❤✨ Prank War

A/N

I love these little SHIELD Recruit Survival Tips things. I find them all the time on Pinterest. I stumbled upon this one a few days ago, and with a little help, I developed a few ideas.

***

This is crazy, this is crazy, this is crazy. Maya thought to herself one afternoon. Her cookie dough was finished and she only had to do one last thing. She took a full salt shaker out of the cabinet and dumped it's contents into the batter. All of it. She mixed it in and formed the dough balls in her hands. She put them on a cookie sheet and began to bake them in the oven.

Peter Parker and Maya Adams don't need reasons to dare each other to do things. They can just walk up to each other and say things like "I dare you to hide Thor's shampoo." and the like. But today was different. Peter approached Maya that morning with a new dare.

"I dare you to make a plate of cookies with salt in them and give the platter to Loki." He had said.

"Do you hate me that much? That is a) most likely going to get me killed and b) is going to fail. You can't prank the prank master!" She said, horrified.

"I'll take the fall if worst comes to worst." Peter replied, handing her a printout of a chocolate chip cookie recepie. Maya rolled her eyes, but went to the kitchen.

Maya took it a step further and pulled out a container of green Funfetti icing and put salt in that as well. Start writing my obituary, Peter. She thought as she mixed the icing. That's where she was when Clint strolled in.

"What smells so good?" He asked.

"Nothing for you." Maya replied, waving the green icing covered spoon in his face.

"Talked down to by a teenager. What's next?" Clint said sarcastically.

"My funeral." Maya said, still stirring aggressively. "Or maybe Peter's, it depends on how this goes."

"The hell does that mean?" Clint asked.

"None of your birdy business." Maya said, now pulling out an oven mit from a drawer. Clint raised his hands in surrender and walked out. Maya pulled the cookies out and began to frost them, thinking of her story to tell when she presents the cookies.

"You looked sad so I made cookies?" No, for once, Loki's been in a good mood the past few days. "I made cookies, you want some?" That works. Maya said as she stacked the cookies on a platter.

She made her way to the lounge where the Avengers were gathered as usual. She put on a smile and winked at Peter, who sat nearby.

"Hey, Loki, want a cookie?" Maya asked sweetly. Out of the corner of her eye, she could see Peter containing his laughter. He did a good job, but his cheeks were growing red and he was biting his lip.

"Sure, I guess." Loki replied, reaching for one. Tony tried to take one as well, but Maya gave him a degrading look.

"Not for you, Tony." Maya said. Tony, albeit a bit shocked, drew his hand back. In return, Loki gave Tony a smug look that said 'See, I'm more well liked than you,' and he took a bite of the cookie.

His mouth contorted and his eyes went wide. He shot up and filled a glass with water from the nearby bar area and drank it down, spitting it into the sink. At this point, Peter and Maya exploded in laughter as Maya set down the rest of the booby trap cookies. Clint, Tony, and Pietro joined in as while they didn't understand how or the details, Maya did the impossible. Olivia ran up from her seat to where Loki was and filled another glass for him, asking if he was alright, patting his back, and the like.