Chapter 31

"Are we going to row to that island?" I looked at Shane "yeah" he nodded as we saw an island at the distant, it looked deserted.

"Stefan, Elena & Jeremy take that boat while Matt, Peach & Damon take the other one" Shane said "and Bonnie, me & you in this boat" Rebekah looked at Shane as he nodded, at least Shane was wise enough to not mix us up.

"Okay" I agreed as we all got into our boats "I never thought I'd say this but I'm glad it's you Damon" I looked at Damon.

"Ouch! My brother heard that" Damon smirked.

"I don't care" I rolled my eyes as he started rowing, I saw Stefan gazing at us from the corner of my eyes but I totally ignored him.

"So, when we find this Silas guy & the cure, will you take it?" Damon asked.

"You know I would, I didn't want this life. I choose it only to save you guys" I admitted.

"And you're sacrifice will never be forgotten, by any of us" Damon smiled.

"What about you Damon?" I asked "will you take the cure?"

"I have no great love to sacrifice my immortality for" he said slowly "but if I had, I would have".

"You sound just like Stefan" I chuckled.

"Yeah, you know he would do it for you...don't you?" he looked at me.

"I know he would, but that doesn't matter anymore" I said slowly.

"Because he cheated on you" he murmured.

"Yeah" I nodded.

"He hurt you that bad. Huh?" he looked at me "he did" I stated "but it's for the best because I came to realise that love exists only in fairy tales".

"You are wrong, you know" he said.

"Like you have ever loved?" I laughed.

"You never know, peach" he winked.

"There are three other vampires around" Matt whispered "listening to your every word".

"I do, and I really don't care" I smirked.

We reached the island as we tied our boats & headed towards the forest where the tombstone of Silas was. It was really a very creepy forest & none of us liked the idea of travelling at night so we settled down to camp for the night but as usual quarrels & suspicion arose among us but Matt & I were cool & we didn't partake in any of the dramas, instead we were sitting next to the fire & roasting marshmallows.

"Do you think, this forest is haunted?" I asked curiously as I gazed around.

"No" he replied "and I don't think we should be talking about ghosts right now".

"You scared?" I chuckled.

"Cos you will be scaring yourself, peach" he said.

"Mel, will pee in her pants if she's here" I giggled "she hate creepy places".

"Then it's good that I'm not her" he chuckled.