Chapter 20

It's been almost two months since Stefan's disappearance, there was no news on Stefan nor Klaus & no one has any idea about them. I knew in my heart Stefan was alive because Klaus would not kill him but none can predict Klaus. Damon & Alaric were on the road mostly tracking them while I stayed back in Mystic Falls with my friends trying to live the most normal life I can.

"Your birthday is in a week, what is your big plan?" Melissa asked.

"I'm thinking, I'll skip this birthday" I murmured.

"Are you insane, you're finally going to be 18 we both have waited forever for this" she reminded me.

"Mel, I need a break you know why" I muttered.

"You have been taking a break for far too long & now it's over, time to celebrate" she said as she walked out the door, I know she has a crazy idea on her mind & I was not up for it.

"Hello" Caroline smiled as she walked in "hi" I smiled as I looked at her.

"Are you going to wear that?" She asked.

"What do you mean?" I asked as I looked down on my pink satin pj's with white border line.

"Melissa, has kept me in charge of your birthday outfit so get ready" she looked at me.

"There's still time carol & not today please" I looked at her & faked a smile.

"It's now or never come on we have to hit the road, we have a flight to catch" she grinned "what flight?" I asked in shock.

"Your mom has requested your presence in NY & she's not taking no as an answer nor am I" she squeaked. Caroline convinced me to go to NY with her to see my mom & as much as I hate to face her I knew I have to, I need to know more about my birth father as we landed in NY Caroline was overjoyed, I've never seen her that way she was out of control as her emotions were overwhelming. A limo came & picked us up & we headed to Manhattan where our apartment was.

"Baby" mom called as we walked out of the elevator "I missed you" she hugged me tight & kissed my head.

"Mom, she's Caroline & Caroline she's my mom" I introduced them as they shook each other's hand "thank you so much mam, for inviting me to tag along with peach" Caroline smiled.

"It's my pleasure" mom smiled.

"Your house is amazing" Caroline admired as we walked up the stairs "is this your room?" she asked as she saw the immense view of NYC from my bedroom 10 feet tall, 30 feet in width full fibre glass window.

"Yes, it is" I said "dad took this idea & made my room back in Mystic Falls with a great view" I smiled.

"I can see the Empire State Building" Caroline squeaked as she pointed at the building "what the hell your bathroom is see through" she chuckled as she walked into my fully black bathroom.

"Yeah, I like it that way" I mumbled.

"And I love how black everything is, it's unique" she murmured as she turned on the tap & washed her hands as she looked out at the city. After a hot steamy shower I got into my skin tight high waisted black leather pants as I wore a white button down blouse & a brown trench coat that was little over my knees, I put my black strapless 4 inch sandal & tied my hair up in a neat bun as I applied a nude lipstick with layers of mascara.