TWENTY-FOUR

Muskan let out a shaky breath as her heart weighted too heavy inside her chest and she felt like she'd left a huge part of her back there as she now stood in front of her home.

She was back. Leaving behind everything and everyone.... without even a goodbye.... ending it all.

Muskaan....come to mommy....no, she's Daddy's Little Princess....come to Daddy....

The sounds of giggles and laughter of her baby self and her parents echoed in her ears and all those sweet memories played like a movie in front of her eyes as she looked around the house after soo many years.

This was her home...

Tears streamed down her eyes bringing a melancholic smile on her lips. She gripped on the suitcase handle tills her knuckles went white and took 2-3 deep breaths to maintain her composure. She had left everyone behind....she had left her heart and soul behind trapping it into an unbreakable casket.

She had left the love of her life behind.

However, there was no turning back now. So she wiped her face clenching her jaw and raised her chin walking up the threshold of Her Mansion.

"Muskan? Muskaaaan my bachhiiiii!" Her Khala rushed towards the door seeing her and crying overdramaticaly, she threw both her arms around her and did quite a cheap acting.

Muskan just stood still with a poker face on while her eyes roamed around the interior. A lot of things had changed since she last remembered.

"My bacchi is here to save us all!"

She could see both her cousins running out towards her was smiling. It was the first time she was seeing them since all grown up.

Her Khala got back holding her hand.
"Muskan....so... you brought back the power of attorney with you, didn't you?"
She asked carefully.

Muskan just nodded and her Khala let out a breath of relief before again acting over-dramatic and both her cousins were too grinning from ear to ear.
"Oh Alhamdulillah! Our Muskan is our Angel."

Muskan finally looked at her khala's face making her frown confused as Muskan's gaze was directed fixated on her.
"You've changed a lot khala in all those years. U look like a completely different person now." Muskan said nonchalantly.

"Lo...look...what do you mean?" Her Khala forced a smile... anxiety evident on her strained face.

Muskan observed the confused faces of those 3 and then dropped the bomb.
"It means.... I see again."

Jaws dropped and hands flew to thier mouths, eyes bulging out in utter shock and horror was a sight Muskan got to see from her soo called family instead of the happiness she had seen on the people who now no longer could be her family.
"I'm no longer a disabled person Khala, nor am I a weak minor who needs a guardian to look after her or her parents' property..... I'm the true owner of this house now... and so, now I hold the right over the power of attorney of my parents." she announced.

∆∆∆∆
"Oye Muskan, bring me a bag of chips from the kitchen." Her cousin Fiza ordered as she sat in front of the TV.

Muskan just stood there looking at her with a poker expression.

"What? Now that you can see, are you going to keep staring at me. Why? Haven't you seen anyone soo beautiful before?" She mocked.

"I have...many actually." Muskan snapped.

"You!" Fiza glared at her.
"Anyways, just bring me my chips."

Muskan scoffed.
"Are you going to order the owner of this house to run errands for you?"