Seafoam and waterlilies: Philippines x mermaid reader

Philippines pov
I was fishing on the docks, feet in the water, it was just a normal day, but it felt like it wasnt. After a few minutes of just nibbles and no more bait I got up, disassembling my fishing rod, only to see a streak of (F/C) (fave color) go by. I ran off the dock and around to the other area the streak was heading to, seeing something in a trap that hunters put up, rumors say there are Merpeople in these waters.

"HELP!"

My head snapped to the trap, seeing a Mermaid, she was beautiful! I dove into the water and swam over to the trap, getting a fishing knife out, cutting the netting "shhhh- the hunters might hear you!" Once she was able to get out, she placed her hands on each side on my neck and then over my eyes and nose, I felt a soft glow, and then I got pulled under the water.

I thought I was going to drown but I didnt. I felt the sides of my neck, gills- my eyes would have been stinging from the salt but they weren't, and I am guessing she connected my nose to my gills because I can just normally breathe.

She stopped back over where I left my stuff, then looked at me and pointed up, I nodded and swam upwards "ok- that was cool- but who are you?" She popped up and hid under the dock a bit "y/n, and thanks for getting me out- I might have to repay you." I laughed a bit, then shook my head, "Philippines, or Phil, you dont need to, the hunters are ruthless and will do anything for money" it was probably about time for me to get home, and I guess she noticed, she waved goodbye and swam off, that was the start 9f something magical.

I felt my neck after getting out of the water, no gills, "so only in water- ok then."

(Hi yes it's short, this might just be in phil's pov tbh- depends tho-)