FIVE

Rehan found out how Muskan was treated by her cousins and that Khushi has brought her back to thier home to live with. He was soo enraged about it that he almost set out to deal with them himself but Yasir stopped him.

"Calm down bro. We will give them a taste of thier own medicine, but not soo soon. Attacking them directly won't cause much damage right? We need to cut down thier roots." Yasir said sinking back onto chair.

Rehan took a heavy breath to calm himself. Whenever he closed his eyes he could see her crying and terrified face. Her green eyes shining like emeralds and weird sensations arose inside him that he couldn't explain.

It was similar to the anger and pain he felt all those years ago but still, it was much.... frustrating in every way.

"Fine. I'm leaving it to you. You said that all the property they own belongs to Mu..."

Even taking her name was causing itchy sensations in his chest. So he cleared his throat
"I mean, that girl's right?"

Yasir smiled.
"Her name is Muskan. Say Mus-kan... Muskan."

Rehan glared at him and Yasir stifled his laugh.
"Yes you're right. Her parents passed away in a fire but some reports say that they were attacked my bandits." He informed getting back to serious mode

"Bandits?"

"It's just a rumour though. Their bodies were burnt completely... chared. So, postmortem couldn't find much. The girl witnessed the entire incident when she was only 5. That's when she lost her eyesight too. She said someone broke into thier home but she was injured and in trauma so her statement was considered vague and ignored." Yasir answered.

Rehan nodded understandingly.
"She had been through a lot. What a pity!" He mumbled.

"BTW bro. Khushi is making her live here with us. Is that ok with you?"

"Hm. She has taken quite a liking to that girl. It's ok. Khushi can do anything she wants. This is her home too." Rehan said casually.

"Right...so, you like it too, don't you? Having that little squirrel live with us? She's kinda adorable." Yasir smirked seeing Rehan's always soo cold face fazed by his words for the first time.

Rehan blinked rapidly clearing his throat.
"Yeah...sure... whatever."
Then he hit Yasir's head.
"Don't look at other girls and concentrate on your wife. If you give my sister a chance to complaint, I'll skin you alive." He warned.

Yasir huffed rubbing his head.
"You won't have to go through the trouble of dirtying your hands bro. Your sister will kill me herself without wasting her breath to complain."

Rehan smiled slightly shaking his head. His sister had come a long way, and it was mostly thanks to Yasir.

∆∆∆∆
It had been more than a week but the house was still new for Muskan and soo was bumping into walls and doors. She didn't wanted to burden anyone so she mostly tried to do things on her own.

She wanted to go in the backyard to hang her washed clothes to dry and could hear the chirping of the birds outside. So following the sound she made her way carrying the small bucket.

She walked straight smiling to herself, feeling the warmth of the afternoon sun and didn't bother to check for walls in between as she knew there won't be any. But all of a sudden she bumped into a hard but rather warm wall stumbling back a little.

"Ouch!"

"Hey careful."

Her breath caught up in her throat.