TWENTY-SIX

Six Years Later

"Wake up!....Papa wake up!!!" A cute little boy with big doe emerald eyes screamed jumping up and down as he sat over his father's back.

"Mmmm." Rehan mumbled in his sleep.

"PAPA!!! I'll be late to school!!!" He threw a fit punching his broad shoulders.

Rehan scowled groggily, annoyed now.
"What time is it?" He mumbled still with his eyes closed.

"7'oclock!"

Rehan's eyes shot open and he got up as the kid fell of his back and on the bed giggling.
"Papa you're soo big..." He was giggling.

"Murad! Why didn't you wake me up sooner?!" Rehan panicked and scrambled off the bed picking his not soo tiny son off the bed and made him sit over his shoulders being flown to the bathroom as his giggles filled the room.

∆∆∆∆
"Saif! Baby, Don't pull your sister's hair and Sara, shona, don't spoil your uniform!" Khushi was yelling at both her kids as they were making mischief on the breakfast table while she rushed to the kitchen to pack thier tiffins. Being a mother now she did learn to cook somewhat.

Yasir walked into the kitchen groggily and finding his wife, wrapped his arms around her waist from behind giving a sweet kiss on her cheek
"Goodmorning Jaan."

"Get off Yasir! I'm busy." She scolded sternly while making the sandwiches.

Yasir smiled and nuzzled her neck to annoy her more.

"Yasir!" She pushed him making him chuckle.

"Ok ok...sorry my Jaan... I love you! now where are my little angry birds?" He grinned going to the kids leaving Khushi smiling behind him.

Murad too ran out joining his cousins followed by Rehan.

"Oh bhai.... I'll get the breakfast ready in a minute for you too. Let me fill thier lunch boxes first." Khushi said hurriedly busy with her work.

Rehan walked to the kitchen and picked an apple patting her head.
"Don't worry about me. I'll get something on the way." He said seeing her working soo hard.

"No way.... you're not going anywhere today without a good breakfast." She scolded.

Rehan took a bite of that apple.
"This is good breakfast." He mumbled with his mouth full.

"No it's not! Go sit with the kids. I'll prepare the breakfast." Zarina walked in patting his back.

"No no no... you're not coming inside the kitchen today. You're still not well. Didn't the doctor asked you to rest? And why are you up soo early?" Rehan held her by her shoulders dragging her gently towards the room.

She turned around and slapped his arm.
"What does that doctor know? I'm still healthy as a horse."

"Of course, of course! The doctor is soo stupid and his degree is fake. Our Zarina ma is half a doctor herself, right ma?" Yasir teased only to receive a weak slap on his arm too.
His clenched his jaw trying to hide his disdain. She surely had gotten weak and her old age was catching up to her. For the past six years her health had been detoriating bit by bit showing not much signs of improvement ... especially after Muskan left. She took quite a shock.