Part 7

Madhuri Dixit as Laya Kapur
Anil Kapoor as Jai Verma
Sumeet Raghavan as Karan Kapur
Preity Zinta As Tina Verma
...........................................................

Present:

Jai looked at Laya all the time. He considered and also thought about the old times with her.

Suddenly a nurse came into the room.

Nurse: "Doctor, your wife is here. She wants to talk to you! "
Jai: "Okey. I'm coming."

Jai left the room and went to his treatment room.

Tina: "Jai ?!"
Jai: "Hey.?"
Tina: "Darling do we want to go out to eat lunch?"
Jai: "I started working a few minutes ago. What lunch break? I do not do a break and even not a lunch break!"
Tina: "Why are you getting angry? We can eat something later! "
Jai: "I don't have time. Go home I stay here. My patient has to be healthy. I will have to be with her. 24 hours!"
Tina: "What? Honestly ? Jai this hospital has many employees, many doctors and many nurses! Why always you? "
Jai: "She is an old friend. She needs me! Please understand it! "
Tina: "A old friend ? Best friend or? What's her name? Do I know her?"
Jai: "Yes, a best friend that you don't know."
Tina: "What's her name?"
Jai: "Laya! And now, please let me work in peace! "
Tina: "Everything's fine. I go home. But if she is healthy, I would like to get to know her! "
Jai: "Okey!"

Tina went home while Jai looked at the documents. He wanted to make sure that Laya was treated properly. He also wanted to control everything.
The time went by so fast. It was evening again. Jai went into her room.

He knelt again. She was connected to devices. Everything beeped. Jai took her hand between his two hands. He kissed her hand.

Jai: "Laya? Can you hear me?"

Laya didn't respond.

Jai: "Laya, I'm here. With you! You no longer have to be afraid. Jai is here! "

He looked at her, kissed her hand and forehead, and went out again.

Jai came to her every 6 hours. He checked her condition. Laya's husband had no other choice. He had to see Jai always come out with watery eyes. He didn't want to but Jai was the only one who could make her healthy. But it bothered him a lot.

The next day, Jai went to Laya again. He was very tired because he hadn't slept.

This time he took a chair with him and sat on next to her bed. He took her hand again. He stroked her head with the other hand.

Jai: "Laya. Stop annoying me. How many times should I cry for you? Don't you feel sad for me ....
Do you remember where I told you that I will always protect you. Now I am here and I will heal all your wounds. Everything will be better ....
Ahh everything will be nicer. I promise you ... I'll do everything I can to make you feel well ... I couldn't save you from the wedding at the time, I couldn't protect you. Please forgive me. But now I'm going to do everything I can to save your life and protect you.
....
I promise everything will be fine ... "

Jai wiped his tears away.

He continued: "I had such wonderful dreams with you. When I saw you for the first time, I had such beautiful plans with you. Nice plans for the future. Now you belong to someone else. I also belonged to someone else. But my love is still yours My love, my heart and my soul will always be yours ... The day you married I was dead. I died the day ... I prayed to see you to ask why? But then I knew you did it to protect me. I wanted to see you again and hug you. And now you're lying in front of me. But I can't hug you. You are lying in front of me, listen to me and don't say anything so that I'm more sad. Is that fair ?"

He was talking to her for more than 40 minutes. When he tried to get up, he noticed Laya squeezing his hand. Jai looked at her. Laya opened her eyes slightly.