FIFTEEN

Rehan opened the car door for his bride and carefully helped her step down, at first supporting her head and then helping her with her long puffy dress. However, as soon as she stepped out, she stumbled and her husband's hard chest broke her fall. She gripped onto his shoulders like griping on to dear life as he too held her carefully like holding a glass doll.

"Are you ok butterfly?"

Muskan shook her head as it was even getting hard to breathe because of her anxiety. Rehan held her tighter to his chest examining her face.
"Hey... what's wrong my butterfly?" He asked worriedly, caressing her cheek with his knuckles.

"I.... I'm too nervous Rehan....soo many people are inside. I can hear them." She whispered.

He rubbed her back trying to placate her and whispered softly into her ear.
"It's ok.... I've got you butterfly. Just hold onto me. No one can hurt you and you look beyond beautiful today. I bet a lot of people will be envious."
He said and placed a lingering kiss on her forehead.

"You won't... leave me right?" She questioned asking for assurance

Rehan smiled at her cuteness.
"Never."

Muskan could smile again now feeling at ease because she knew if her Rehan was with her then she could handle anything.

"If you really don't feel well then we can go home." Rehan asked just to be sure.

Muskan shook her head.
"This party is important for you....so it is for me too."

Rehan smiled locking her arm with his.
"Butterfly, if you say stuff like that it'll make my heart race."

She giggled blushing and they both made thier way inside the party.

Everyone had thier eyes fixed on the new couple as every pair of eyes were eager to see The Rehan Mirza's Wife. Whispers and chatters made thier way to her ears as all those hushed voices felt like a heavy dark cloud floating over her head. She held onto Rehan's arm even tighter.

"Rehan! My man! Glad you could make it to the party!" Muskan heard a man's voice approaching them.

"How could I not when you invited us!" Rehan smirked and hugged the host of the party while still holding his wife's hand below.

"Ah, so this is our bhabhi. You're quite the lucky man to find such a beautiful bride huh." That man patted Rehan's back and turned his attention towards Muskan.

"Hello bhabhi ji, I'm Rehan's oldest and dearest friend Sagar."
He had stretched his had in front of her and Muskan turned her head towards the direction of the voice.

"Assalamualaikum."

Sagar watched her sceptically as his hand was still waiting in mid air.
"Our bhabhi is quite..... special huh?" He smiled.

Rehan understood he was talking about her blindness and smiled back pulling her closer by her shoulders.
"Yes she is."
He said shaking his hand instead.
"BTW, oldest and dearest? Now you're exaggerating."

"Ha! So what, I'm not your oldest and dearest friend? Yeah of course, you're married now. How can anyone be more dearest to you then Bhabhi?" He teased.

Muskan smiled listening to thier playful conversation and her heart warmed up hearing her husband being soo cheerful.

The went around being introduced to new people one by one and Muskan started making mental notes to be able to recognise the names of the people by thier voices....and thier perfumes, but all this concentration was starting to put pressure on her brain beginning too give a slight signs of headache.