PROLOGUE

Warning: Following content may be disturbing to some readers.
Discretion is advised.

*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*:*

"Goodnight Mommy... goodnight Daddy" the little girl yawned as both her parents tucked her in bed kissing her chubby cheeks after reading her a bedtime story just like every night and then checked for monsters under the bed. There were none.

She was old enough to sleep in her own room now, but still sometimes she used to sneak into her parents room at night to sleep in her mommy's arms.

"We're going to bring a sweet little baby brother for our little girl to play with." Her father told her grinning sheepishly and to which her mother turned red hitting her father's chest.
The little girl just giggled in her baby voice not understanding why she had to sleep away from her parents if they were going to bring for her a baby brother. However, she agreed to be a good girl and sleep alone because soon she would be a big sister and would have to be strong enough to protect her little brother.
She was a brave little girl who wasn't afraid of being alone or sleeping in the dark... because her father always told her....
"After darkness there is always light!"
So she knew, if she closes her eyes for the darkest tonight... she'll open them to the light tomorrow morning.

Day's passed by and one day her Mommy told her that her baby brother was on the way and he was resting in her tummy for a while before he comes out to play with her.
The little girl was very happy as she ran to school and told all her friends about it how she'll soon be a big sister.

After 5 years of thier little girl opening the doors of Heaven for them, Mr and Mrs S were finally getting the happiness of having another Angel in thier lives. They were beyond happy. Thier lives were perfect and they thanked the Lord for every ounce of happiness they had. A perfect home, a perfect family... so much love and joy.

However, they didn't knew thier joy was short lived as the infelicitous event dig it's claws in thier perfect lives on,

That unfortunate night....

A loud noise from downstairs broke the little girl's slumber as she sat up grogily rubbing her eyes.
"Mommy....Daddy...." She mumbled sleepily but they didn't answer her.

She jumped off the bed guided by the full moon's light and turned the doorknob scrunching her eyes to the bright lights of the corridor.

She yawned and pit patted her tiny feet as she walked out the door rubbing her eyes. A bright light blinded her vision and hot air surrounded her making her cough and at the black fumes blowing on her face. She stood still as the red and orange flames danced like monsters in front of her.

She was scared as she started crying, huge tears falling on the floor near her feet.

"Daddy.....Mommy....."

No one was listening to her screams.
Her ears were soon filled with the sounds of crashing and screaming. She shut her eyes and ears scrunching down sobbing and wailing in fear

"Muskan....my bachi!" She heard her mother's voice and opened her eyes crying harder in relief. Her mother ran to her and took her in her arms.

"Mommy.... where's daddy?!"

A whimper escaped her mother's lips and when the little girl looked at her mother, her forehead had red water flowing through the side.
"Mommy you got a boo boo?"

Her mother smiled with tears.
"It's ok my Shona. Mommy is fine. We're going to play hide and seek now ok?" She said desperately moving her hands through her little girl's face and arms whilst shaking like a leaf herself.
"You go hide in your room and don't come out, don't make a sound. Mommy and D..daddy will find you." She said.

Little Muskan blinked at her mother's fearful face. She couldn't comprehend anything but like a good little girl she listened to her mother and ran to her room to hide.

She hid in a corner and the bedroom door closed. It was dark...and scary for some reason. For a moment there was nothing, but suddenly she heard her mother scream.

She couldn't tame her curiosity and dared to set out of the room.

Her eyes widened in fear as she saw 5-6 huge men in the house breaking anything and everything. Her daddy laid on the floor covered in red water....like the one that comes out when you get a boo boo, she thought. However, it was too much and he wasn't moving.

Her Mommy was being dragged by her hair by a very huge man as she waa screaming her Daddy's name and crying.

The little girl was petrified as she watched everything in horror not being able to move a muscle. Huge orange flames surrounded them all lighting up the dark room making it look bright as day and hot as an oven.

The man took out a scary blade then stabbed it in her mother's abdomen where she said her baby brother was resting and she screamed as red water started covering her body.

Muskan covered her mouth as her scream died in her throat. Huge tears falling on the floor again.
Her Mommy was hurt...the man stabbed the blade again and again like a mad monster until she was no longer screaming.....or moving.

"Take whatever you can!" That man's loud voice roared.

The men were ravaging the whole house as the little girl froze in her place watching everything hiding near the stairs. She wanted to run to her parents but her feet won't move.

The same man then again approached her sleeping mother as she laid still bathed in her own blood. He tore open her maxie from above moving his dirty hand over her chest... squeezing it

"Her body is still warm. Even as a dead slab of meat she should be able to pleasure me." He laughed and stood up unzipping his pants.

Muskan couldn't watch anymore and her feet moved on thier own as she ran towards the monster that was hovering over her mother.

"Leave my Mommy!" She scretched.

Her tiny feet covered in her parents blood as she charged towards his demonic face and her tiny nails scratched his demon eye drawing out blood. He screamed in a monstrous way and swing his huge arm throwing the frail little girl flying over a glass table and the glass shattered making her fall underneath as shards of glass pierced into the tender flesh of her arms, thighs and back. She coughed out blood as her eyes widened in excruciating pain trapping her scream inside and just then tiny shreds of glass flying in the air came into her vision becoming bigger and bigger as they were coming closer to her eye balls eventually cutting through them as she shut her eyes in the agony....

"After darkness.... there is always light".
However, for Muskan, the light never came again....just pitch black darkness.