TEN

Muskan placed the chiffon dupatta on her head ready to step outside.

"Rehan...." She called her husband blushing.

"Yes Butterfly?"

She smiled turning red. Hearing him call her butterfly always gave butterflies in her stomach.
"Is my dupatta ok?"

He turned towards her and his gaze got fixated on her not ready to move away.
"MashaAllah."

Muskan blushed harder.
"I meant....my dupatta isn't crooked or anything?"
She asked sheepishly.

Rehan shifted his gaze over her forehead and soon Muskan felt her husband's presence towering in front of her making her breathless.

"Just slightly." He whispered and gently fixed it for her.
"Done! Perfect...just like you."

His gaze settled down on her radiant face and he smiled seeing her flushed cheeks which seemed too irrisistible.

"Butterfly...."

"Ji... "

He brushed his knuckles gently over her apple cheek.
"I wanna bite them...they look soo delicious." He whispered in his own daze.

Muskan gasped, her eyes widening.

"E... everyone's wa... waiting.. please..." She managed to say desperately.

Rehan smiled at her cute reaction and pinched her nose.
"Alright.... let's go. I'll eat them for desert "

"Huh?"

Rehan grabbed her hand entwining thier fingers and guided her down the stairs.

####
"Here comes the newly weds!" Khushi announced looking at the staircase and everyone around set thier eyes on the couple seeing in awe how The most Feared Mafia Boss was bringing down his wife soo gently...that unusual sweet smile on his face and his beautiful shy wife who really looked like a glass doll beside him.

"Assalamualaikum." Muskan greeted everyone meekly and was greeted back enthusiastically.

"Cutie!!!" Khushi ran to her now Bhabhi and pulled her into a bear hug.
"You look soo pretty! So give me all the yummy details ...what happened last night?" She questioned excitedly.

Muskan turned crimson and Khushi continued teasing her.

"I'll help... Zarina Ma with breakfast." Muskan mumbled blushing and stepped towards the kitchen.

####
Muskan was hell bent on making her husband's favourite gulab jamuns. So she pulled up her sleeves and got cookin' in the kitchen.

"Oh ho this girl!" Zarina Ma walked in shaking her head.
Muskan smiled hearing her voice.

"Why are you in the kitchen? Beta, you just got married yesterday. You should be with your husband right now. Why are you wasting your time here?" She complaint pulling the bride back by her shoulders.

Well, she could be with her husband but his vague talks scared her a bit. Whole day he was talking about biting and eating her cheeks and fingers.
She was worried now...

Was her husband a cannibal of some sorts?

"Ma.... I'm making gulab jamuns for Re... Rehan and everyone too." She answered blushing. Calling him by his name was still difficult given he was soo older to her.

Zarina Ma smiled and patted her head.
"Did Rehan say that he liked gulab jamuns?"

Muskan nodded.

"That's why you were making them soo hurriedly huh? What a sweet girl you are!" She giggled.
"Caring for your husband right from the start?"