THIRTEEN

"Cutieeeeee!" Khushi ran to Muskan and pulled her into a tight hug then holding her at arms length she began examining her anxiously.
"Are you ok? You're not hurt anywhere are you? Oh God! I was soo scared!"

"I'm ok Didi." Muskan answered assuringly sensing the restlessness in her voice.

"My bachi! Are you really ok? Oh....you must've been soo scared." Zarina joined in to the hug too squeezing the petite girl in a bone crushing hug.

"Enough now both of you. You two will suffocate her." Said Rehan only to receive glares from both the ladies and two hard slaps on both his arms from both sides.

"Ow!" He rubbed his arms eyeing both the women in surprise.

"This is all because of you! How could you lose her and worry us all?!" Zarina scolded loudly.

"Exactly, how could you be soo careless with our precious doll. Tsk! Shame on you bhai." Khushi huffed not letting go of Muskan.

Rehan opened his mouth to speak but he knew he was guilty and Muskan too tried to defend her husband from  the two women's bashing but Khushi squashed her face between her hands making her face look like a duck.
"Oh...my cutie, you must've been soo scared. Come with your Khushi didi, I'll make you rest well."
Khushi pouted treating her like a child and both the ladies dragged her to Khushi's room leaving her poor husband at the doorstep. Muskan tried to reach for her husband but alas she had no choice.

"Tsk tsk tsk, no one cares about us anymore. It's all about our little squirrel." Yasir shook his head and patted Rehan's shoulder silently telling him to hang in there.

Rehan sighed watching his wife leave and raised an eyebrow at Zarina Ma's glaring.

Yep, he wasn't getting any dinner tonight.

∆∆∆∆
"Cutie, do you know about bike racing?"

Muskan nodded sceptically whilst biting into her apple slice.
"I think. Back home, I've heard bhaijaan watching it on TV."

The mention of her home and that monster cousin of hers caused bile to rise in her throat which she swallowed along with the apple.

Khushi hissed at the mention of that scoundrel. Even after soo much, Muskan was still uttering his name with such respect.

"Oh that's good. Then I don't have to explain you much." Khushi began cheerfully trying to lighten the mood
"You know every year we have bike racing contest in our gang.... I mean in our group and Bhai and Yasir always win!"

Muskan's eyes sparkled with excitement hearing that. She had always been fascinated by the sound of the speed of cars and bike racings she used to hear from the TV. And to know that her husband took part in something soo fantastic, got her curious.

"Really?"

"Would you like to attend it?"

"I would love to." Muskan beamed from ear to ear.

Khushi giggled at her excitement but she was also now in a mood of teasing her a little.
"BTW, you didn't tell me how far did you too get on your honeymoon?" She cooed.

Muskan blinked at her question and then answered innocently assuming she was asking about the places they visited.
"Um...we went to many parks and then we..."

"Oh no silly, I meant in the bedroom."

Muskan was still confused but her face turned red when realisation hit her.
"No.... nothing....we....no...um...."

Khushi looked at her a bit worried.
"Cutie.... please tell me you guys atleast kissed."

Hanging her head low, Muskan meekly shook her head. At this Khushi smacked her own forehead and sighed.
"That's exactly what I was afraid of. How could you guys be soo slow? Ok, me and Yasir were slow at the beginning too but this is toooo slow yaar!"

"I...is that a bad thing?" Muskan questioned anxiously.

"Khushi sighed and placed a serious hand on her shoulder. It's a very....very bad thing cutie! The most important thing in a marriage after communication is intimacy. That's what keeps the love between a husband and wife alive...."

∆∆∆∆
After listening to a long lecture, Muskan was completely drained out as she was helping Zarina in the kitchen.

Would her husband really not love her if she wasn't intimate with him? She already knew he loved her but how long would that love last? She had to atleast mentally prepare herself.

"I'll definitely beat you in the race this year too."

"It was by luck that you won last time Yasir. Don't get your hopes too high."

Muskan could hear her husband and Yasir laughing. The footsteps were getting closer and she knew Rehan was walking towards her. A huge smile came on her face but there was some hidden anxiety.

"We made snacks for everyone." She said.

"Oh.... smells divine. I was starving." Yasir said rubbing his hands
"I'll go get freshnup before Zarina ma rips out my ear." He said and rushed to his room.

"That's better." Zarina nodded

"What's special for me?"

Muskan flinched as she didn't realise when her sneaky husband sneaked behind her and whispered slowly into her ear. Zarina excused herself giving the newly weds some privacy

Muskan blushed and shook her head in response.

Rehan smiled.
"Ah, that's sad. I wanted something special from my wife." He teased.

"What do you what then? You can tell me now I can make it for you."

He took her hand in his and placed gentle kisses on her every fingertip. His eyes on her face noticing how it was turning a deeper shade of red.

"If I tell you what I want....you might get scared." He whispered.

Muskan gulped shaking her head and he chuckled softly.
"Ok, so I can ask for anything?"

She nodded keeping Khushi's words in mind.

"Then how about a Kiss?"

"Huh?"

"If I win the race tomorrow, you'll reward me with a kiss."

Rehan was sceptical about asking it as he was worried she might get anxious so he almost opened his mouth to say that he was joking, until....

"Ok." She breathed and squeezing his hand that she was already holding, she smiled.
"If that's what you want....but, you'll have to win first."

Rehan's face split into a grin.
"Now I really cannot lose."

_____________

Oooo...will Rehan win his reward?
Find out next week 😉

I think this story will be more than 25 chapters.

Happy?
😅