TWENTY-SEVEN

A couple days passed since the incidence and Rehan just couldn't stop thinking about it.

So Muskan was back and she met Murad. However, when he asked Murad about it, he meekly said that he didn't knew who she was and he himself asked her to pretend to be his mother because he was scared Rehan wouldn't give him his b'day present. He had grown up soo fast that he even understood the meaning of pretend. His innocent child .... didn't even knew the woman he asked to pretend to be his mother was actually his mother. Rehan never told him....he just couldn't.
All this time he had given false hope to his son and to himself that his mother would come back to them and now that she was here...she was still a Stanger.

∆∆∆∆
Even though Muskan had promised herself never to see her son again....a mother's heart wasn't ready to stay apart from her child. Seeing Murad after soo long had kindled her motherly love even more that had never extinguished in the first place. Every minute of her life for the past 6 years she lived in the pain and regret of parting with her child....she didn't even held him once. What a cruel mother she was!

She couldn't hold back anymore and soo she came to the school everyday to see him secretly from a distance. She tried soo hard to get a job so that atleast she could meet Murad in the school but it was no use.
She had to satisfy herself by just seeing him from a distance. She used to see Khushi's kids too and couldn't help but smile at the adorable trio. They all took care of eachother soo well that it warmed her heart.

Just like that, that day too she was secretly watching the kids as they got down the school bus and as always her heart sank as they all disappeared into the building. However, when she turned around ...her heart jumped to her throat and a gasp escaped her lips seeing the person standing front of her.

"K...khushi Didi."

Khushi clenched her jaw and grabbed Muskan's arm painfully making her wince.
"Come with me!" She said sternly and was already dragging her thin frame behind herself. Muskan said nothing and just followed her.

Still in the campus, Khushi halted under a huge tree and raised her hand at Muskan who stood there with her eyes shut, waiting for the impact, a lone tear sliping down her closed eyes.

However... Khushi just couldn't do it. She didn't understand if she was happy or sad to finally see her cutie again but one thing was sure that she was really.... really mad! Her raised hand closed into a trembling fist and helplessly fell down as she let out a shaky breath. Her heart clenching.

"Why are you back....and why the hell are you here cu... Muskan?!" It pained her just to utter her name.

Muskan opened her eyes and her silent tears just wouldn't stop. After 6 long years she was finally hearing her Khushi Didi's voice, but, it wasn't the sweet loving tone that she always used with her, rather a cold and hateful one that she never knew about.

"Khushi Didi..."

"DO NOT CALL ME THAT! I'm not your Didi anymore! Didn't you say that yourself?!" Khushi yelled and it was a good thing that they were all alone.
"Wasn't abandoning us enough? Are you back to mock at us or traumatize your own son? Oh wait! He's not your son right? He's just Rehan bhai's son. You just gave birth to him!" Khushi mocked spitting fire.

Muskan just silently kept listening to her shedding tears.

"Don't show me those crocodile tears Muskan. I already know how heartless you are to shed any real ones." She took a step towards Muskan as her blood boiled in her veins making her tremble but the ache in her heart grew too drawing out tears.
"You abandoned us! We did anything and everything for you. I loved and cherished you like my own sister, my husband called you his little sparrow, you were like a daughter to Zarina ma...and for bhai...you were his whole world. We opened our hearts to you and made you a part of our family....we did soo much for you yet you were soo ungrateful. As soon as you got your eyesight back you declared us dead and left just like that. And that too why? Because my brother looks like your parents' murderer?! What was his fault huh? He didn't even know anything... he had suffered because of the same man too and you made it worst! You made him hate himself again... even more than before!
Did you know how much he had resented his own self all his life because he looked like our father?! But ...when he found you, he found a reason to love himself because you loved him and all that love you had for him all this time turned into dust as soon as you saw him huh? You're such a lier Muskan! Tell me, did u ever loved him, us... or was it all your selfish desire to be able to live a good life?"