Chapter 37

"I am so sorry, to hear about you & Stefan" caroline voice heavy as I walked into the dorm room. Me & caroline we're sharing a room, Elena & Bonnie were in the next room but since Bonnie is still stuck on the other side Elena is alone.

"It's okay" I mumbled as she pulled me into a hug "I can't belief, you did that".

"I had to because I love him, he had to forget me so that he could move on" I sniffed.

"Peach, please" caroline rubbed my back.

"Let's not talk about this, shall we?" I sat on the bed.

"Yeah, it's your first day in college so let's get drunk & wasted" she chuckled as she opened the mini fridge & took out a bottle of tequila "here's to making bad decisions".

Melissa: who's that in the background?

Peach: that's drunk caroline.

Melissa: I'm missing all the fun, ain't I? (Chuckles)

Peach: yup!

Melissa: But Tyler loves Connecticut & we both love the institution we are in.

Peach: I know Mel, and I'm happy for you both after all the troubles & up's & down's. You both deserve to be together.

Melissa: I'm so sorry about you & Stefan though, you shouldn't have done what you did.

Peach: I already told you, I don't want to talk about it Mel.

Melissa: yeah but peach, he loves you...how could you take that away from him?

Peach: with me comes the sorrows & pain that he had to go through.

Melissa: but he was his best version when he was with you peach, you know that...

Peach: if you have seen him that day, you would have understood why I did what I did. I saw the pain in his eyes Mel, he endured so much pain & sufferings because he wanted to be with me...the hell klaus put him through & how heartbroken he was, when I left him. Even though he had no memories of anything that happened, still it cut him like a knife.

Melissa: that's the reason why you guys have a great love.

Peach: I cannot be selfish Mel, when I know that I can ease his pain so I did what I had to & I'm happy with the decision that I made because finally Stefan can live his life not thinking about me or the pain he felt.

Melissa: that kind of love never dies peach, one day or the other you will find out.

Peach: I pray that day never comes anyway, I gotta go me & carol are going to thrash the sorority party tonight.

Melissa: I'm jealous already, have fun!

Peach: bye, Mel.

***

Elena: hello?

Peach: hey, what's up?