💜✨Reach of Your Goddesshood

"Why aren't I a goddess?" Olivia asked one day, flopping down on a sofa next to Loki.

"If it helps, you are in my eyes." He replied, his eyes still glued to the page in his book.

"I'm being serious. And that statement loses it's luster when we're surrounded by divinity." Olivia protested.

"What would you rather I call you? Princess? Queen? Darling?" Loki asked, still not meeting her gaze.

"We can talk about pet names later. Why aren't I a goddess?"

"Not everyone here is a god or goddess."

"But there's a big difference between other people and me, the war orphan the Royal family took in who's-"

"Being courted by the prince, I get it. But not having a specific divinity doesn't make you less of a person." Loki finally looked at her, sincerity in his words.

"But... Loki, think about it. Odin, Allfather, God of Poetry, War, and Wisdom. Frigga, Allmother, Goddess of Motherhood and Marriage. Thor, God of Thunder, Fertility, and also War. Loki, God of Chaos, Mischief, Stories, among other things. And his wife-"

"Wife?"

"It's a hypothetical how the story will be written, but that's not the point. Loki, you're the god of so many things and I want to be more than just your lover in history." Olivia sighed.

"But that's a good thing to be remembered for." Loki said. Olivia pursed her lips before standing up. She kissed his forehead gently.

"Loki, I love you, but you're not helping." She said, drawing away and leaving the library. Olivia wandered the halls, tracing her fingers on the patterns inset into the doors and walls she passed. She didn't understand why her worries were so hard for Loki to get. Even the seamstress, Brina, had a title. Goddess of precision. Surely, then, Olivia should have something to call hers.

"Oh, there you are, Olivia, I was looking for you." Frigga said, coming up behind Olivia.

"Yes, Frigga?" She asked.

"I was hoping that- Why the sad expression?"

"Oh, it's nothing. What did you need?"

Frigga pursed her lips before taking Olivia gently by the arm. Frigga led her into her chambers before sitting her down on the edge of the small fountain in the middle.

"Tell me what's the matter. And don't tell me it's nothing because I know it very much is something." Frigga pressed Olivia. The girl sighed.

"It's just... Of all the people here, why don't I have a divinity? Why aren't I some kind of goddess? As much as I love him, surely my purpose in life isn't just to be Loki's lover. Isn't there something for me?" Olivia asked solemnly.

"I figured this question was coming. Well, not having a divinity doesn't make you any less of a person. Your parents didn't."

"That's what Loki said, but I want to have a greater purpose. Shouldn't Loki be remembered by having a lover who's interesting in some way? Not just a war orphan he lived with and eventually fell for?"

Frigga let a short silence hang before she sighed slightly.

"Earning a goddesshood can take a lot of work, especially if it's not something that comes naturally. Perhaps we can find something, though it won't probably be very easy." She said. Olivia brightened a little.

"I'd be willing to put in the work. Even if it's only one title, it's better than none." She said. Frigga chuckled at her enthusiasm.

"Well, alright. Let me think... Earth?"