💙 The Endgame (Part 2)

~Asgard, 2013~

After Thor and Olivia sent Rocket to look for Jane (as Thor clearly wasn't able to do it), Frigga walked down the hall with her court ladies, but she soon stopped, seeming to sense something.

"My ladies, I'll see you after. Go on." She told them, sending them along. She started walking to a particular pillar... the one that Thor was hiding behind.

"What are you doing?" she asked him.

"Ahh!" Thor yelped in surprise. Olivia poked her head around the next pillar over, the one she was hiding behind.

"You're better off leaving the sneaking to your brother." Frigga told Thor. She turned to Olivia, now walking over to the two. Olivia tried and failed to hold back, running and embracing Frigga,

"Fr-... Mother." she whispered, close to crying.

"And I thought you were down in the dungeons. Where's your purple cape? I don't think I've seen the green one." Frigga asked as Olivia pulled away. Olivia had no answer.

"Yeah, I was simply just going for a walk, and uh..." Thor interrupted.

"What are you wearing?" Frigga asked her son. Olivia cringed slightly in remembering Thor was wearing what she called the "Lazy Fat Guy" outfit.

"I always wear this. This is one of my favorites." Thor said quickly.

"What's wrong with your eye?" Frigga asked, putting a hand on Thor's face.

"Oh, my eye. That's... you remember the Battle of Haroquin? When I got hit in the face with a broadsword?" Thor explained. Olivia rolled her eyes.

"You're not the Thor I know at all, are you?" Frigga asked, before turning to Olivia. "And you're not the Olivia I know."

"Yes, I am." Thor said. Olivia said nothing, just stared at the floor and picked at her lip.

"The future hasn't been kind to either of you, has it?" Frigga asked.

"We didn't say we're from the future." Thor said.

"I was raised by witches, boy. I see with more than eyes, and you know that." Frigga said, holding up a single finger. "And you're accompanied by two people with those gifts." She pointed to Olivia.

"One, actually." Olivia said, biting down on her lip hard as her eyes went misty again.

"We are totally, totally from the future!" Thor finally admitted, tears falling.

"Yes, you are." Frigga said.

"We really need to talk to you." Olivia said.

"We can talk." Frigga said kindly. The group walked to Frigga's chambers and sat down on chairs and couches. The two future dwellers slowly recounted what had happened starting with the refugee vessel. It was a good several minutes that they conversed.

"His head was over there... His body over there... What was the point? I was too late. I was just standing there. Some idiot with an axe." Thor finished.

"You're no idiot. You're here aren't you? Seeking counsel from the wisest person in Asgard." Frigga said calmly.

"I guess, yeah." Thor said.

"Idiot? No. A failure? Absolutely." Frigga said.

"That's a little bit harsh." Olivia said, again, picking at her lip.

"You do know what that makes you? Just like everyone else." Frigga explained.

"I'm not supposed to be like everyone else, am I?" Thor asked.