💙 Civil War (Part 1)

A/N

I have no good excuse. I have so much writing on my plate and I decide 'fuck it, CIVIL WAR, BITCH!'

Anyways, here we go

(Multiverse 419, btw)

***

Lagos, Nigeria

"All right, what do you see?" Steve asked over the radio. Wanda poured some sugar in her cup and gently stirred it. Carson, who sat across from her, letting a small handful of sprinkles fall onto the whipped cream on top of his hot chocolate. They gently fell into the cream or occasionally bounced off the marshmallows inside as well. It was well known that Carson enjoyed those little childlike things because of the childhood he was robbed of.

"Standard beat cops. Small station. Quiet street. It's a good target." Wanda replied, bringing the cup to her lips.

"There's an ATM in the south corner, which means..." Steve added.

"Cameras." Carson said.

"Both cross streets are one way."

"So, compromised escape routes."

"Means our guy doesn't care about being seen, he isn't afraid to make a mess on the way out. You see that Range Rover halfway up the block?"

"Yeah, the red one? It's cute." Wanda commented.

"It's also bulletproof, which means private security, which means more guns, which means more headaches for somebody. Probably us." Natasha said over the radio.

"You guys know I can move things with my mind, right?"

"Looking over your shoulder needs to become second nature."

"Anybody ever tell you you're a little paranoid?" Sam Wilson, aka the Falcon, asked.

"Not to my face. Why? Did you hear something?" Nat asked. Carson suppressed a short of laughter, pretending to cough into his mug.

"Eyes on target, folks. This is the best lead we've had on Rumlow in six months. I don't want to lose him." Steve cut in.

"If he sees us coming that won't be a problem. He kind of hates us." Sam added.

"Sam, see that garbage truck? Tag it." Steve said. Carson and the others waited calmly for a response.

"Give me X-ray." Sam said to Redwing, his drone. "That truck's loaded for max weight. And the driver's armed."

"It's a battering ram." Nat said.

"Go. Now." Steve said.

"What?" Carson asked as he and Wanda stood up suddenly.

"He's not hitting the police."

That was their cue to break for their target, the Institute for Infectious Diseases. Nearby, they could hear a crash as something (most likely the garbage truck) hit the entrance. The popping noise of gunfire and the crashing noise of breaking glass followed as heavily armored soldiers emerged.

"Body armor, AR-15's. I make 7 hostiles." Steve said.

"I make 5." Sam said shortly after. Wanda flew in with Carson floating behind her, suspended by her energy.

"Sam!" Wanda called, flinging a soldier over to him.

"Four." Carson added.

"Rumlow's on the third floor." Sam reported using Redwing.