head.

In two starfighters, one red and one yellow, Jedi Knights Thor Kenobi and Loki Skywalker maeuvered their way around Republic cruisers and command ships. Their clone soldiers kept a close watch on their flanks as they shot down or avoided Separatist ships and droids.

"Lock onto him, Artoo." Loki told his faithful astromech companion on the outside of his starfighter, providing information and the occasional circuit patch up. "Master, General Octavious's ship is directly ahead. The one crawling with Vulture droids."

"Oh, I see it. Oh, this is going to be easy." Thor said with semi-sarcastic confidence. "Oddball, do you copy?"

"Copy, Red Leader." Thor's clone pilot on his flank replied.

"Mark my position, Form your squad up behind me."

"We're on your tail, General Kenobi. Set S-foils in attack position."

An entire squadron of Vulture Droids had formed up in front of the Republic squadron. And they weren't exactly going for a friendly greeting.

"This is where the fun begins." Loki said with a smile.

"Let them pass between us." Thor said. It was a hail of blaster fire as the clone pilots collided with the Vulture droids. It gave the Jedi the window they needed to keep moving forward.

"They're all over me. Get them off my--" one of the pilots said before his radio turned to static.

"I'm gonna go help them out." Loki said.

"No. No, they are doing their job so we can do ours." Thor ordered.

"Missiles, pull up!"

"They overshot us."

"They're coming around. Surge all power units, Artoo. Stand by reverse thrusters." The starfighter started to do a barrel roll, confusing the missiles until the crashed into each other and exploded. "We got 'em, Artoo."

The droid beeped happily in response.

"I'm hit. Loki?" Thor called.

"I see them. Buzz droids." Loki replied, swinging around to help his friend. Buzz droids were droids that looked somewhat like flies, but their prime directive was to latch onto enemy ships and carefully destroy them by digging into the metal and frying circuts.