Part 3

Madhuri Dixit as Laya Kapur
Anil Kapoor as Jai Verma
Sumeet Raghavan as Karan Kapur
Preity Zinta As Tina Verma
...........................................................

Jai went into the patient room. He saw Laya. He went to her bed. He knelt over to her. He looked at her. Very long time.
He held her hand and was thinking of the past. He cried and cried.

In the past:
Thoughts from Jai:

18 years ago

In a village.  At that time Jai was 22 years old and Laya was 20 years old.
Every morning, Jai followed his beloved Laya to work. She worked in her father's shop. The shop was small but there was  everything. Jai loved her. But couldn't tell her anything. She was the prettiest girl he'd ever seen. So he followed her everywhere. She noticed it, but was too shy. She had a charming smile with shy eyes. So she looked at him.

One day after so many weeks, Jai went to the store where Laya was working.

Jai: "Eeeee Hey! Bread?" he was nervous.
Laya: "Bread?" she asked shyly.

Jai: "Can I get a bread please?"
Laya: "What kind?"
Jai: "Doesn't matter."

Laya smiled and packed the bread in a bag.

Laya: "Please."
Jai: "thank you."
Laya: "Do you need anything else?"
Jai: "Name?"
Laya: "Name ??"
Jai: "What's your name?"
Laya: "Heheh Laya."
Jai: "Hey, I'm Jai. Jai Verma!"
Laya: "Nice to meet you."
Jai:"Nice to meet you too. ahh how much?"

Laya said the money and he paid. So he came to her every day. He always bought little things and tried to talk to her. A few weeks later, he also showed his feelings. Laya was in love too. But her father had other plans for his daughter. Laya should marry Karan. She was promised to him since childhood. Laya's father also got money, a car, and a house for his daughter. So everything was agreed. Laya had to obey.

Laya told everything to Jai. Jai was angry. There was only a option. They had to run away... far away .... together!

Jai asked Laya: "Laya I love you. I love you very much. And I can't imagine a life without you. Your parents are against it. But if you love me too and want to marry me, we have to get out of here. We must to run away... far away! Are you coming with me?"

He reached his Hand out to her. She cried and touched his hand. So they ran away together. So they ran away. They lived on the street for many days. Laya took money with her. They ate and drank with it. Jai tried to reach his grandmother in Mumbai. Without success.

Finally, his cousin in Pune helped him. He got a Workplace and a room. Of Course a Room for him and her!

So they lived together for a few days. Jai had plans. He wanted to save money and marry Laya. Then move on to Mumbai. He wanted to study and wanted to have a family with his Laya.